Search results

1. S

After two months she's finally back! Now what?

My P5 is at home where she belongs after being in my driveway for a while. She's driving fine but still has that low idle going on. The shifter linkage shakes a lot! I mean when I have the gas pedal down nothing but as soon as I let up it shoots upwards. I tried tightening the bolt and nut with...
  2. S

my worst fear, might've finally happened...

hey mazda fam. looks like I might be down for a while. I had a sudden misfire happen to me like 3-4 days ago. the car threw a flashing cel and the code I got was P0302. I took it into the shop and they deducted that apiece of a valve is broken off. They said for the work to be done and thats not...
  3. S

WTB engine for 02 Protege5 MT

Hey guys! guess my luck has run out with my car and im looking to replace the engine on my waggo. Any leads or possible places to look. Info much appreciated
  4. S

Advice on work to be done on P5

So I'm looking to do a couple things on my car. First, I'm pretty set on buying a AWR transmission mount but not sure on what duro, stuck between 70 & 88. Anyone have either or has tried both? Second, I need to either replace my power steering pump or seal it, as it is leaking from the suction...
  5. S

WTB: Parts for 02 P5

Been a while and long road to get here but my ride is almost where I want it. A couple of small mods to go and I'll be pretty satisfied with myself. Looking for: CR3 Diverter plate CF window bezels Mazdaspeed Oil cap (as in i think it actually says that on top) Thanks guys
  6. S

Looking for good mechanic LA<->SD areas

Hey guys. So some backstory on my car and I. I've had this car about 1yr now. The guy who sold it to me, I feel like cleared the CEL codes and me being excited to getting a new car, didn't think about it at the time. It took me a while to get those cleared and finally get the tags. It's been fun...
  7. S

WTB: Parts for 02 Protege5

I've done this once before and it didn't quite work out. I had to take the adult path of getting my "need" parts over "want". I'm trying to restore my car to its former glory, I would like to reach out to you guys again. I can go to my want list finally. So here's what I'm looking for: Rear and...
  8. S

No air coming out of vents.

Have a trip soon and I don't have any circulation of air coming out my dash. I changed the ac fuse just in case. I do remember it blowing at one point I believe when my radiator was flushed. I recharged the freon a while back and the piping was cold but again no wind whatsoever. Any way to...
  9. S

WTB: 02 Protege Fuse Box and Turn Signal/Multi-Function Switch

WTB: 02 Protege Parts Hey guys, I edited my post so there would be no need to make multiple threads. Looking for: Tribute Wiper Stalk (I needed the speed option now that it has been raining more often) 3 Rear Sway Bar (This is were I'm lost a little. Is the RB bar the only one that needs new...
  10. S

Funky Idle

So I might've unintentionally messed with something. So I tried to do the rear mount and save a few bucks. That was a fail. Got to that part with the plastic rail covering the mount bolts and noticed on my attempt i was starting to reveal the wires in the plastic cover. So pieced everything back...
  11. S

Brake Light Switch code and other lighting issues

So with my CEL, I got the code for a brake light switch. My mechanic replaced mine and shortly after I noticed my lights would not come on. I was out of town so I couldn't get it checked till like a week after. He saw my vehicle yesterday and figured the problem was the switch itself (cheaply...
  12. S

My new (used) 02 P5

Hey guys so I've had my new ride for about a week now when my CEL came on yesterday on my drive from SD to LA here in California. I'd say about halfway it came on an didn't go away. I did buy and use a fuel system cleaner before the fuel up that day. I wanted to see if it made a difference. I...
  13. S

WTB Proteg5 leather shift knob

WTB Proteg5 compatible shift knob Hey guys, Looking to find another option to my current shift knob on my P5. If I can keep it close to stock for now, that would be great. Once I start bringing the big bucks, I can start playing with it. Thanks
Back