Search results

1. C

A rant about my bad luck

So back in may I was asleep in my bed and a drunk driver smashed my CX-9 with a hit and run causing 12k in damages. They found an arrested the guy and my insurance fixed the car and didn’t total it. It took 35 days to get my car back and I drove it for a week until it needed an oil change and...
  2. C

CX-9 Cargo area protector (2016+)

Anyone know of a good cargo area cover for the rear cargo area as well as for the back of the seats, that work well either when the rear seats are either in the up or down position?
  3. C

What kind of issue do you think this is?

2016 cx9 GT. Getting weird error warnings. One about the transmission failing, the camera keeps throwing up a warning saying it’s blocked and needs to Defog, got an SCBS malfunction warning and the other day got a warning about blind spot system malfunctioning. The errors only show up for a...
  4. C

Weird message issues

So I got a cx9 (2016 GT) and I love it but I had a weird message the other day saying that the transmission was having problems and to bring it to the dealer immediately. (Attached) I called the dealer immediately and they took a look at it and ran the codes and found nothing about the...
  5. C

Be thankful the DRLs don't turn off when signaling

I'm not sure how Mazda was able to get the OK from the IHS or whatever body approves this, but I've seen so many vehicles have to turn off their DRLs when signaling and I'm not sure how Mazda was able to get away with it. I actually saw the other day a vehicle which had completely separate...
  6. C

2016 CX-9 GT reverse lights question

Anyone know if the 2016 CX-9 GT has LED reverse lights? My 2017 CX-5 GT did...
  7. C

CX-5 Cabin air filter on Amazon?

Can anyone link from Amazon a good cabin air filter that will go in my 2017 cx5? Dealer wants to charge $45 for it but it seems easy enough to do myself. Just don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks
  8. C

license plate screws

Anyone know what type of screws (size/style) is needed for the second gen cx5? I bought course ones and they don't fit, so I'm assuming they need the machine style ones? Is there a particular size? I couldn't find the info in the owner's manual for some reason
  9. C

Can't find these floor mats

I bought the 3d Maxspider black floor mats for the front only before the winter and fell in love with them. For Christmas I wanted to get a set of the rear ones but I can't find them anywhere--only in gray or tan or only with the complete set. Anyone know a site that would sell just the rear...
  10. C

Compliments

Ive only owned luxury cars except my first car which was a manual pontiac firebird (loved the thing but I totaled it) since then its been Volvos and Mercedes. After I had a ton of issues with my last Mercedes I traded it in and got a Mazda CX-5 touring. I regretted the touring bc it lacked a lot...
  11. C

CX-5 screen replacement?

I doubt this but has anyone here had to replace the screen in the 2nd gen Cx5? just wondering what the cost would be. I know the screen is different from the computer but I have a feeling like it'll be at least $400 or so including labor. I used alcohol pads (by mistake) on the screen and it...
  12. C

Stolen CX5 recovered

Some lady stole a CX5 in Venice, Cali and days later was still inexplicably driving the vehicle relatively close to where it was stolen from. The husband, on a bike, saw the vehicle and forced her to stop. She then proceeded to attempt to get away but a youtuber with millions of subscribers had...
  13. C

Odd damage to infotainment screen

This is very weird and I can't explain how it this happened because I only ever wipe my infotainment screen with legitimate screen/lens wipes that I've used on my last cx5 a bunch and a few times already on my new one. But somehow I looked at my car this morning (i didn't notice if it happened...
  14. C

LED turn signals for 2017-2018 CX5

As far as I'm aware, the turn signals in the GT trim of 2017-18 CX5s are using incandescent or halogen bulbs for the turn signal and I was wondering if anyone had any luck replacing with LEDs. Was it hard to get to them and did you have to put any sort of control box between them or was it plug...
  15. C

Bluetooth issues

Let me start off by saying the 17 cx5 GT is the best car I've owned but it is not without infotainment problems. I'm not going to b**** about the lack of AA/ACP but rather on what we have right now. It takes way too long to connect to my phone. My wife's old car was a 2012 toyota carolla and...
  16. C

AC turning on with auto hvac setting

I notice when I turn on the automatic climate control setting, the AC indicator turns on and I have to press the AC button to turn it off. For reference, the temperatures have been around 20-40 Fahrenheit and the auto setting was set to around 65-68 F. Any reason the AC is turning on? I haven't...
  17. C

Mazda Connect Options Explained?

I looked through the manual for a deeper explanation of what some of the car options do but only found a couple scattered throughout. Is there a guide or video somewhere explaining what each option does, such as all the lighting options and the way the car locks work?
  18. C

Getting better MPG

I've been working on getting better MPG with my CX5. Sadly, a lot of my commute is in stop and go traffic and I'm only on the highway for a few minutes a day out of my 20 minute commute, this leads me to have gas mileage in the low 20s which I'm a little disappointed in. I drive pretty laid...
  19. C

Bluetooth connection delay?

I've owned a 2016 touring and now own a 2017 GT and both cars have had the same issue with the bluetooth taking a long time to pair. I'll have my phone on me, start the car up, and 20-30 seconds later it finally connects. I thought this was normal as the 2016 was my first car with bluetooth, but...
  20. C

2017 - remove license plate covers

Hey all, I bought an LED kit and had no problem with any of the other lights but for the life of me I cannot get the license plate caps off. I've tried everything and almost thought I was going to break them a couple of times. The manual just says to pry with a screwdriver like it did with the...
Back