Search results

1. M

2017~2024 Possible rodent or mice under the hood....

I hate rodents; nothing but trouble. At our previous house we used to keep the dogfood for the boys in the garage. Went to get the oil changed on our 350z one day at one of those Jiffy-Lube type places. The guy goes to check the air filter while they're draining the oil and starts laughing...
  2. M

Dodge Durango R/T

They were able to repair the panel. Not quite sure how they got the dent out of the bend by the bumper, but she looks good as new.
  3. M

Dodge Durango R/T

Got our CX-5 back yesterday. The shop did a really good job; looks good as new. As much fun as the Durango was, it sat in our driveway since last Thursday. It was a nightmare to drive in bad road conditions. Rental companies really should be forced to put snow tires on their vehicles. This...
  4. M

Dodge Durango R/T

We rented a Journey when the CVT on our Rogue s*** the bed, until we got the CX-5. Hated it (the Journey).
  5. M

Dodge Durango R/T

I've had to fill it up twice since Tuesday. Draw your conclusions...
  6. M

Dodge Durango R/T

So our poor CX-5 is in the shop getting repaired yet again because some lady in her Yukon just couldn't wait. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/impatience.123870174/ Anyhow, we dropped our CX-5 off at the Mazda collision shop this past Tuesday. Signed the paperwork and they...
  7. M

Impatience

Can't say I disagree with you. There's something inherent in wanting the other person to be penalized, especially for something so stupid as not being able to wait. We call it "No-Fault" but that's a bit of misnomer. From the insurance company's point of view, someone is always at fault even...
  8. M

Impatience

Insurance doesn't work that way up here in Ontario, Canada. We have a "no-fault" insurance system, meaning my own insurance company pays for the damages. And as far as I know there is no money for loss of value, short of personally suing the other driver. I went thru this with my S4 when some...
  9. M

Impatience

Snow tires on steel rims. Cheap, and unlike alloys they don't tend to get snow/ice build-up which cause vibration on the highway.
  10. M

Impatience

Totally agree. We were stopped at a light, several cars back from the intersection, just at the beginning of the left turn lane. The car behind us was stopped as well, then she decided to "squeeze" past with her behemoth. I noticed the motion in my driver's side rearview mirror, saw her start...
  11. M

Impatience

What happens when the lady behind you just can't wait another 30 seconds for the light to change and has the overwhelming urge to squeeze her Yukon Denali XL between the median and your car to get into the left turning lane. The shop we got the CX-5 fixed at 4 MONTHS AGO (when some lady...
  12. mazda.jpg

mazda.jpg

13. M

"My husband suffers from S.D.S."

I am perhaps misunderstanding you. If you're saying a bad driver is simply a bad driver regardless of what they're driving, then yes, I agree. And yes, a vigilant driver would avoid the collision. I'm saying backing up an F-150 is a different proposition then backing up a Nissan Versa, and...
  14. M

Do not wash

This hurts my brain.
  15. M

Not my neighbour, just some lady with an inability to multitask parenting and driving. But yes, I agree, driver inattentiveness. I'm going to disagree that the vehicle doesn't matter; backing out a crew cab F-150 in a parking lot designed for cars is not the same thing as backing out a...
  16. M

That's the only reasonable conclusion I can come to as to why people who live in the suburbs feel the need to drive around in an 18 ft long pick-up truck that barely fits in their driveway without blocking the sidewalk. They have to park it in the driveway because their vehicle of phallic...
  17. M

Do not wash

They managed to buff it out to the point that it's not really visible anymore. but they were a bit rude about it. They brought my wife out twice to see the car and both times she told them "I can still see the scratch". 3rd time they just gave her the keys and said "Your car is ready" and...
  18. M

Do not wash

Sigh. Our first experience with dealerships washing cars after a service was with our first Audi, an Estoril Blue B8.5 S4. Here I was thinking premium car/premium dealership = premium carwash. Nope, just some kid with a dirty sponge/brush who couldn't care less that left swirl marks all over...
  19. M

Heated seat temp variation?

I find the heated seats in our '17 lacking. We have them on high all the time in the winter (literally on full blast for the 45 minute commute into work) and I find myself glancing down to make sure they're on. I'd describe them as mildly warm at best. I'm not sure what the other two setting...
  20. M

What Other Cars Do You Have Beside Your CX-5?

I know I played this game already, but I only recently figured out this tinypic thing.
Back