Search results

1. T

Garage or a locksmith? Ignition lock cylinder jammed

I recently got into 3D printing and I printed a key for my 2015 Mazda 5 sport. The door worked with the printed key so I proceeded to test it on the ignition lock (I also learned that there is no lock on the front passenger door neither the rear hatch which is new to me). The key worked to...
  2. T

Transmission pan rot?

I went to a garage for auto transmission fluid flush for my 2015 Mazda 5 the other day and they said that the pan has rotted so they don't feel comfortable to flush the fluid when it will likely start to leak soon after they put the pan back on. The car has been in MA with it's first owner and...
  3. T

Mounting TCM to brake lines to avoid overheating?

2015 Mazda5 with nearly 75k miles on it. I am planning to do transmission fluid change soon. From reading up the posts and watching the videos on YouTube, I learned that one more common issue with pre skyactiv Mazda 3 and 5 is the TCM module being cooked from overheating because it is mounted...
  4. T

Any cheap and reliable hatch bike rack for 2015 Mazda5?

I have a 15+ year old bike rack in the shed I used to use on my accord for carrying bikes. I am thinking to take it out, clean it, and see if I can use it on my mazda 5. I am not sure if it will fit with minivan hatch or if all the parts are still around. I tried putting the bike in the Mazda 5...
  5. T

Off Topic Good deals are still around...

Before Christmas I bought an unlocked, refurbished smartphone for $109 + $11 (sim activation, required for the rebate). Got $100 rebate. Then after New Year I sold it as used for $130 online. Minus $6 shipping and $4 fees net profit was $100 (well less than that if you count the research time...
  6. T

Fuse tap not fitting the fuse box

2012-2017 Mazda 5 uses low-profile mini fuses (seen at the lower-left corner of the following photo from wikipedia). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_(automotive)#/media/File:Electrical_fuses,_blade_type.svg I am using a fuse tap to send power to the two USB dashcams via a step-down...
  7. T

Need 2015 Mazda5 Sport stock stereo head unit wiring diagram

I recently purchased the car (2015 Mazda 5 Sport) used and would like to add a screen, the rear view camera, and GPS by replacing its stock head unit with an android one. I assume the pinout are the same for 2012-2015 sport trims but maybe not. If anyone can share a wiring diagram including...
  8. T

cold idle lasts for a long time, currently has DTC P2178 (too rich off idle)

Hello, My 2010 Mazda 5 Sport has the following symptoms in a northeast of the US area where the temperature right now is about 0-30F. The P2178 (too rich off idle) code showed up two weeks ago. The oxygen sensor has been replaced with the Mazda stock part by the garage. They could not find the...
Back