Search results

1. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

Crewed for SCL Racing this year at SOFR. It was a night event this year so we were up all night, waiting for the car to come into service. I was a great experience keeping the car in tip top shape to complete the rally. SCI took 3rd place in their class on a fresh rebulid.
  2. 20200718_153857.jpg

20200718_153857.jpg

3. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

Finally got out to race this year won the first two events of the DC series and 1st in susq rallycross
  4. 20200711_161907.jpg

20200711_161907.jpg

5. V

For Sale H&R Springs MP5 $100 shipped

I'm interested in taking the Springs off your hands if they’re still available.
  6. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

i haven't updated in a bit so... new instagram handle is Rallytege https://www.instagram.com/rallytege/ so i finish off this year with 1st place in PF Class in my home scca region (Susquehanna) and 2nd in DC region can't wait for next year. working on a LSD for for the f-series trans plus a...
  7. V

[DEFUNCT] The College-Budget P5

Now that you are racing have you sign up for mazdamotorsport?
  8. V

Don't get discouraged about our cars power. There will always be faster and better cars out there. Are protege handle very well for being ecoboxes. I got to drive a Celica GTS rallycross in the snow and ice and it was awesome 6-speed manual limited slip and the suspension of that is just set up...
  9. V

Awesome build a lot of good info. It's amazing what a little seat time in a race can teach you for car control in a hairy situation. With my Rallycross Protege I have rear stiffer Springs and the rear strut bar and my car overseers more than under understeers on the dirt. But there has been...
  10. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

The 1.6 shares the same MAF that Toyota uses of the Celica and with some cold air setups the OEM doesn't meter the air correctly but the Celica MAF just smooth everything out
  11. V

Codes + Badly stumbling engine

Frist Check your spark plug wire boots. Any cracking will cause a misfire. A misfire of this nature can mess with the radio. P0421 would happen because your dumping fuel into the cat.
  12. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

Only real weight reduction you can do in prepared is changing of the front seats, same wheel, battery, and lightweight flywheel
  13. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

AC does work there is a leak somewhere. I recharge it periodically but it's not a huge priority for me to try to fix it right now. I'm in prepared front-wheel-drive class in the prepared class they do not allow you to pull for the AC components but it is talk about changing that rule for 2019
  14. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

To keep things a bit cooler in the cabin, I added a rally roof scoop. This also adds positive pressure inside the car to keep the dust down. I centered things up and held my breath as i cut into my roof
  15. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

My dad been taking me to summit point race track in West Virginia since i was a litttle guy. We got to race there, well the field next to the track. after only few laps in the rain some dryer events pics some of my normal competition, always good to chat with everyone between runs
  16. V

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Looks good (2thumbs)
  17. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

So this season started with lots of mud thing's are drying out, I'm going to do an oil cooler setup soon. I'll share that a some racing photos once photo bucket decides to work right for me
  18. V

Rallycross BJ Protege

Got a race this weekend, had to replace rear motor mount what a pta
  19. V

Unknown sensor

Does anyone know what the part is I circle in red. It might have broken off, trying to figure if I need replace it before my race this weekend
  20. V

Protege gambler 500 build

These are tough little cars. It should work well for you. Check out my rallycross protg page might give you so ideas. Rally tires aren't cheap, I say get a set of snow tires and call it a day
Back