Search results

1. S

MP3's take forever to load

This will be a deal breaker should I ever consider buying another Mazda again. Does anyone experience random delays for their storage device to be accessible where the mp3's are stored? I use a 256gb SSD drive, formatted to FAT32. Sometimes all my albums are available almost immediately, other...
  2. S

Anyone have side steps on 2017+?

Hey folks, I'm thinking of getting side steps or running boards for my 2017GT. Has anyone bought any of those commonly advertised on ebay? If so, what are your thoughts. Any pics? Thanks in advance!
  3. S

2017~2024 Cargo cover (Tonneau cover) review

For anyone looking for a non OEM cargo cover, I just got this one. It's the closest you'll get to the OEM without paying the OEM price. I'm happy with it. The difference between this one and the others is that much like the OEM one, this has the flaps in the front to hide the space between the...
  4. S

2017~2024 Rear hatch opening by itself?

This is very concerning. I drive a 2017 (GT w/Tech) while my brother drives a 2018 (GT w/Tech as well). One time he complained that when he went down to his driveway in the morning, he was surprised to find the rear hatch open. I dismissed him and didn't think much of it. A few months later he...
  5. S

2017~2024 Aftermarket TPMS Sensors available

Hey guys, not sure if this has been posted before but for those with custom rims or anyone looking for a second set of TPMS sensors, I'm posting a link to TireRack where you can get them for a very good price @$44.00 each. I can confirm they work with a 2017 CX5 because I put them on my 20"...
  6. S

CX5 Turbo confirmed!

So I just got a text message from my Mazda salesman whom I asked a few months ago to let me know if the Turbo is coming. I always felt that the car would require more power and was never quite satisfied with the 187 ponies it comes with. I just received a message that the 2019 will indeed offer...
  7. S

2017~2024 Possible lemon?

So almost exactly a year ago I bought my 2017GT. 3 months later, my brother was one of the first people to pick up a 2018. Essentially they are identical vehicles...at least from a visual point. Driving the 2 cars is a night and day experience. Mine seems utterly lazy and sluggish. None of...
  8. S

2017~2024 Custom wheel as spare?

Hey folks! So I'm running custom rims on my 2017GT (plenty of pics posted in the past) and I'm wondering if anyone with a similar setup knows if I can include a 5th said custom rim as my spare. These are 20x8.5 size rims, but the tire height is 45 as opposed to the OEM 55 which makes the overall...
  9. S

Car learns your driving habits?

So a while back, I read, or at least I thought I read that the car can learn your driving habits and can adjust it's shift points according to how you drive. At the time I thought it sounded silly but now I think that it may actually be true. Mine is a 2017 CX5 GT and my brothers is a 2018 CX5...
  10. S

Confused with mp3 playback

Can someone please explain to me how MP3 playback works on this thing? I have about 18K songs on a 256gb SSD HD. Having painstakingly organized all my mp3's and their respective id3 tags as well as album art, I come to find out that Mazda uses crappy "grace note" software to identify and name...
  11. S

Why GraceNote??

Can someone please explain to me why Mazda (and other car companies) use Gracenote for music ID on their infotainment systems? As I understand it, (and I may be wrong here), album art and titles are pulled from the Gracenote DB. This can be an issues if you listen to some weird stuff that does...
  12. S

Window switches on 2018

I have a 2017 GT and my brother just picked up a 2018. One thing that I wish I had is illuminated 2-stage power window switches which I don't have. Wouldn't they be interchangeable? I mean, the only thing different would be the switch itself right? Plug would be the same or am I mistaken? I'm...
  13. S

2017~2024 Windshield defogger automatically on FULL

Is there a way to control/disable the front windshield defogger to automatically blow at almost full strength when switched on? What kind of a dumb idea is it to set this thing to blow at almost full strength? Every single time I select front windshield defog while most of the time I have a bit...
  14. S

2017~2024 MP3 list load times

Hi folks, Does anyone know if there is a specific issue that was ever identified for the slow loading of MP3's on these cars? I have a 2017 CX5, but I know this also happens on earlier models. Sometimes my MP3's are available for me within a minute or two, sometimes it can take up to 20min!! By...
  15. S

Power liftgate question

Hey folks, this is driving me utterly insane so hopefully someone can answer. I park my CX-5, turn off the ignition, The keys are still in one of the cup holders. Immediately I press the power liftgate button next to the steering wheel (doors closed or open) and I get 2 beeps with the liftgate...
  16. S

OEM TPMS sensors on aftermarket wheels?

2 part question really... Does anyone know if the OEM TPMS sensors be used in aftermarket wheels? My local Mazda dealer tells me there may be "fitment" issues. Not quite sure if this is true or if they just don't want to deal with this. Secondly, IF OEM sensors can be used in aftermarket...
  17. S

Any experience with Ebay side steps?

Hey Folks, I'm trying to find some side steps/running boards for my '17 GT. I could go with Romik or similar brands but truth be told, none of their designs really speak to me. I have found the following model on ebay that really caught my attention but I do have some reservations getting parts...
  18. S

2017 CX-5 GT/Tech - Not downloading text messages

Hello all, I've tried searching for this issue here in the forum but most posts are for earlier models and I haven't found anything that pertains to the 2017. Basically, suddenly I cannot download/preview text messages. It worked once and then I wanted to try show it to my brother and of...
  19. S

OEM 19" weight??

Hello folks, My new rims and tires arrived today....well, one did because FedEx dropped the ball but that's another story. Rest are coming tomorrow. I've purchased 20" rims wrapped with 255/45/20 tires. This thing is pretty heavy and it worries me a little. The tires came pre-mounted on the...
  20. S

Changing wheel/tyre size affecs i-Activesense

Hello everyone, So I'm thinking of putting 20" rims on my 2017 GT and going down to 45 size tyre. This was the overall wheel diameter stays the same as 19" with a 55 size tyre and doesn't affect my speedo. Looking at the owners manual, in section 4-136 I see the following: Heed the following...
Back