Search results

1. D

Smart Key Won't Unlock Doors?

Unfortunately this is not the problem for me. I've stuck my key in there plenty of times to charge it. I was told to do this at the dealership when I bought it if the push to start wasn't working. I've done it several times and its worked every time. There's nothing stuck inside.
  2. D

No, I never got it repaired. Every time I thought about spending $600+ on it I thought of other things I could spend it on, like a weekend at the beach or something lol. But maybe that price has gone down since it was practically 2 years ago. The dealership seemed pretty confident that it was...
  3. D

Here's the update to my problem. After the rear passenger door actuator was replaced I was told the driver door actuator also needed tk be replaced. After replacing that key still not working. Then I was told the body contol module needed to be replaced. I was told they work hand in hand and one...
  4. D

Keyless Entry Inspection Required after accident

I had a similar problem in my 2010 Mazda 6. I could start the car fine but could not lock/unlock any doors or the trunk with the fob. Found out it is a faulty passenger rear door actuator. The car can't tell that door is closed so it won't lock with the fob. There is no indicator on the...
  5. D

***Update*** Took the car to the dealership to have factory recalled airbag inflator replaced and went ahead and had a full electrical diagnostic performed. Found out it is a faulty passenger rear door actuator. The car can't tell that door is closed so it won't lock with the fob. There is no...
  6. D

No, I cannot unlock any doors or open the trunk by pressing the buttons on the fob. The only way to lock/unlock doors is to slide the physical key out and insert it into the keyhole on the driver door. The trunk however will open if the fob is near it and I press the button on the actual trunk...
  7. D

Hi Ceric, thanks for responding, but no, the other fob is not in the car, it's on my husband's key ring.
  8. D

Hi all. I am new to the forum. I searched for smart key problems but couldn't find a thread that specifically addressed this problem. I have a 2010 Mazda 6s Grand Touring. The smart key (push button start, not switch blade fob) does not lock/unlock doors or open trunk. When I press the button on...
Back