Search results

1. Conrad 16.5

Off Topic Columbia House

Columbia House I haven't seen that name in a LONG while, anyone else? Back in the day, I used to join the CD club, get a ton of free/low price CD's and then cancel, only to do it again, and again. The Club caught on and I had to use the address of friends and family, even at work, to get my...
  2. Conrad 16.5

Off Topic Odd billing 'mistake' with Amazon purchase

Saturday evening, I placed an order on Amazon's site, Sunday morning I get a notice from my credit card company about the purchase. I glance at it and it's $7.50 more than it should have been. Strange. I check out the invoice on Amazon's site. The invoice had the correct price. Hmm. No...
  3. Conrad 16.5

Off Topic Don't try this at home

GALESBURG, IL - No one was hurt after a mortar was found at a home in Galesburg. The mortar was discovered Thursday by a resident who was cleaning out a relative's garage. The resident brought the mortar to the Galesburg Public Safety Building lobby and turned over to the police. It was then...
  4. Conrad 16.5

Off Topic PSA - JBL speaker scam

After recently buying speakers from JBL's website, I received what appeared to be a legitimate offer from JBL, albeit, too good to be true (and it was) The offer was for a JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker, reg sale price of $129.95 for $19.95, w/shipping included. I know what you're thinking...
  5. Conrad 16.5

Total blasphemy!

This from an article in Jalopnik 10 Cars That Always Get Ruined By Their Owners https://jalopnik.com/10-cars-that-always-get-ruined-by-their-owners-1741589499 Miatas are great, but their owners, not so much. My colleague Stef Schrader can explain. Sure, I know a lot of nice owners, but they...
  6. Conrad 16.5

Guide Testing brake fluid for moisture percentage

I decided to order one of those brake fluid testing pens from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076SC377J/ Don't get me wrong, I flush the brake systems on all of my vehicles at regular intervals and even if the pen tells me that the fluid is ok, I'll still change it out if it's time...
  7. Conrad 16.5

Cool doo dads, door latch covers

Saw these over at the Miata forum. They fit both my CX and my MX, the CX needs four while the MX needs two. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D7HF23K/ Two other color choices. red and stainless. I just ordered a set of four. Mabe I'll put two on the front doors of the CX and use the...
  8. Conrad 16.5

ND MX-5 Crazy used prices!

Just for s**** and giggles I checked out the price on KBB for my 2016 MX-5 Club ST MT (under 20k miles). I'm not interested in selling I was just curious. I paid $20k three years ago and at that time the milage was just over ~11k. According to KBB my car is worth at least $5k more now than...
  9. Conrad 16.5

2013~2016 Finally! A use for the worthless dash cubby

As the title says, I finally discovered a use for the worthless dash cubby on the left side of the dash of my 2016.5 CX-5. Check out the pics. This item comes with not one but two mounts. One is a VERY good unique vent mount and the other is what you see below. I used the vent mount in my MX-5...
  10. Conrad 16.5

Stuck in the snow? Don't do this!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/driver-stuck-in-snow-burns-to-death-after-repeatedly-revving-suv-s-engine/ar-BB1dofbt?ocid=msedgntp Driver stuck in snow burns to death after repeatedly revving SUV's engine. A New Jersey man was killed in a fire after repeatedly revving his SUV's engine while...
  11. Conrad 16.5

Off Topic Crazy weather!

According to my personal weather station... Yesterdays high temp was 60f at 2:00pm with a low temp of 8f at 6:00am with a wind chill of 0 today! Brrrrrrrr!!!!
  12. Conrad 16.5

Guide Infotainment issues? Slow booting? Rebooting? Sluggish performance?

If your infotainment system is acting strangely, the problems that you are having are likely a result of poor connectivity between the infotainment system and the Sat NAV SD card. The system uses info from the SD card in the boot process and if that info gets corrupted the system becomes...
  13. Conrad 16.5

White stuff on rear seats

I haven't been in the CX in a couple of weeks. Yesterday I went out to get something and noticed some white stuff on the back seat. It looked a lot like white mold. It was kind of powdery like mold and It was only on the back and seating area of the rear split seat on the passenger side, nowhere...
  14. Conrad 16.5

Looks more like a CX-5 than a Mustang.

Can someone explain to me how and why Ford would call this thing a 'Mustang'?
  15. Conrad 16.5

Lame Mazda commercial, Feel Alive!

Anyone else feel that the new Mazda 'Feel Alive' (how else are you going to feel?) ad campaign is seriously lame? I haven't seen the TV spot (thank goodness) yet as I've been working on siding my garage and I listen to Pandora while I'm working. That stupid Mazda ad comes on several times an...
  16. Conrad 16.5

Retained Accesory Power

One of my biggest gripes with the CX-5 is the lack of retained accessory power. What is retained accessory power? When you shut your ignition off the power for some accessories (windows, sunroof, stereo...) stays on for a few minutes. I REALLY hate it when I shut the car off and find out...
  17. Conrad 16.5

VW TDIs and DieselGate

I see several forum members here who have mentioned their VW TDIs and I was curious as to how many VW owners have sold their TDIs and replaced it with a CX-5? Our buyback was 11/29 on a 2012 JSW and we picked up our CX-5 the following week. So far so good.
  18. Conrad 16.5

BlueDriver

BlueDriver vs. Scangauge 2 Does anyone have any experience using a BlueDriver Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool on their CX-5? I was considering buying one and wanted to see if anyone here has use it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00652G4TS/?tag=m20b7-20 https://www.lemurmonitors.com/ Go to...
  19. Conrad 16.5

Tow hooks?

After reading about the jack and spare tire in the owners manual I was checking out the spare tire and jack in our new CX-5. I noticed a couple of what appear to be missing parts in the foam jack holder. Going back to the owners manual I see that there should have been two tow hooks, a long and...
  20. Conrad 16.5

setting the flexible oil change interval

I asked this question in a couple of other threads, no reply. So I thought it best to start a new thread. I'm trying to switch my OCI monitor from fixed to flexible but the flexible option is grayed out and it is non selectable. Anyone?
Back