Search results

1. R

2017 CX5 Touring +pkg..Is there a sleep mode to save battery life?

Give a quick overview of vehicle status and then problem. As stated 2017, I am a commercial driver so when I go to work I am gone and the car is parked for several days at a time. Last night and a few other times I get back from my trip and have to unload the work vehicle of my luggage and gear...
  2. R

It seems like all the other CUVz out there (Honda, Nissan, Toyota) are putting out...

featuring a color scheme/wheel combination that looks like my car. Machine gray with black wheels. Well, my uniqueness lasted about a year I guess. Full speed ahead to black out my roof!
  3. R

Are emblems removable? 2017 CX-5

Are the emblems removable? I want to paint them black. The sky active and the CX5 ones, not the M.
  4. R

Pirelli Scorpian all season tires

I bought them on a Labor Day sale this fall from Discount Tire Direct for about $160 ea with about $100 in rebates or so and today is the first day of driving them with appreciable snow and ice on the roads here in W PA. It is cold, mid teens so that alone gives the tires more grip (melting...
  5. R

New tires..New wheels..pics!

Okay, been kinda busy all summer, got new tires last week and got everything together. Tires are Pirelli Scorpian All Terrain. So far I like, ride nice, nothing unusual about them. They have the 3 snowflake designation, what ever weight that carries. Will give a shot with pics from phone.
  6. R

CSBS.....failed @ 7200 miles

At least the module that controls the system did. Symptom was an amber dash light of a car with a forward arrow and a cloud of something. Went into the settings and found a malfucktion message, take to dealer immediately. So I sat for 2.5 hour while they replaced it under warranty. Anyone else...
  7. R

Tires: Saw these on that Range rover commercial...Pirelli

That commercial, where the Range Rover climbs 999 steps and then bottoms out on the top step as the guy gives the fist pump...I was paying attention to detail, thought the black wheels with the red vehicle looks hot, and the closer I looked at the tires, they have some kind of tread on the...
  8. R

Excited, new wheels on the way from tirerack

Just ordered a set of MSW type 48 for my machine gray 2017. In case anyone else likes those and are looking for a shmokin deal, they are on clearance for $109 each!
  9. R

Anyone know the weight of the stock 17" wheels on a 2017?

In the market for new wheels and have it narrowed down to 2 choices. Both are Enkie one is PDR. The other type 48. The 48s are 24lb per. PDR are about 21 I think. Dont want to add a lot of unsprung weight to the corners.
  10. R

Seems like every sporty new cub commercial I see

Seems like every sporty new car commercial I see They have black rims. And I think they look great. Most recent was a Land Rover commercial, climbing stairs. Vehicle is red in color, looks HOT. Also see the Dodge lineup with black wheels. I gotta do it.
  11. R

What is with the pop up ads

All of the sudden, they show up on the tablet screen in the lower right corner. They are ruining the viewer experience. I added a second ad blocker, but I think it may be browser specific. What works effectively to block this stuff on this sight?
  12. R

Is there a light available for this?

I was out working today and was following I think a Volvo CUV type vehicle. Integrated into the rear bumper were 2 brighter red lights that were not brake lights, I suspect they are the so called European rear fog lights, a bright marker light. Is there anyone have a source for the CX5 that is...
  13. R

Roof rack cross bars, do you have to have....?

the side rails in order for you to use cross bars? I was looking at cross bars on Carid.com the other day, and there seems to be some universal fit bars that are not adjustable front to rear, which I think is what the installation of the side bars get you. I could be COMPLETELY wrong here, but I...
  14. R

So did anyone, besides me, drive in Erie today

I was up there at 7:30 this morning. The snow levels were quite impressive. It was up to my crotch in a location that had already been plowed. Supposed to have been around 65"
  15. R

Favorite tire dressing for those who like dressing.

I'm currently trying some Meguires Hotshine tire coating is what it is called. Less than impressed so far. Use Black Magic bleach white tire cleaner on dry tires, wait until they dry and then apply the coating. Have a gel from Black Magic called tire wet or something like that sitting around...
  16. R

Learned something new about my car today

I have the PEP package with LED lights. I did not know that the lights i have are the ones that turn with the steering imput. My mechanic was trying to adjust my fogs today, had the front of the car raised a little and the lights were leveling and throwing off our adjustments. He was down there...
  17. R

Ohio football fans take note!

Since this is the lounge, I'm guessing anything within reason goes, and since your NFL teams stink, take heart! Tomorrow night your Mt Union Uni Purple Raiders are playing for their 13th National D3 Championship. I am transporting the team this week in VA, game is tomorrow night! They are a high...
  18. R

Followup question to those of you with factory fog lights 2017 model year

So I ordered,received and installed my fog light kit with auto on stalk. I put the laminex yellow lense light filter on the lense of the light. It gives it a distinct yellow/green color of light. My question is about the aiming of the beam pattern, post install on a 2017 CX5 Touring that does...
  19. R

I think I'm done buying "stuff"

I bought the Husky floor matts, interior led lights, stock fog light kit, and the stock mazda trunk matt. That trunk matt is really nice rubber, a little sticky so stuff does not slide around. The only thing left that I am considering doing is replace the stock wheels with some Enkie PDC model...
  20. R

Just ordered an interior light kit

I went with the Precision LED kit, watched the video, checked over the website. The kit is vehicle specific, I had looked at Amazon for the Phillips individual bulbs, but in this case, I'll be dealing with someone whose business is supplying bulbs and not a free for all market. Should I...
Back