Search results

1. DrFeelGood

Need help with front sway bar bushing (2015 Mazda6)

Loosening the front sub-frame mounts and dropping the rear mounts will probably give you enough room to lower the rear of the subframe and undo the sway bar brackets and slide the bar out the end. Mazda 6 Service Manual: Front crossmember removal/installation Mazda 6...
  2. DrFeelGood

2006 Mazda6 Diesel cranks but won’t start

Loosing power while in motion is never good...Exciting but not good. Glad you figured it out.
  3. DrFeelGood

2007 Mazda6 (1.8) 5speed Manual - High revs? 6speed swap?

The 6speed does not really change your final drive ratio much at all in this car unfortunately. It mostly just adds another gear to shorten your intervals between 1-5. 3000RPM @ 100kph is fairly annoying but I believe Mazdas purpose was to prevent smaller displacement engines from lugging. You...
  4. DrFeelGood

What have you done to your Mazda6 today?

I replaced the aftermarket JDM corner tail lens with a new old stock I ordered from a dealer in Latvia. It was collecting water and turning into a fish tank. That Latvian dealer sent me what has to be the best packed package I have ever received!
  5. DrFeelGood

22" wheels on Mazda6, yay or nay?

Looks good...Maybe a set of curb feelers in your future though?
  6. DrFeelGood

2002-2007 Mazda6 Wiring Diagram Book

Thanks for the link. Keep in mind this is for Japanese Market (VIN = JMZ-) and there are variations between USDM models (esp. 2003-2005).
  7. DrFeelGood

Paint Chipping - touch up pen?

I have used the touch-up pen with excellent results. I use A2N "Performance White" and the pen allows you to squeeze the container in order to add a larger bleb or even to be used with the tip pointed up. Get it.
  8. DrFeelGood

Mazda6s Body Repair Help

The hoods from 2003-2008 will all fit. Those hoods include 4cyl, 6cyl and turbo.
  9. DrFeelGood

Full Test Fit of MV Tuning Bodykit for 3rd Gen Mazda6!

Looks good over here as well.
  10. DrFeelGood

Upgrading my 2019 Grand Touring with Active Driving Display

Can't wait to see if it works.
  11. DrFeelGood

05 Mazda6 GT wagon

Where here from time to time. I think I responded on the other forum.
  12. DrFeelGood

New battery at 4 yrs 41k miles???

The battery in my 2004 only lasts about 2yrs. The temperature under the hood of that thing is impressive.
  13. DrFeelGood

Mazda Still Using Ford Brakes?

Just have them machined "turned". They are $15 ea and you should be able to do it 2 or 3 times at least.
  14. DrFeelGood

Wheel bearing

The control arms generally last 100,000mi but can be had for pretty cheap and are not hard to replace. Catalytic failure is present in the 03-07 v6 cars due to a misfire of the COP. When left uncorrected it destroys the precat and this can be sucked back into the engine causing massive oil...
  15. DrFeelGood

Spark Knock (2016 66.000mi)

I would run a tank of premium grade. Perhaps cycling the ECU (disconnect battery for 1 min) and allowing the car to relearn with the higher grade fuel. DO you drive mostly city (stop and go)?
  16. DrFeelGood

How long do you think a 6 will last without significant repairs?

This all depends on how you drive and maintain it. Adult driven (aka. reasonably) and conducting all maintenance regularly I would think well past 200,000mi
  17. DrFeelGood

Need help, motor swap

Bummer. Pull the clutch out of yours and take it down to the parts store and compare it to both. Or buy both online and return the one you don't use. Good luck.
  18. DrFeelGood

2003 Mazda 6 S struts upgrade

The Pro Kit was designed for stock shocks. A KYB GR2 would be a sufficient replacement. If you wanted adjustability or longer life with added control the Koni sport or Bilstein B6 are frequently used. I have Racing Beat springs and older KYB GR2's and they perform reasonably well. My next pair...
  19. DrFeelGood

Which Mazadaspeed6 suspension parts will fit my 2006 Mazda 6 wagon?

good question. I am not sure about a GS wagon (never heard of that designation) but I can speak to my 2004 GY wagon. The interior will fit and quite nicely but there is some wiring you may have to figure out with the auto down and vent window controls. My 2004 does not have these options (Hall...
Back