Search results

1. T

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

This is what happened to us! Downsized from a CX-9 after 7yrs looking for a 5-passenger SUV but didn’t want the size of the CX-70 hence bought a CRV Hybrid Touring instead. Always loved Mazdas in fact last 3 vehicles we’ve owned were all Mazdas but sadly, not anymore! If the Cx-70 was smaller...
  2. T

2007~2015 Goodbye to my CX-9

After a little over 7yrs of happy and trouble-free ownership of my 2017 CX-9 Signature, it’s time to say goodbye. With kids grown up it was time to downsize to a 5-passenger SUV. Looked at CX70 but that was just too big and expensive (even more than the CX90 which was mental!). Anyway, ended...
  3. T

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

Very disappointed in this Cx-70! A sad and lazy attempt by Mazda by simply removing the 3rd row seats…was expecting a diff platform, shape and design but no! As someone who’s downsizing soon after owning the great CX-9 for 7+yrs and having the last 3 vehicles all Mazdas, was looking forward to...
  4. T

Infotainment Screen cracking (spider cracks)

I would fight this tooth and nail if I were you. Ours is a 2017 MY and not that the infotainment screen had cracks or any issue but Mazda Cda sent us a letter a few yrs back extending the warranty on the screens for up to 7yrs therefore covered up to 2024! It also indicated that we’ll be...
  5. T

No transmission kickdown (at higher speeds) from 2021 CX-9?

Quoted from owners manual : Kickdown When the accelerator pedal is depressed fully while driving, the gear shifts down. When driving at high speeds, the gear may not shift down. However, the gears do not kickdown while the TCS is turned off.
  6. T

Park CX-9 in garage?

Instead of the hanging tennis ball I’ve used the perforated (with holes) plastic golf balls! Even though it’s lighter than tennis balls, wind doesn’t affect it as it just goes through the holes!
  7. T

Mazda6 Discontinued For 2022

Mazda 6 - best car that nobody buys…sad but true! I owned a 6 and never even considered buying the Camry or Accord at the time
  8. T

Lumbar support faulty

Never experienced it in my 4.5yrs of owning my 2017 Signature…Good thing if yours is still under warranty! Better get them to fix it…
  9. T

Mike's 2018 CX-9 Signature

Same here…
  10. T

DRSS Issue? (Distance Recognition Support System)

I think you should “temper” your expectations when it comes to dealing with Mazda as while it may appear as a safety concern from your end, at the end of day they won’t likely do much for you as it appears as a software issue/glitch and unless there is a multitude of complaints and a real safety...
  11. T

Mazda6 Discontinued For 2022

It was on its last legs anyways sitting on a 2014 old platform…sure they can come back with a newly designed 6 in 2023 but more likely offered in selected markets given the declining sales of sedans esp here in NA. Even if the new platform has the I6 engine and RWD, may only cater to a small...
  12. T

2019 CX-9 wouldn't start and bunch of malfunctions

Totally agree with this...years ago I replaced my Volvo’s lead acid OEM battery with an AGM and it performed really well esp no problems on extreme cold start ups and frequent short trips. I’d definitely replace my Mazdas’ OEM batteries with AGM again!
  13. T

2021 CX-9 Signature: Why no wireless Apple CarPlay?

Technology sure has come a long way to the point that Wireless ACP/AA is now becoming a deal breaker...I have the wired CP/AA in my car but seldom use it as I find it just distracting...too many distractions nowadays but that’s from my personal perspective and preference. I guess you now buy...
  14. T

Automatic Zoom on Nav

Yes but you can also disable it...It's in the Nav settings.
  15. T

How’s your 2018+ Turbo been?

I’ve had my 6 in GS or Sport trim in the U.S. version since March this year (bought brand new on clearance and got $7K below MSRP at the time w/c was a great deal). I already have the 2.5T engine in my CX9 so decided was fine with the NA 2.5L engine in the 6 as it’s also just a daily driver for...
  16. T

New 2020 CX-9, burning smell

Any new vehicle will have this...It’s the wax coating applied to brand new engines to protect them from corrosion while being shipped at sea for few months. Eventually the wax coating burns off thus the smell dissipates after a few thousand Kms...Not sure if you noticed during delivery but the...
  17. T

CX-3 owners, what do you love and hate about it?

Had a ‘19 CX3 AWD for a yr but got rid of it...buzzy engine, noisy cabin, small tank, cargo and overall space (cramped rear legroom), harsh & jarring ride due to torsion rears. Yes fun to drive esp with the AWD and safety features but I ended up replacing it with a ‘19 6 GS/Sport trim which was...
  18. T

2016~2023 Advice for servicing the CX-9 for the first time?

I've started going away from my local dealer for servicing (after the warranty period) due to the "unnecessary" recommended services, trying to "upsell" every time & higher cost of "labour" and "shop mat'l charges" they tag on like rags etc. I've always bought synthetic oil jugs on sale for...
  19. T

Rental companies that will rent a CX-9 for a day (extended test drive)?

this is true...3-4yrs ago when I shopped the 2017 Signature I bought, I asked my local dealer if I can have a tester unit for extended test drive/overnight to also see if I can park it and fit in my garage...said that was totally fine. Returned the tester the next day and there was no pressure...
Back