Search results

1. alekii_405

What have you hauled with your CX-9?

As a fellow hobbyist woodworker, stockpiling on neighborhood free lumber can get hugely addictive, but it is always a solid thing. Looks like a good haul, hardwood perhaps?
  2. 20230602_172257.jpg

20230602_172257.jpg

3. alekii_405

Infotainment Screen cracking (spider cracks)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my issue has come back. Quick refresher, I opened this thread almost 3 yrs ago when my original screen started cracking. I got it replaced for free out of warranty. The new issue is with the replacement screen. However, Mazda issued a warranty extension...
  4. alekii_405

Latest CX-90 teaser (12/13/2022)

I'll take a stab at this. I don't think the complaints are on the medium or process that Mazda has used to release it, but the overall lack of detail. They teased the heck out of it last year, which is OK, then made promo vids- also OK, but then shipped the car for review at some clandestine...
  5. alekii_405

Overall kinda "meh" release process. Performance numbers seem just a tad lower than I'd hoped. Not a huge fan of the rear hatch either. The biggest issue for me is the all electric range, currently projected by some to be 21 mi...if so, that seems low. At the original 37mi estimate, it would've...
  6. alekii_405

@sm1ke and @PhillyMike I hope they get to this and make a PCA for it across the board, it's crappy how Mazda has dragged their feet on the 2018s when it's clear the issue is widespread. I am not sure if it's been posted but I also came across this digitizer replacement tutorial that might be of...
  7. alekii_405

Wasn't expecting this to blow up but happy to see it's helped folks. For those being charged deductibles, at the very least I'd request future firmware and / maps updates to be included as a goodwill gesture. I've also had good luck using prior service history with the dealer as a basis for...
  8. alekii_405

New CX-90 Video Update (12/26)

HP numbers seem close to what I thought @ ~375+ based on the competition's figures. IMO, Mazda is probably limiting the variants for their powertrains to avoid proliferation and by extension limit R&D, Warranty, overhead and certification cost...etc. but still meet mass market sweet spot.
  9. alekii_405

Since the CX-90 PHEV shares the same architecture at as the 60, I think it'll likely have a refined version of our turbo 2.5s, whereas the CX-60 PHEV can get by with a N/A. It was clear from talking to Mazda a few years ago that the CX-9 engine rating was perceived as having low power for the N...
  10. alekii_405

I'd wager it'd somewhere around ~350hp +/-20 depending on the motor rating. I was really hoping they'd announce this thing earlier than Jan. I was really looking to get into a PHEV, but while I prefer Mazda, the Jeep GC 4xe makes a compelling offer. Wonder what pricing looks like for it and...
  11. alekii_405

2016~2023 Consumer Reports - 2020 CX-9

@youri @Silly Wabbit the fuel system procedure they describe seems a little more involved than just adding a bottle of Techron. It sounds like they hook up the vehicle to some system that runs cleaner through it and purges deposit. Perhaps a more mechanized Seafoam? 🤷‍♂️ I was definitely...
  12. alekii_405

2016~2023 Consumer Reports - 2020 CX-9

My dealer multipoint inspection showed a clean bill of health at ~56k. Still on original brakes. They recommended a brake fluid flush and a fuel system cleaner (anyone done this and care to provide feedback?) The service manager seemed surprised about the coolant issue and said he hadn't...
  13. alekii_405

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

There just doesn't seem to be a good definition of the coolant consumption spec, unlike what you see with oil. However, given my mileage and proximity to powertrain warranty running out, I decided to make an appointment with the dealer later this week. Though I've been doing my own maintenance...
  14. alekii_405

Poll 2.5T Coolant Leak/Engine Replacement

Just crossed over 55k on my 2017, so probably close to where I'd see issues. Coolant level is 1/2" below "low". Hoping it's normal consumption, but I'll top off and assess closely. Cracked heads are not unusual for first gen programs running higher compression/ PCPs. I wish there were more...
  15. alekii_405

And so it ends

All good choices, I have thought a lot about my replacement and I keep going back to CX-9s Lots of good comments on here about asking for diminished loss and what not. With today's unibody vehicles, the whole vehicle structure plays a role in abating the energy in a crash, so it's not even just...
  16. alekii_405

2nd Gen CX-9 High mileage club, how's it holding up?

Interesting. I imagine they use a finer atomization/ pre-charge the panels to make the paint stick better and achieve more even coverage with less. Either way, it was ridiculous how easy to scratch it is. I have some orange peeling on my stock paint as well. Vinyl is a good idea for the hood...
  17. alekii_405

2nd Gen CX-9 High mileage club, how's it holding up?

You are correct....I thought it was a conjecture, but the paint on the car is hot garbage. Mine's the standard Mica and I had to redo a few panels due to some deep scratches, decided to repainting half the car and noticed that the thickness they put down is considerably less than a standard...
  18. alekii_405

No, they use an improved version of the current screen. I asked them about this when I had mine done
  19. alekii_405

It was from a recall mailer
  20. 20200616_103945.jpg

20200616_103945.jpg

Back