Search results

1. C

Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Where is everyone buying their factory style mud guards from for the 2016 CX-5?
  2. C

Stopping that incessant rattle from the rear CX-5 hatch

Inside of the door plastic trim? Can you describe the area to look? I*m gonna have to check our CX5, because we get a rear rattle from the back like described in this thread... so I just want to be prepared on where to search for missing nuts.... (LOL - that just doesn*t sound right)...
  3. C

Guide Maintenance Mode for 2016 / 2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

Just curious if either of you were successful in getting the TSB work done past the 3/36 warranty?
  4. C

2016 CX-5 rear brake TSB resolution

Has anyone had a Mazda Service Center actually do the TSB if the vehicle just surpassed the 36k? Is there a DIY thread to do rear pad replacement at home? (I haven*t hit it yet - thx)
  5. C

Wiper Blades

I used to swear by BOSCH and used them on every vehicle for years, including our CX5... However, the last few sets I had purchased for our vehicles, the BOSCH did not last at all... then there was the constant streaking, even after trying to salvage the blades by proper cleaning of the rubber...
  6. C

2016.5 CX5 heated seats` BUYER BEWARE

I guess we missed the buyer beware after purchasing our 2016.5... almost 2 years too late now...LMFAO... Ok, so our heated seats have worked flawlessly since new and still work excellent (on all settings) with nearly 21k accrued daily use miles...
  7. C

Any SiriusXM opinions?

Well, our 2016.5 Touring obviously does not have Sirius however my 2016 Mustang does... After my 3mo trial was expired, I did opt to enroll for a Sirius subscription; I've had my Sirius account in the past on (3) separate Sirius radios (prior to the Sirius/XM merger). I listen to and subscribe...
  8. C

Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

2 questions: 1) Has anyone with a Mazda attempted to see if the USB port part number changed from the 2016 to the 2017 model year? 2) Will a 2017 Mazda software update for the Mazda entertainment system work in a 2016? If so, does anyone know if Android Auto and CarPlay is contained within the...
  9. C

CX-5 owners with factory fog lights - question

For those of you who have a CX-5 with the factory fog lights, when you turn the fogs ON, is there an illuminated icon in the dash cluster or not? Ours is a 2016.5 Touring with factory fogs. I do not see any illuminated icon in the dash cluster when the fogs are turned on, as one would expect...
  10. C

Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Do the Topline fender flares get amounted over top of the existing, or do they replace the existing? If mounted over top of the existing, are they secured by 3M tape?
  11. C

Use new headlights on old mazda cx5

Only way to know is someone has to be the Guinea pig and spend the $$$, do the R&R, then report test results.
  12. C

Broken center console latch (2016)

Update: For anyone who has experienced this issue, according to our selling Mazda Dealer: 1) A broken console latch IS covered under the Mazda 3yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty provision. 2) "It's a common issue with the CX-5" So ours will be getting fixed this Friday under warranty (2016.5...
  13. C

2016 CX5 Armrest Latch Not Lining Up Right?

Just to note: That part that latches, breaks off very easily, even without force. I'm not sure if the failures are occurring due to a tolerance issue or the design issue as shown and documented by the OP in this thread.
  14. C

Broken center console latch (2016)

This same issue just happened with our 2016.5 Touring today! Why Mazda would make that latching part out of plastic is beyond me, especially for a part that is probably used just as much as a driver door.... IMO, that part should be metal - OR at least made of stronger plastic if manufacturing...
  15. C

2016.5 Touring - audio question

Can someone tell me who the vendor or manufacturer is that supplies the factory speakers, head unit and amplification for the 2016.5 Touring? I read a lot on here about "Bose" components being used in the "GT" models, but don't see hardly any mention of the factory components used in the 2016.5...
  16. C

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Question: Why can't the small center headrest be used as the L & R rear seat replacements - instead of the "JDM" headrests? Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears if (2) additional center headrests were ordered they might fit into the same slots as the original "large" headrests... No??
  17. C

2016 CX-3 center dash (2) round HVAC vents - where to buy?

Anyone know the Mazda factory part numbers and if these are available by piece yet? Pricing? Thanks in advance.
  18. C

2016 LED Headlight & Taillight Retrofit to 2015 w/tech

(2) questions: 1) If the connector is different, isn't it just a matter of mapping the pin outs of the existing vehicle connector (or splicing it) into a matching connector to the new headlight assembly? I mean, that's pretty basic wiring 101 for powering up the assemblies. 2) Do you REALLY...
  19. C

2016.5 cx5 is out with power passenger seat, how do we get it? replace?

Just find a wrecked CX-5 - buy only the passenger seat with the power seat track... Run ground and hot wire - bingo, now you have a power passenger seat. Very easy to do.
  20. C

What's the best colour in your honest opinion?

Our 2016.5 Touring is Titanium - pics don't do the color justice. In person, when it's a nice sunny day, the actual color and the metallic flake in the paint really pops. Looks really good once waxed too!
Back