Search results

1. A

2017 CX-5 parking brake switch not working

Thanks for the link!
  2. A

Anyone know if just the circuit board is available?
  3. A

Well looks like I found the damage...
  4. 1470B567-F79F-429C-A0B6-904E3C7D67D2.jpeg

1470B567-F79F-429C-A0B6-904E3C7D67D2.jpeg

5. A

My parking brake switch got wet - sunroof left open. All was fine, but today it stopped working most of the time, and the EPB malfunction light is on (Mine is yellow and in the tach) and when brake switch works I hear brake engage. I am assuming the switch is water damaged and this is not...
  6. A

Maps

I have not updated yet, but I doubt any change to UI. Maps are map files, and I have never seen a change before. I have not launched Nav before pulling the card, and i never cared what screen i was on. Just walk into garage, pull SD card (car is off), update maps, pop back in card, start car...
  7. A

Diesel Towing

I recently towed the tandem axle u-haul trailer (6 x 12) about 350 miles - general elevation increase the entire way. It has an empty weight of about 2000# and I had at least 1000# in it. My 2017 CX-5 did fine, but I wouldn't do it every day.
  8. A

2018 CX5 Dealer Hitch install - are they wrong?

Not to doubt you, but where is an OEM 2" receiver listed (at least for 17, 18) and where does it say harness is included? I only find the class 1 and harness listed separately.
  9. A

2017~2024 How does our new CX-5 send mileage info to MyMazda.com

Yes, just a guess on Mazda part - CX-5 is off by 1200 and Miata is off by 2k - both have not been to a dealer in a long time.
  10. A

SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

It is hidden, but not really gone I think.
  11. A

SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

If you get a chance, can you check to see if this has been updated for North America (warped seat)? The Russia part applies to some KE cars, but the only other mention is EU. Although it does say worldwide at the top. Thanks!
  12. A

Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2" Item # C13315 FITMENT

Either it is installed wrong, or the receiver tube is welded on at an angle. Pictures would help. I have the Drawtite and it works fine. No one else has mentioned problems with the Curt.
  13. A

2013~2016 CX-5 - Melting Taillight Lens

I vote for incorrect bulb or light stuck on. I find it doubtful that someone would vandalize one tail light, or that a chemical would affect the tail light lens without discoloring it or damaging the paint.
  14. A

SD card for navi

Lots of old posts on the Mazda3 forums about the cards and efforts to copy them. From what I could tell after doing lots of reading the cards have a certain CID - think manufacturer ID. The system looks for this initially on new cards. There are machines that can overwrite the CID - but it...
  15. A

SD card for navi

Yes. Answered in other thread you asked in. Vin lock after about 60 miles. Mazda toolbox app will show the VIN associated.
  16. A

Mazda CX-5 Urgent Problem

+1 on dealer. you have a $30K product with a warranty. If the problem is urgent, the first stop should be the dealer, not a forum.
  17. A

2019 CX-5 GTR - Navigation System/App evaporated

Yes they VIN lock after some number of miles The mazda toolbox app for updating the card will tell you if it is vin locked.
  18. A

2019 Floor Mats?

This is a european style of hitch and is common on german cars. If I had found this site before, I might have gone with one of these as it is a much cleaner look. But to see how it works check out this page: https://etowbars.com/us/Towbars/Mazda/CX-5/Mazda-CX-5-Invisible-Towbar-2017 PDF...
  19. A

USB, Aux options greyed out, pulled fuses...

Your used 2018 should have some kind of warranty still. Even if mileage is up, if you discovered this immediately after purchase, the dealer should take a look as they likely sold it with everything thought to be in working order.
  20. A

Few AA/Mazda Nav Questions

I haven't tried this, but in other forums a splitter is recommended that allows you to add a higher power, power source. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NIGO4NM/?tag=m20b7-20 mixed reviews, but some say it works great. Likely there are others too.
Back