Search results

1. M

Is Sport Mode faster?

Yes, the only time I use sports mode is when towing.
  2. M

Extra brake job steps…

I do those things, although not removing all of the grease with brake cleaner, that's a good idea. I replace the brake fluid before any of this, then don't open bleeder while compressing caliper. Its new fluid in there before I start. It takes me a long time, but I only do it once or twice a...
  3. M

Mazda is advertising CX-5 models without Cylinder Deactivation and i-stop

Where's the 10% worse claim. Maybe I'll regret it, but I have a hard time mustering concern over the CD on my 2018. I enjoy watching the real time MPG go into coast mode. It's possible that if I were planning on keeping this car for 20+ years like my Acura, I'd feel a little differently.
  4. M

Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't care what they call it. CX-5, 50, 60, 70 or whatever else.
  5. M

Replaced CX-5 OEM Toyo Tires

Still have mine on my 2018, not driving enough since Covid. Maybe 55K total miles on the car but only on 2/3 of the time with original tires since I also have winter tires.
  6. M

The Never-ending Question...What happens to the CX-5 Next Year (2025)?

I'm waiting for a Plugin Hybrid with about the size and elegance of the 2nd gen CX-5. I was hoping the CX-70 would be close enough, but its way too big. Unfortunately rumor is that the CX-5 will just get a conventional hybrid :(. It would be great if the reason they made the CX-70 just a trim...
  7. M

SOS: Rear passenger brake on, CX-5 stuck

Did you take the actuator off and adjust it? How did it resolve? Sorry you had to go through that, sounds like a big hassle. I have to admit, when I read the title my first thought was, why does the rear passenger have a brake.
  8. M

Reason #1 and #2 why it's better to change your own oil Vs a dealer

that filter isn't anywhere close to having a restriction or bypass.
  9. M

Don't you still need a pan for the oil filter? I have a Fumoto, but don't use jack or ramps, and I drain the oil into a pan.
  10. M

Hardest part is cleanup and disposal. In other words, not hard.
  11. M

CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

I think its something like that, but probably related to capital costs and tooling for another model line with a bunch of unique parts. Here they get to re-use the manufacturing tooling from the CX-90. Perhaps something similar could be achieved if they made it like the CX-60, but that tooling...
  12. M

CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

Seems like Mazda promised a CX-70, but then decided they didn't have the budget or resources or something to actually develop it. So they just rebadged a CX-90 so they didn't have to cancel the model in the lineup. There's no way this is what they had in mind when they originally announced...
  13. M

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

I don't like the scoops on the front of the CX-60, but otherwise that's pretty much the car I want. I'm mostly happy with the size of my CX-5 and definitely don't want something as big as a CX-90. I don't even need bigger than 60. But I really want the plugin hybrid and an added bonus would...
  14. M

At shop and looks like I need rear brakes for the CX-5, recommendations?

The Powerstops are advertised as low dust.
  15. M

Rotors are inexpensive. I would just replace them and not think about it again. I like the Powerstop plain rotors with the Z23 brake pads that don't come in a kit together. You might order these, the rotors I have and they are holding up great. Those come with the cheaper pads. $112...
  16. M

If the independent mechanic says he does, that's probably true. Make sure he knows how to get the rear brakes into service mode if you have the electric e-brake.
  17. M

Is it apples to apples between dealer and mechanic? Are either of them replacing the brake fluid, cleaning and greasing the pins?
  18. M

I wouldn't think of taking my car to the dealer for an oil change. But I did take it in for something else, probably when I got a new replacement OEM tire after I had a road hazard and Discount didn't have the replacement in stock. 2 problems. One, I asked them to put the new tire on a...
  19. M

SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

People are guessing at why maintenance instruction decisions were made. Likely they were by engineering for good reasons. It's possible that external forces like regulations or management override consumer oriented engineering, but I certainly wouldn't assume so. Safest course is to follow...
  20. M

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

I'd love the quoted size, but sounds like its just made up, and listed in the table as "expected".
Back