Search results

1. C

Touchscreen Phantom (2020 CX-5)

My '16.5 does it randomly.
  2. C

2014 CX-5 100k service

Read the owner's manual. A 100k service may only be an oil change, depending on the schedule you ought to be on. The big service is 60k/120k. Plus, the coolant is due for a change at 10 years or 120k, whichever comes first.
  3. C

Car Leasing vs Financing

I put $3500 down over the required ($1000?) down payment so the amount owed would always be less than the the value of the truck so I could avoid gap insurance and have money back at the end of the lease to apply to the next truck.
  4. C

Comparing MX+ to dyno

I never thought so. Probably the closest I ever had was a first year VF500F. OTOH, the drop in acceleration in my CX-5 from 1st to 2nd and even 2nd to 3rd, is very noticeable and disappointing. For my uses, I'd like a shorter 1st to crawl into a rough place in the woods I have and I want...
  5. C

2.5 Turbo Engine Considerations

Turbochargers cannot be turned off. They are in the exhaust stream and spin whenever the engine runs. The wastegate, or bypass controller can limit the boost available according to the PCM's programming, but I doubt it can prevent any boost at all. Once the oil temp is up to 160F or better...
  6. C

2.5 Turbo Swap

2.5 Turbo engines are now available used. They use a different trans, too. Will my PCM control the turbo (with a reflash) and tranny? A different ECU or instrument panel for my 2006 MX-5 both contain the VIN and can only be mated once. Once mated, the car will not start if one is changed...
  7. C

Car Leasing vs Financing

I leased a Tundra for 3 years when gas was $1.25/gal. I put in an extra $3500 so I'd get some back for the next trade. Gas went to $3.85 the year the lease was up and you couldn't give away a big truck. For a year or so (remember I put in extra) it was not worth what was owed on it and I...
  8. C

2013~2016 CX-5 200k km maintenance questions

I could not find it this time, either and I used 2 cans of CRC intake and Turbo Cleaner. https://www.crcindustries.com/gdi-ivd-174-intake-valve-cleaner-11-wt-oz/ It was at AutoZone and O'rielly's. It's less convenient because you have to weight the accelerator, or borrow a friend to keep the...
  9. C

I've tried 5 sets of ignition coils! 2020 CX-5

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!! Ignition coils are not a maintenance item, they will likely last the life of the car.
  10. C

2017~2024 CX-5: What strut/coil recommendation for better ride without changing height?

I began to think my shocks and struts were showing wear around 60k miles. I replaced them with Koni Special Actives at 90k. The ride is lots less harsh over small road imperfections, like manhole covers and 1.5" pavement spalls. It is less jiggly or busy, more serene over common suburban...
  11. C

Comparing MX+ to dyno

Wow! The gaps between gears is far too wide. I've been thinking my CX ought to have an 8-speed and here I see why I think that.
  12. C

2014 CX-5 Feels underpowered

Since igozdalski's CX-5 is a manual trans, trying to make it "relearn" might not be what he needs. Also see this thread. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/cx-5-200k-km-maintenance-questions.123880743/post-6797797 I have had improvements in mileage and throttle response (minor) from these. I doubt...
  13. C

Question about replacing one tire

I would have had them install the spare and drove it 3 days until the matching tire came in, where ever I could get it.. When the OEM tires wear out, make them all the same with a tire you like. That Pirelli is probably a good tire. A full size spare will not fit under the rear cargo floor.
  14. C

CX-5 Ride quality on 17” wheels vs 19”?

The CX-5 rides and drives like it was designed for the 17" wheels. rough pavement and mismatches are muted and sometimes go unnoticed. Steering response is good and it feels steady and controlled. I switched to 19s because my previous CX-5 was a GT and I like the sharpened response from the...
  15. C

Anyone have this gunk in engine bay and know how to clean it?

Gunk engine cleaner should work. You have the disadvantage if a white cat that shows all dirt. ;)
  16. C

I'm buying a CX-5

Good for ya! Only one problem, you're about 10 years too late!
  17. C

2016 CX-5 2.2L Diesel service interval question

Yes, near to and north of Chattanooga, TN. I had to learn some SI in college, but never used it enough to think in it. I'm still likely to look at a 12mm nut and think 1/2 inch.
  18. C

2016.5 CX-5 FWD: 60K mile service, all of these needed?

Read your manual and do only what it says at 60k. That is enough. Mazda doesn't have a change interval for brake fluid, but I think its a good idea. I did it at 10 years on my MX-5. See this, also: https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/cx-5-200k-km-maintenance-questions.123880743/#post-6797878
  19. C

I get it at Autozone in the Chattanooga area.
  20. C

A bottle of this every 10k miles, will keep your injectors clean enough. Redline will tell you to run a little every tank. i don't. https://www.redlineoil.com/si-1-complete-fuel-system-cleaner I run 2 cans of this every 30k miles to clean my intake valves. The first time was at 60k and I got...
Back