Search results

1. P

2016~2023 Anyone have CX-9 parking brake actuator problems?

2016 CX-9: One inside rear brake pad is worn to the metal. The outside pad on that wheel has about 3mm of pad remaining. I'm about to dive into it, and I haven't yet checked the other side of the car. Has anyone had a sticky parking brake actuator? Any tips for refurbishing one, or tips for...
  2. P

Brake bleed sequence

It's time to renew the brake fluid in my 2016 CX9. Does anyone know the bleeding sequence from the shop manual? On other vehicles I've done the usual far-to-near, RR, LR, (rear proportioning valve on the pickup), RF, LF. But, my 1996 Volvo 850 shop manual had the order reversed, near-to-far...
  3. P

New battery time (CX-9)

I put in a new battery today. 5-1/2 years on the old one, it still started the car fine, but I have some cold winter trips planned. My load tester showed that the battery wasn't at full power even after a full charge. The battery size is Group 35. Original capacity is 550 cold cranking amps...
  4. P

Tire chain alternative...Alpha Trax

It is almost time to think about tire chains or other snow traction devices. The CX-9 wheels don't offer much clearance, and alternatives to chains or cables are usually recommended. Laclede Alpha Trax might be the pick of the litter. https://lacledechain.com/alpha-trax/ tirechain.com has...
  5. P

How to access 2016 CX-9 upper rear shock mount?

Can anyone tell me how to get to the upper rear shock mount on my 2016 CX-9? I'm still trying to find the elusive source of a squeak. It goes away for a few minutes after I remove and replace the wheel. I can squeak it bouncing on the open rear hatch, but when I have a jack under the...
  6. P

2016 CX-9 Right Rear Squeak

42,000 miles. There's a squeak coming from the right rear. Has anyone else had this problem yet? What was your fix? I plan on jacking the right rear suspension up to remove that tire, put the suspension, on the floor jack, back to its normal position as it would sit with the tire on, then...
  7. P

New Brake & Strut Replacement Options 2nd gen CX9

PowerStop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Upgrade Kit https://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z23-brake-kit/ I've had good results with PowerStop brakes in the past. PowerStop also offers stock replacement pad & rotor kits, including coated rotors. Gabriel Ultra Ready front strut & coil spring...
  8. P

Wheel spacer question

Not a Mazda question---a buddy just picked up a 2018 Acura MDX and is looking for snow tires & wheels. The stock Mazda wheels have a 55mm positive offset. That's more than most cars. Our CX9s have 45 mm offset. Aftermarket wheels seem to max out at 40 mm, and I've read that one should shoot...
  9. P

What do I need to know about a roof cargo box?

It's never too early to watch craigslist for a roof cargo box for skis for next winter. 2016 CX-9. I have the rails, so I'll get the Mazda crossbars. (Anyone want to sell me crossbars?) Mazda 0000-8L-N11 crossbars cost about $175 from the mail order outlets, they have a 200# weight rating...
Back