Search results

1. K

How to reduce ( Wind ) Noise inside Cabin

I want to get rid wind noise inside cabin specially when cx-9 is at or above 70 mph. Previously my cx-9 used to have lot of noise but after finishing below 2 things, cabin noise is significantly reduced. 1) Installed new ceramic proact brake pads and centric rotors 2) Installed new window...
  2. K

Home transmission flush success

Atf change video - https://youtu.be/n0qDo_yJ-74 Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  3. K

Video - changing rear wheel rotors and brake pads

I recently changed rotors and shoot video of it, so new beginners ( like me ) will benefit from it. Here is the video for rear wheel rotor replacement -
  4. K

Vibrating front end of car when breaks applied above 65 mph. Root cause ?

Ok. Thanks everyone for earlier responses. Here is the new update. Control arm recall done. At the same time I asked dealer to check vibration and noisy sound issue. Dealer related that to warped front rotors and bridge-stone tires . I was offered to replace rotors, which I declined. Then...
  5. K

Hard Gear shaft when car is on slanted surface

Yes. Shifting gear - may be from park to drive or reverse to drive or park to reverse. So it seems my case is not isolated. Thx for confirmation. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  6. K

Hard Gear shaft when car is on slanted surface

I have 2012 awd cx9 touring . Odometer is 50k miles. I have changed transfer case oil twice recently ( with 500 miles distance difference). I'm noticing that when car is on slanted surface, then changing gear is hard and need more force. If car is on leveled road then changing gear is very...
  7. K

Humming sound with vibration - when car is on little slanting drive

Update - dealer inspected car and concluded that it is not wheel bearings but bridgestone tires which are making noise. As per dealer, wheel bearings are part of warranty, but they are in good shape and no need to change. Now I'm stuck. Either I have to a) try new tires or b) take car back...
  8. K

Weak Headlights

Thanks astriuminc. This helps a lot. I am going to order hid conversion kit from amazon and will post details further. Would you be able to give me your opinion for the below mentioned kit ? Thanks in advance. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FC22PFE/?tag=m20b7-20
  9. K

Weak Headlights

This is what I have. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  10. K

Weak Headlights

Lens are clear. Not sure about trim level. How to find it ? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  11. K

Weak Headlights

I have 2012 AWD Cx-9. I never saw such a great suv with such low intensity lights. Is it CX-9 , with weak light intensity ? or is something wrong in my car's headlights, which I should check for ? To eliminate old bulb issues , I replaced all of them ( high and low beam ) recently with below...
  12. K

Thx. My car is covered under extended drivetrain dealer warranty for 7yrs/100k miles (whichever earliest). I need to check with dealer if wheel bearing is covered under drivetrain warranty and if so, I will push him to change it !! Let's see !! Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  13. K

My 2012 - AWD - CX-9 makes humming sound with vibration when on slanting drive. I created video when it happened. Unfortunately , the audio , which I was willing to capture was not recorded as expected (however the real humming sound and vibration is more severe than the attached video/audio)...
  14. K

New Engine, Transmission, Timing Chain and Transfer case

Well, when everything is gona be new now - why would you want to get rid of ? Change PTU oil though, whenever you change engine oil. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  15. K

Transfer Case Issue?

What was the cause for the sound ?
  16. K

2007~2015 Changing CX-9 transfer case gear oil (photos)

Thx for all the info you shared till now.i t is of tremendous help for every cx9 owner. Other than changing oil, do you perform any other maintenance on PTU ? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  17. K

Lots of drivetrain issues

What happened finally ? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  18. K

ATF, Rear Differential Oil , Transfer case fluid change - Videos & Tool sources

Thx. Yes, till it overflows. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  19. K

ATF, Rear Differential Oil , Transfer case fluid change - Videos & Tool sources

I received request to share sources to buy tools/oils for each of the videos I created . So I am sharing all the details. Hope this helps for the DIY projects. These tools/oils are for reference and information only ! *************** ATF Change ******************* Thanks cpb406 and 'Pootie...
  20. K

Flushing ATF - Correct way ?

Thx for your other post on atf flush. I referred all the time while making video. Next time I'm going to do flush and not drain refill. I just couldn't figure out return hose line, which you showed in one of your picture. If you can please post more pics from little distance so it will be...
Back