Search results

1. M

WTB Protege5 OE springs

WTB OE springs for my 2003 Protege 5.
  2. M

For Sale Various Protege5 Parts

are the OE strut springs still available?
  3. M

Mazda5 sport MT throttle assist?

I'm still confused as to whether or not it's just the 2012 drive by wire nonsense that's causing me this headache, or if it's something else that's meant to help but simply makes things a pain in the ass. 2012 sport manual trans, and i'm ashamed of the number of times i've stalled this thing. is...
  4. M

Stress tested the Mazda5

Finally put the 5 through it's paces. Recent weekend trip that had me carting around 6people and some gear, the largest of which was a arctic cooler sitting on a receiver mounted gear rack, and my best guess on that weight was maybe 80lbs. It did the job without complaint, and at least NOW i...
  5. M

New smiley 5 shifty boy in town

@hleboklop dude . . . DUDE 50 freaking doll hairs and you're up and running when name brand racks for these things START at around 300$ one thousand blessings to you on this recommendation. maybe an hour worth of re-engineering, measure, cut, drill, tap. done and dusted with the best of them.
  6. 20220723_141237.jpg

20220723_141237.jpg

7. 20220723_141218.jpg

20220723_141218.jpg

8. M

Upgrading from Mazda5 - Which car?

tough call, because i call it a wash as far as the FE i've gotten in it so far. if i can get avg 30mpg in my P5 with over 180k on the clock, and get the same in the MZ5 with 90k on the clock, and the fact that it's a 2.5 vs the 2.0 in my P5. Nevermind the fact that it only JUST MISSED the...
  9. M

Poll What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

I remember looking up information for a dtc on my P5 circa 2012, and the top hits from my search were all out of this forum. After finding my answer and surfing around a bit, it just felt right as the additional information i stumbled upon was sure to be helpful in the future. Also, there's just...
  10. M

Upgrading from Mazda5 - Which car?

I recently picked up a 5 sport manual, and you're damn right this thing ticks all the boxes. most recent trip was 5people plus gear and everybody and everything traveled just fine. a top box or receiver with a gear rack would free up all the space inside sure, but it wasn't a nightmare of a...
  11. M

Mazda5 Performance mod options?

oh i remember all of that nonsense quite well. nevermind the fact they were using the vertical tailight 5 and the mix and match they needed to do with the MSP3 gauge cluster was difficult to watch. my engineer brain just can't let go of the idea that the MSP bits off the smiley 3, granted it was...
  12. M

Mazda5 Performance mod options?

i'll admit the mad scientist inside wants me to source out a totalled speed 3 and rob all the go fast parts to swap onto my 5. for no other reason than to get a shred more torque and that extra quick merging capacity. there's no drag racing that's going to be top of the list with this thing, nor...
  13. M

no problem there, sport trim *BECAUSE MANUAL BROOOO* so no sunroof to get in the way. and while I keep looking online, ebay and such for the Yakima setup, i'll probably go this route just to have a rack when needed.
  14. M

Attempted to add trip computer functions to 2012 Mazda5 Sport 6MT

i've used a bluetooth OBDII transmitter with torque running on a spare phone that i have tacked up to the windshield. it's great in the fact that i can monitor all the usual items as well as swap the setup between all the vehicles.
  15. M

so i'm guessing the distance between attachment points is identical from the CX-7 to the Mazda5? i'llllll be damned if it is, even if i'm a yakima fanboy, for no other reason than to put my next decal on this damn van YAKIMAZDA!!!
  16. M

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

newly purchased 2012 Sport MT. Fresh tires, tint, and a double din touchscreen head unit *which made me rethink my life after pulling apart THE ENTIRE console and dash assy* slapped some LEDs into the interior dome lights, sure makes the whole experience nice and fresh losing that icky yellow...
  17. 20220606_084519.jpg

20220606_084519.jpg

18. M

Scored a 2012 Mazda5 Sport MT. 89k on the clock, and even though it was bought in freakin Massachusetts, its living in TX now. rust isn't terrible, rear end susp components will most likely be replaced at some point, but i bought this thing to commute back and forth for offshore deployments...
  19. 20220606_084519.jpg

20220606_084519.jpg

20. M

2001 Mazda Protege...Still Kickin'!

HAH! damn right son! the 2001 i picked up last december only has about 68k on it, but i know damn sure i'll get that kind of mileage out of it. end of the world proof cars.
Back