Search results

1. K

Off Topic Question Hard Drive to SSD upgrade on my Lenovo Y580 Laptop - PC Hardware

Hope everyone is doing ok during this crisis. Due to lockdown I had to pull my old 2012/13 Lenovo Y580 out to help my kid do her studies. We opted out of getting a loaner from the school district as we knew they would have thousands of people requesting. The Y580 is probably one of last laptops...
  2. K

2013~2016 2.5 NA (Non CD) Best MPG after driving style changes

This morning I broke my own record of 37.4 mpg by a big margin which I thought was not possible. Here are some of the things I have observed about 2.5NA 1. Sweet speed is mid 30s, after that rule try keeping it under 65 2. I accelerated during downhill runs and bled speed during uphill climbs -...
  3. K

2013~2016 My Fog lights - just died

16.5 CX-5, This morning, It was very foggy here in DFW, My 30 minute drive the passenger side mirror was still wet. But what puzzled me was - My Fog lights died, when I rotate the stock I see no lights on the Dash and I don't see the fogs lighting up. 3 years is really a small time frame for...
  4. K

2013~2016 16.5 CX-5 Brake service quotes

Hi All Wanted an opinion on what did you pay your dealer for brake service. Here are my quotes in USD $ 335 + Taxes - 1 Axle : pads + rotors turned AND fluid flush + replace (all 4 sides). 199 1 Axle pads + Rotors turned My rears will need service before the front ones do - So I will get...
  5. K

Mazda's e-TPV : hydrogen / electric / gasoline concept vehicle

Article says it all: https://driving.ca/mazda/features/feature-story/motor-mouth-is-this-the-perfect-electric-vehicle Surprises for me were that Mazda made a rotary engine that ran on hydrogen, they also made one in 2003 that ran on gasoline and hydrogen. First thoughts are the complexity is...
  6. K

Mazda's Cars Are Good But Its Dealers Are Still Kind of Awful

This should be a sticky note on the forum. https://jalopnik.com/mazdas-cars-are-good-but-its-dealers-are-still-kind-of-1833713245 I would not recommend Mazda unless you really do have a good dealer or know most of the routine maintenance and go in only for warranty work. Been to three dealers...
  7. K

27000 miles service and my dealer recommended these things to be done.

On my 4th service - I have been to 3 different dealerships and they're all bad. My dealer gave me a $700 estimate for: Coolant flush Brake fluid service Cabin air filter- which has been on car for 5k miles only. Alignment Oil change for which I paid and left. I declined the other things. I...
  8. K

C&D takes Mazda crossovers to the Canadian Arctic Circle

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a25728682/mazda-crossover-arctic-adventure/ Interesting read. Has very little about how the cars handled etc. More like a story. And they had to replace windshields on all the Mazdas 🦄🦄🦄🦄 due to gravel being used up north. God made Mazdas for California and...
  9. K

Bravo Mazda!

Bravo Mazda! - Apple Carplay / Android Auto update added. YTD numbers are in. Mazda sees 14.8% YTD sales jump. Only automakers to beat this are Volvo and Tesla. CX5 numbers though - wait for it - 75% YTD jump. For this month its 90% YoY Jump. Man - they can't make CX-5 fast enough it seems...
  10. K

Mazda tops EPA fuel-efficiency rankings for fifth year in a row

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1114870_mazda-tops-epa-fuel-efficiency-rankings-for-fifth-year-in-a-row Highlights: In the Environmental Protection Agency's latest "Light-Duty Automotive Technology, Carbon Dioxide Emissions, and Fuel Economy Trends" report released this month, Mazda was...
  11. K

Adding aftermarket rear LED tail lights to 2016.5 CX5 Touring without tech - Question

As the title says - I was not going to modify my car at all, but now am about to think seriously about these things (hi) : 1. Front DRL LED - Eyebrow style (love it over the yellow DRLs that come with touring)(2thumbs) 2. LED Door sills. About 50-100 USD ones and not 200+ OEM ones. (guitar) 3...
  12. K

Dark blue CX5 - Water Spots, light scratches and Hood restore

I use ONR Wash and Wax once about 3 months. So far it has done its job really well although I question a spray wax during drying instead of wash and wax. The process worked since I am just too lazy to do the whole clean / wax etc. process. Up until I noticed something. The right side of the...
  13. K

2017 Mazda CX5 - America's Best Crossover

Alex, one of the best reviewers gives his verdict on the CX5, calling it America's best crossover (Across all tiers).
  14. K

Tire Pressure light illuminated alongwith DSC/TCS light came on - 2016.5 Touring

So I was doing my daily yesterday and these two lights Came on at the same time. I pulled over and checked my tire pressure - all checked out well. Started the car and drove carefully. Just before I pull into my parking- the lights went on. Note both lights came on - stayed on, did not...
  15. K

I cant do this on a highway but ....

In mixed. Bam. Topped some air into tires and this next day If our friendly highway authorities had not messed up highway 121 again with a new traffic pattern --- this is what I was doing (toetap) For potential CX-5 buyers having mpg questions.... Best mpg is 30 and 50 mph this is where...
  16. K

Parking Lot damage to my CX-5.

I parked my car on a windy day in a busy lot. Took me 4 hours at the doctor - sigh. When i stepped out, saw that my car was damaged. No note or any information. The good security guard there was kind enough to take details and review the security camera - keeping fingers crossed and i will know...
  17. K

Has anyone used this for noise dampening?

http://www.yoybuy.com/en/Show/534271640666?SSAID=1159395 Has anyone used the website mentioned - yoybuy, do you think its fishy? I think this same product could be on AliExpress - not sure. Do you think the product can have flaws as in not letting water and dust pass through.
  18. K

what do you guys think?

Hi all. Usually I am on the cx5 section. Asking for opinions Looking at used 6 touring with Bose audio 18 k miles 2016 for 17.5k usd ... Out of door 19000. How do you think the deal is? Reliability for 6? Resale or trade in value in the future Thanks
  19. K

CX-5 Sidekick search

So my 2nd car was totaled. Well not officially yet but I wont be driving it. Its been slalomed - So CX-5 needs a sidekick. Usage will be 90% highway with 24k miles / year. Need low miles or certified. Plan to sell around 110k or so miles. If my commute pattern changes I will still sell it...
  20. K

2016.5 Break in Period - I did mostly the opposite in my first 500 miles.

I got my new ride, on the way back from the dealership I was racing off stop lights in sport mode. Having too much fun. Since then i have had some quick starts and small 30 min interstate drives. Now the break in mentions don't do this and treat your brakes gently (which I did). But the...
Back