Search results

1. PatrickGSR94

2014 CX-5 2.5L - Oil analysis shows coolant present

Well this is not what I wanted to see. 137K miles on our CX5 Touring that we've owned since 2016 with about 54k miles. Last oil analysis report last July showed a trace of coolant present in the oil, and this oil change end of last month showed more coolant. I have noticed a *very small* loss...
  2. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 1st gen CX-5 headlight restoration

Our 2014's headlights are looking a little degraded along the tops of the lenses. I'd like to do a restoration, but I'm concerned about the textured areas along the top edge that show up under the edge of the hood. Has anyone tried restoring their 1st gen headlight lenses? How did you handle...
  3. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Anyone try these headlight lens replacements?

My 2014 has some yellowing and degradation along the top edges of the headlight lenses. I've thought about sanding and 2K clear coating to restore them, but honestly I think new lenses would look even better. Has anyone tried any of these replacement lenses on eBay? Unfortunately they all...
  4. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 What category is interior carpet?

I've been scouring the parts websites all morning trying to find interior carpet, either for the front passenger compartment or the rear cargo area, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've looked all through the Interior and Body categories and nothing. Where does interior carpet show up...
  5. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Thinking of doing the driver side mirror TSB repair

Ever since we bought our 2014 back in 2016, the vibrating driver side mirror on the highway has been driving me nuts. I can't stand how the mirror image is so blurry compared to the inside rear view or passenger side mirror. So I'm seriously considering doing the TSB repair soon. Our car has...
  6. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Dead battery after only 3 years

Once again, battery goes to crap after only 3 years. We replaced the battery in our CX5 just 3 years and 1 month ago, January 2018, with a Group 35 Interstate battery from Costco. Today I went to move the car out of the garage and it struggled to turn over. Wife said it had been slow to start...
  7. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Can I get an OEM Mazda blank key blade?

After 4.5 years of ownership, we finally got another key for our 2014 CX5. It only came with one, and we've been making do all the time. I bought a new transmitter from carandtruckremotes.com, which came with a blank key blade. We took it to the Mazda dealer this morning, and they were able...
  8. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Rear bumper protector WITHOUT upturned ends?

Has anyone seen a 2013-2016 CX5 rear bumper sill protector that extends over the edge of the rear bumper, but is basically flat when looking at it from the edge? Without the ends upturned like many of them you see on eBay. I installed one with the upturned ends, and unfortunately the ends are...
  9. PatrickGSR94

2014 CX5 Tune-Up items to replace?

I pulled off the engine cover of our 2014 CX5 a couple weeks ago while I was draining the ATF, and noticed some pretty significant leaking around the valve cover (or maybe the oil control valve, or maybe both). With 113,000 miles I'm thinking it's time I did some tune-up maintenance on the car...
  10. PatrickGSR94

2016 grille on 2014?

Every time I wash our 2014 I think about how much I hate that 2013-15 egg crate front grille. I would very much like to swap over to the 2016 3-bar grille, if it's possible. Anyone know if it's a straight swap? Comparing the parts diagrams, it looks like I might also have to swap the plastic...
  11. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Rear bumper protector issue?

I just got one of these bumper guards for our 2014 last week, but when I test fit it, it has these 2 protrusions on the bottom that seem like it will prevent the double sided 3M tape from making contact in those areas. Seems to fit well otherwise. Has anyone seen this before?
  12. PatrickGSR94

2013~2016 Anyone tried the LED rear bumper reflector replacements?

I found one of our rear bumper reflectors appears to be broken inside, so I was thinking about replacing them with these LED units that wire up to the tail and brake lights. Wondering if anyone here has tried these and how you like them?
  13. PatrickGSR94

Any way to improve BT connectivity on 2014 Touring?

In our 2014 Touring, we have both mine and my wife's phones paired with the car. USUALLY it will pair with whichever phone was last connected, if that same phone is present. But for instance if my wife last drove the car, and then I drive it somewhere by myself, it will sit there and say...
  14. PatrickGSR94

Roof molding trim removal?

Any tips on removing the roof molding trim pieces? My wife's 2014 apparently has tons of organic junk from trees and other debris caught under the roof gutter molding inserts (no roof rack). Every time I wash the car the pressure washer kicks out a bunch of junk from underneath those trim...
  15. PatrickGSR94

15-16 grille swap?

Hey guys, is it possible to swap a 2015-16 front grille onto a 2013-14 model CX-5? It seems like the horizontal bar grille would be much easier to clean when washing the vehicle as compared to that hexagonal honeycomb pattern on the 2013-14 models.
  16. PatrickGSR94

Disable quoted post emails?

Is there a way to disable the emails I get every time someone quotes my post? Gets annoying after awhile.
  17. PatrickGSR94

BT audio/navigation with iOS 9 vs. iOS 10

So I'm behind the times and just upgraded my iPhone 6 to iOS 10 over the weekend, after nearly a year of the phone daily hounding me to upgrade. (whistle) Anyway, before the upgrade, I would have music playing through Bluetooth (usually a podcast but sometimes regular music), and if I had...
  18. PatrickGSR94

2014 rear shock mounts?

I'm having trouble finding the rear shock mounts for our 2014 CX-5. I thought I saw them on Autozone.com recently but now I don't see them. I see lots of KYB shock mounts for the Mazda 5 and other applications that look pretty much like the CX-5 shock mounts, but I can't be sure if they're the...
  19. PatrickGSR94

Just got the CX-5 Hatch/Liftgate strut recall notice

I just got the recall notice for the liftgate/hatch strut corrosion issue last week. Given that I do not live in an area where such corrosion is common, and the hatch struts and mounts show no signs of corrosion at this point, should I even bother with it? Keep in mind that I have never gone...
  20. PatrickGSR94

Hood vibration fixed! New cowl seal installed per TSB.

I can't find the actual TSB number for this, but it seems to be an updated version of 09-029/12 which only showed adding vibration damping sealant to the hood, and adjusting the hood bumpers: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-sY4-KaDJV-RU1LNnJJVEEzTTA/edit The updated version is here, which...
Back