Search results

1. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Aftermarket Remote Starter using OEM Key Fob

I've heard of people installing a remote starter that is able to utilize the original factory key fob (click lock 3 times to start engine). I've got a 2016 CX-5 Touring and would like to install something like this. Has anyone had success doing this? Could you recommend a brand? I need something...
  2. IMG_20161103_193058 (1).jpg

IMG_20161103_193058 (1).jpg

3. W

Installed LED fog bezel and LED switchback in 2016 CX-5

Easier? Probably not. Better? Definitely I mounted resistors the the bottom of the headlight. There is an emplty mounting space (for HID balast?) that I made brackets for on the plasma cutter at work and used to mount resistors. Will make headlight removal easy should you ever need it.
  4. W

Help choosing remote starter

Are you saying that if I get the factory remote starter, I can carry around just the remote starter key fob without having to have one of the originals? I asked this on another forum but never got an answer... Also, do you know if both original fobs are required to program the remote starter...
  5. W

Guide CX-5 Factory Remote Starter - Install and Program

Just to confirm, you have to carry 2 fobs? Also, do I have to have both factory fobs in order for programming to work? I recently bought a CX-5 with only 1 fob, was hoping to use the RS fob as a second.
  6. W

FYI I found this post...https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856869-Disable-enable-DRL-No-tools-required!
  7. W

Understand. I will use a multi-meter to determine which wire is which. The seller actually got back to me as well. I already ordered the resistors.
  8. W

Did you ever install an inline resistor to stop the hyper blinking of the turning signal? I found a link on Ebay but don't know if they're the right ones. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261510632698?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
  9. W

This is a false statement. The white replaces the dim yellow light that you normally have when your headlights are on but your turn signals are not. Just got mine in today :)
  10. W

Chrome Trim around Fog lights

I like it but would want assurance that the "chrome" won't peel after 6 months. Also, I'm thinking of switching out stock bezels for ones with LED strips. In my opinion this is the way to go.
  11. W

I was thinking the same thing. Is there a way (other than intentionally burning out the low filament on the bulb) to disable DRL? I agree that LED strips should suffice.
  12. W

I forgot to ask. What did you do for DRL's? Can you post a picture of the DRL's and led fog bezel on?
  13. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Red Key Warning Light

I'm not sure if it's covered or not. I bought the car at an insurance auction after it was in a fender bender. I'll have to check once it's registered (finishing up the repair). Was fine for a while but the light started to appear this week.
  14. W

Update: New battery. Same problem. Owners manual says to see a dealer. Open to suggestions.
  15. W

Glad to see it matches 6000K. That's what I was thinking of getting anyways. Have you considered LED headlights? I am thinking about going this route as I have had problems with HID's in the past.
  16. W

I will give this a try. I bought the car used and it came with just one key fob so I can't try the other unfortunately. Will swap battery and post update.
  17. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Headlight Upgrade DIY (Angel Eyes LED)

If I can't make the swap to LED head lights then I'd rather get OEM replacements and upgrade to HID/LED high and Low beams and get a switchback like you did in your post. Did you see my questions on there...
  18. W

Hi everyone. I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring with just 15k miles. This week the Start/Stop button started flashing amber when I go to start and when the car is running and I get the red key warning light while the car is running. Others have suggested that it could be the key fob battery but I...
  19. W

2016 CX-5 Touring Headlight Upgrade DIY (Angel Eyes LED)

Has anyone been able to DIY a headlight upgrade? I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring without the technology package (halogen headlights) and am needing replacement headlights (accident). Halogen lights have two separate bulbs (low and high beam) while the LED DRL lights have just one which I...
  20. W

I am very intrigued with what you have done. Looks very good! I bought a wrecked 2016 CX-5 Touring a few months ago and need to make a decision regarding what to do with headlights (would LOVE to upgrade to LED headlights but don't know if that's possible, I would modify fog fairings and add...
Back