Search results

1. S

Is AGM Battery required for GT?

I got the regular battery yesterday from Costco and installed it, $124 ($109 when I return the old one). I replaced it because I was getting smart brake and radar cruise control error early mornings. I got the same error after I replace my old battery. I’m hoping the replacement just needs to...
  2. S

Thanks!
  3. S

My 2016 GT is in need of battery replacement after almost 6 years (this July). I have two options, Group 35 and Group 35 AGM. I've read AGM are needed or recommended if your car has all the bells and whistles like radar CC and smart brake assist. The problem is that AGM batteries are expensive...
  4. S

Radar and Brake System issue on start up

I do have to replace my front brakes
  5. S

Thank you. I found another post with similar issues, waiting to see if replacing the battery fixed it. My battery will be 6 years in July. I took the car to the dealership in December and they said the battery was good. But, I agree, I think it's overdued, plus cold weather depletes the battery...
  6. S

CX-9 Front radar sensor replacement?

Hey, I just posted. Having the same issue on my 2016 with 43K miles. Happens at start up. It has been cold here recently, but goes away when the car warms up. Did swapping the battery help? I don't remember ever changing the battery in my car, but last dealer inspection said the battery was good.
  7. S

Cold mornings here in San Diego (low to mid 40s) and my 2016 CX-9 started giving me errors: "Front Radar Sensor System Malfunction" and "Smart Brake System Malfunction". The parking brake light is ON, it usually goes away once the car warms up. Has anyone encountered this before?
  8. 2022-02-03 22_15_37-iCloud Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

2022-02-03 22_15_37-iCloud Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

9. 2022-02-03 22_15_59-iCloud Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

2022-02-03 22_15_59-iCloud Photos — Mozilla Firefox.png

10. S

RUMOUR: New CX-9 (possibly CX-90) destined for release in 2024

Ventilated second row AC vents for third row Better instrument cluster Better HUD that works with polarized glasses and can project CarPlay Off road package / skid plates Ambient lighting Better interior space Blind spots cameras
  11. S

RUMOUR: New CX-9 (possibly CX-90) destined for release in 2024

They do offer a truck and it looks amazing. Just not in the US market.
  12. S

2016 CX-9 20 inch rims turning black

My wheels are losing the clear coat and are partially dark. They look like crap. Also a 2016 - the top of the rear door is also bubbling a little.
  13. S

Power Seat works, but very loud noise

Drivers seat bottom back/forth power adjustment works, but it makes a very loud noise. I checked and there isn't anything stock on the rails. Sounds like the motor is under heavy load with or without anyone on the seat. I just had my oil change and won't be back at the dealership for another 5...
  14. S

2022 CX-9 EV?

I've been looking at several car reviews online and it seems like everyone is updating their vehicles. Their designs are fresh, provide innovation and look great in my opinion, then Mazda releases the MX-30 EV which looks not up-to par with the competition. If 2022 doesn't bring a new model...
  15. S

16+ CX9 Snow chains/snow cables

Thoughts on these? Will it be enough clearance? I’ve never used chains before. Chains on 20”
  16. S

Ideas for restoring wheel finish / appearance?

So a few years ago I had these repaired due to some scratches. It appears it didn’t take well. What other solutions are out there? Repaint them? Sand them and make them black? Or leave them as is?
  17. EFF26859-2AD5-4656-82C9-AF71D616ACA4.jpeg

EFF26859-2AD5-4656-82C9-AF71D616ACA4.jpeg

18. S

Chains on 20" wheels?

I finally got a change to install the chains on my 2016 GT with 20" ... What do you guys think of the clearance? is it safe? The install was easier that I thought. I drove in a straight line back and forth from my driveway to the middle of the road... I read it's not good to drive them on dried...
  19. S

Chains on 20" wheels?

Thanks - I’ll have to look up what tread and section width are. The 2016 manual has the information in the notes section. It’s not really a warning or at least not labeled as such. I plan to call the dealer and ask and try on the chains in my driveway when I receive them. They also sell a...
  20. S

Chains on 20" wheels?

In California, yes. I live in San Diego and when it snows in the mountains in Julian chains are required no matter what car you have. I’ve never been yet, but read enough plus the news always says you must have chains before going.
Back