Search results

1. K

How to reduce ( Wind ) Noise inside Cabin

I want to get rid wind noise inside cabin specially when cx-9 is at or above 70 mph. Previously my cx-9 used to have lot of noise but after finishing below 2 things, cabin noise is significantly reduced. 1) Installed new ceramic proact brake pads and centric rotors 2) Installed new window...
  2. K

Video - changing rear wheel rotors and brake pads

I recently changed rotors and shoot video of it, so new beginners ( like me ) will benefit from it. Here is the video for rear wheel rotor replacement -
  3. K

Hard Gear shaft when car is on slanted surface

I have 2012 awd cx9 touring . Odometer is 50k miles. I have changed transfer case oil twice recently ( with 500 miles distance difference). I'm noticing that when car is on slanted surface, then changing gear is hard and need more force. If car is on leveled road then changing gear is very...
  4. K

Weak Headlights

I have 2012 AWD Cx-9. I never saw such a great suv with such low intensity lights. Is it CX-9 , with weak light intensity ? or is something wrong in my car's headlights, which I should check for ? To eliminate old bulb issues , I replaced all of them ( high and low beam ) recently with below...
  5. K

Humming sound with vibration - when car is on little slanting drive

My 2012 - AWD - CX-9 makes humming sound with vibration when on slanting drive. I created video when it happened. Unfortunately , the audio , which I was willing to capture was not recorded as expected (however the real humming sound and vibration is more severe than the attached video/audio)...
  6. K

ATF, Rear Differential Oil , Transfer case fluid change - Videos & Tool sources

I received request to share sources to buy tools/oils for each of the videos I created . So I am sharing all the details. Hope this helps for the DIY projects. These tools/oils are for reference and information only ! *************** ATF Change ******************* Thanks cpb406 and 'Pootie...
  7. K

Anyone has 2012 CX-9 Service Manual ? ( not the owner's manual )

I am looking for 2012 CX-9 Factory Service manual ( FSM ) . I already have 2 FSMs for 2007 and 2008 CX-9 but I am interested in more specific 2012 CX-9 FSM only. Thanks in advance.
  8. K

Transfer case oil change - doubts .

I have 2012 CX-9 Touring AWD. So far ran 50k. While going through the forums , I realized that CX-9 has significant issues with the transfer case and I really need to take care of it. However, I came across some doubts - 1. Transfer case has only one plug. I have to pump out fluid from it...
  9. K

Flushing ATF - Correct way ?

I have 2012 CX-9 AWD Touring. While going through the forums, I realized that there are 2 ways to get the existing ATF out before pouring new in. a) Removing drain plug as stated in -...
  10. K

Vibrating front end of car when breaks applied above 65 mph. Root cause ?

I have 2012 4WD Cx-9 Touring. Odometer is 51k. History - I purchased from dealer as a pre-owned certified car in 2015. At that time odometer was 33k. Previously it was used as a fleet vehicle ( as carfax stated ). I started observing a pattern nowadays - when I apply break on and above 65 mph...
  11. K

How to change "Rear" Differential fluid ?

I have 2012 touring 4wd CX-9. I found the steps to change transmission fluid at - http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123842378 If I'm not wrong - for cx-9 front differential fluid and transmission fluid are same. However rear differential fluid is different. Is this understanding...
  12. K

What does rear break job means ?

I took my car today to mazda dealer for regular maintainece (like oil change etc). I picked up car later and since i have maintenance package, I paid zero amount. Later today, when I saw a comment on the invoice, which says I declined $336 job for rear break, I called dealer to check what does...
  13. K

What is this button on top of fuel meter ?

I always wonder what is this button above fuel meter and what is the use of it ?(see attached screenshot) Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  14. K

2012 CX-9 Touring - Installed Pioneer Nex 5100 ( navigation, bluetooth , cd/dvd etc)

My 2012 Cx-9 Non-Bose doesn't have bluetooth audio. It only supports bluetooth phone calls. So I replaced my OEM stereo with Pioneer Nex 5100 . I did not buy stuff from crutchfield. I used amazon and ebay combination to get stuff cheaply. 1. Nex 5100. ( Cost $494 : no tax and free shipping)...
  15. K

2012 cx9 black ( a3f color code) equivalent in duplicolor or rustoleum ?

Few dents on trunk exterior which I removed cleanly but need repainting. Very small area like size of palm. I want to know which dupli color shall I use ? If someone has an idea, it will be great. I already tried dupli color ( for mazda ) and restoleum (universal black), they both are not...
  16. K

2012 CX-9 - Only Bluetooth audio - Phone works, Cannot play songs over bluetooth

Is there a A2DP in 2012 CX-9 Bluetooth ? I am only able to pair and receive/dial calls , but cannot play music from my phone. My Phone is Android ( Samsung note 4 verizon ) . Any idea ? If there is no A2Dp, can I change Bluetooth adapter to latest one ? How difficult would it be and what is the...
Back