Search results

1. R

Replace the inserts, not the entire wipers

As I did some research on replacement wipers for my 2017 CX-5 I ran into a video that shows how to replace only the rubber inserts (refills). Most of the time the entire wiper did not go bad, but rather it is the rubber insert that is no good: HERE is that video.
  2. R

Retrofit auto up/down to ALL windows

I have a 2017 CX-5 GT Premium Pkg. which has auto up/down function on driver's window only. Has anyone done a retrofit with newer OEM switch modules so all four windows are auto up/down? I realize you would have to change not only the master driver's switch, but also the other 3 window switches...
  3. R

Power seat front-back double failure

Today when trying to move the passenger power seat forward it would not… or backward. Every other adjustment works. Same issue with the driver's seat. I checked the fuses for both and they look ok. Besides, there is only ONE fuse for LEFT and one for RIGHT seat, so I concluded that if the fuse...
  4. R

Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

I am. The 2020 CX-5 is still in its 2nd generation design phase, with the same basic components that existed in 2017. Albeit, there are a few new “mid-cycle refresh” features that were not available in 2017 (i.e., power fold mirrors, new key fob, new digital speedometer). However, the 2020 Mazda...
  5. R

Upgrading interior lights to LEDs

Today I installed LED lights in the interior: four dome reading lights, two visor vanity mirror lights and one rear door light. They look GREAT! They also retained the FADE feature of the dome lights. THESE are the dome lights. THESE are the vanity mirror lights.
  6. R

CX-30 Towing Capacity and Hitch

So far, no tow hitch is available for the CX-30. I have asked the dealership parts department, eTrailer, U-Haul, Curt, and DrawTite. I am looking to buy this vehicle to replace my CX-5, but not until a 1.25" hitch is available, because I currently transport a lightweight mobility e-trike on an...
  7. R

CX-30 Features: US vs. Europe vs. Canada

I've noticed that some features on the European CX-30 are not available on the US version. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but things like power-folding outside mirrors, heated steering wheel, Skyactiv-X engine and speed limit button on steering wheel are not available in the US.
  8. R

CarPlay and Android Auto dongles

Has anyone purchased and successfully installed one of those $60 ish USB dongles that claim you can use CarPlay or Android Auto? I've seen them on eBay...
  9. R

2017~2024 LOCKED OUT of my CX-5 GT

I got locked out of my 2017 CX-5 with the key fob INSIDE the car and the engine running. It happened at the local car wash. The key fob was inside, the engine was running, and after closing the tailgate the car wash guy pushed the lock button at the tail gate. BOOM, LOCKED OUT!! My wife came to...
  10. R

2017~2024 Dashboard rattle

My 2017 CX-5 GT has an intermittent dashboard rattle. It's not terribly loud, but it sure is annoying. I have not found a pattern or situation that causes it. It's not even related to the smoothness of the road. I've tried removing everything in the glove box and front storage bin but it didn't...
  11. R

OEM Car Cover for 2017 CX-5

Has anyone looked for, or found, a source for an OEM Mazda car cover for the 2017 CX-5? Maybe it's too early in the model year? I'm not sure the 2016.5 model year cover will fit, since exterior dimensions and outside side mirror placement have changed.
  12. R

2017 CX-5 Towing Options

I recently bought, and will soon install, a Curt class II hitch for my 2017 CX-5, model 12170. What are the trailer wiring options? I know Mazda sells an OEM trailer harness for my CX-5, but I don't know how it connects to the vehicle (is there an existing connector somewhere?). I have seen zero...
Back