Search results

1. M

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Can you really get a special stop/start battery for those prices? EFB (enhanced flooded battery) is required for Mazdas with iStop system. They are a fair bit more expensive than standard flooded batteries...
  2. M

Mazdas (2012-2018) recalled for potential issues with diesel engines

C1 or C3 oil in CX5 diesels depends on the MY. Until KF series, C1 or JASO DL1 was the recommended oil. Since KF, C3 is recommended. At least here in Aus that is the fact. If there is such a problem with the Cx5 diesel, then why only stop selling CX5 diesel in a few selected non-developed...
  3. M

There is no specific recall for overheating - more than likely, the head gasket failure that some CX5’s (actually very few here in Aus) experienced may well be associated with the core issues covered by the recall I mentioned earlier, if they are left unattended. Where cars have been dealer...
  4. M

Put a new EFB battery in because I started to get a few “battery maintenance system fault” messages on the dash. Put a new Century (Yaesu) T110 MF stop/start battery in it, all good. Found that it is well worth shopping around. The dealers want nearly $500 for a battery replacement, I paid $260...
  5. M

Had the recall service done on mine a week or so ago. For my Akera 2.2 it was pretty simple, just a replacement fuel return hose and clean the intake shutter valve. And a software update. The dealers mechanic said the work required depends on the VIV number of the car, earlier ones require...
  6. M

Blown head gasket for CX-5 Diesel

There is an active recall on all earlier Mazda CX5 diesels in Australia. Just go to the Mazda Au website and find the recalls page, and put your VIN number in and it will tell you if yours is covered. Or, contact your local Mazda dealer and they will help you. I had the recall done on my Nov...
  7. M

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Unob... In post #254, are you taking about the Continental Premium Contact 6 that I detailed, or do we have crossed wires? I have no idea why you mentioned tyres fitted as OEM in this context. Your later reply (not sure to whom that was addressed) re the Conti Cross contact LX25 in the same...
  8. M

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Looking at new tyres here - we seem to get a different range than available in the US. Cant get the General tyres here except in a couple of offroad 4 x 4 sizes. My local tyre dealer is suggesting the Continental ContiPremium Contact 6 in 225/55/19 99V. They have a $100 rebate on at the moment...
  9. M

Mazda CX-5 Akera AWD high fuel consumption after 200 km

What you are experiencing is the diesel particulate filter regeneration cycle. Perfectly normal, and as you say, the main indications are the green iStop light goes off and the engine note changes, along with increased fuel used. The cycle is not a distance thing, its a time thing in terms of...
  10. M

I'm actually grateful for my TOMS not showing me individual tire pressure

It appears that all 4 are low, because it states to inflate to 36. I would put *em up to 38/40. But thats here in summer temps. Probably the front left reached the threshold of 2psi lower than any other or 32 first, and thus triggered the warning light? One way or another, the system has got...
  11. M

A year later, still averaging 20 MPG on 2018 GT AWD Mazda CX-5. Is that normal?

Short trips are notoroiusly bad for fuel economy. And yes, redo the calcs manually. That said, increasing tyre pressures by 4psi over the recommended pressure as per the label is the best way to improve fuel economy and tire life.
  12. M

Leaving my CX-5 for 6 weeks on vacation, how should I prepare?

Have you got a decent smart charger? Something quite inexpensive like a CTEK 4amp model is ideal for keeping the battery maintained under those kinds of circumstances. I use one to keep my boat batteries in tip top condition, stays hooked up almost permanantly. Assuming of course the car is...
  13. M

Fitted the Mazdaspeed ebay knockoff pedals today. They arrived much faster than I expected, and look fine. The accelerator pedal fits over the existing rubber pedal, but you have to take the Mazda brake pedal rubber off and replace it with the Mazdaspeed one. You do need to use velcro on the...
  14. M

Holy snapping ..... Clicked the link but it is Amazon USA and does not ship to Australia. $35 to you Americans! So searched Amazon Au and sure, they have them, but wait for it .... AU $129 !!!! What a rip off, Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01M646PFM/ Did some searching and found...
  15. M

Towing Down Under

There are no special add-ons, just a suitable towbar and wiring. All models are rated at 1800kgs towing provided the trailer has override brakes fitted.
  16. M

2016 LED vs regular headlights

They are the fully monty Australian ALH version, including with AFS, HBC etc as fitted standard to top of the range 2015/16 Akera. https://www.mazda.com.au/imagination-drives-us/safety-adaptive-led-headlamps/
  17. M

2016 LED vs regular headlights

So would these be the good ones or not?
  18. 9BC29076-0605-4ADC-8D16-80B19312A3A6.jpeg

9BC29076-0605-4ADC-8D16-80B19312A3A6.jpeg

19. 130D7BC9-E6AF-4558-8646-1F3C680FDB6C.jpeg

130D7BC9-E6AF-4558-8646-1F3C680FDB6C.jpeg

20. M

Service for Engine

Mine is a 2015 MY that was the first major update, the first version that has the electronic park brake. And has the MZD connect system with larger screen and doesnt use the TomTom mapping. New one is Mazda but Garmin maps underneath. Mine is the top of the model range as well. Called Akera...
Back