Search results

1. T

2021 CX-9 Signature: Why no wireless Apple CarPlay?

I was able to use CarlinKit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Dongle Adapter linked below to get wireless car play working on my 2018 CX-9. Out of the box it does have random disconnects but after applying all the updates to it including latest one that specifically mentions address Mazda system disconnects...
  2. T

Firmware version

Warranty will cover update if it's to fix an issue with software. Just say it's slow/buggy, etc and warranty will cover it.
  3. T

Heat only getting really warm when car is moving (2016 CX-9)

Wow, we both have 2006 Civic and 2018 CX-9 machine grey. I compared both of mines as well and once car worms up enough HVAC perform similar. The issue I have with the CX-9 is untill it gets driven at speed for few minutes, the air coming from vents is cold and not full speed. Once the temp gauge...
  4. T

I verified it's the engine that takes long to worm up. Takes at least 10 min of driving at speed before HVAC produces sufficient heat.
  5. T

My 2018 Cx-9 is doing same. I worm it up in the morning for 20 min but heat won't kick in till I drove it for at least 10-15 min. Also driving in stop and go traffic does not seem to work, only continuous driving triggers temps to rise and then heat kicks in.
  6. T

2018 CX-9 steeting wheel leather cracks

Took it to the dealer I got the car from and service manager says normal wear and refused to send pictures to Mazda Canada for warranty coverage. Took it to another dealer and they agreed not normal and ordered a replacement.
  7. T

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

According to google Android auto does support the function but it's upto Mazda to support using Google APIs for Android auto.
  8. T

2018 CX-9 steeting wheel leather cracks

Anyone else with a 2018 CX-9 have issue with steering wheel leather cracking? My car is just over a year old and this winter several spots on the steering wheel have crack spots on it even though my steering wheel has been treated with leather conditioner. Took it to the dealer and now waiting...
  9. T

+1, hope its true but I drought they would change their mind and risk upsetting all those that already paid for it. Even a discounted install offer for 2018 would have been a good olive branch for recent buyers.
  10. T

Thanks for the info, that is disappointing and would have been a great function to have.
  11. T

For those that have android auto/car play installed, when using NAV application like Waze, does it display the direction on the HUD?
  12. T

Looks like Mazda Canada has made it now available for all vehicles that support it with same cost across the board. Apple Carplay and Android Auto** Part #: 0000-8F-Z34 Requires Installation: Yes Category: Technology Description: Your Mazda was crafted to bring out your love of driving...
  13. T

2018 CX-9 Wouldn't Start

The exact same nav screen issue I had a couple of times randomly.
  14. T

New 2018 CX-9 Touring owner with questions

1) you just need the SD card to add NAV 2) only possible if you flash hacked firmware using serial connection which requires disassembly of touch screen 3) I believe they install additional hardware to support this
  15. T

Took my 2018 CX-9 for service today and they had installed the updated Mazda connect version 70 firmware to fix some issues. But without corresponding usb hub no android auto/car play options. Mazda Canada still has no availability info other than by end of year. Hopefully since I already have...
  16. T

Canadian pricing and availability announced, sucks CX-9 not included in promo price. https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/apple-carplay-android-auto/
  17. T

More details on Canadian pricing and availability. It sucks that we don't get it with the Mazda CX-6 at the discounted price. https://www.autotrader.ca/newsfeatures/20180913/auto-tech-mazda-catches-up-on-infotainment/
  18. T

2018 CX-9 Random touch screen not displaying issue

Mine is already on 59.00.546.
  19. T

2018 CX-9 Random touch screen not displaying issue

My 2018 CX-9 GT randomly seems to have touch screen not displaying anything. In the 10 months that I had the car, so far has happened twice. When I started the car after it was parked for 30min, the touch screen was completely blank. I can hear click sound when I tried to move menu options using...
  20. T

2016 CX-9 Wiper Blade Connector

I had a hard time finding compatable wiper set locally or online in Canada. Stumbled on to the NAPA ones and got them installed today. They seem to work pretty good.
Back