Search results

1. Z

2014~2018 Does fuel injector cleaner work?

It seems the code P0421 disappeared after I had recently used a fuel injector cleaner. One that you pour in the gas tank when filling up.
  2. Z

2021 CX-30 2.5 S. 2021 model year differences?

Vs. The CX-5, why do you prefer the CX-30?
  3. Z

2014~2018 Code P0421...Is this the part I need?

Anyway, the check engine light would disappear in and out but so far it's gone. I'm contemplating if I should even bother replacing the manifold converter... I'm trading in the car in 1 or 2 years from now. It's a 2015 Mazda 3 isport, 2.0 with about 221,000 miles.
  4. Z

It did fix the P0420 issue but the P0421 code popped up out of nowhere. I'm told that the manifold converter should also be replaced as well. The catalytic converter that was replaced was after market by Bosal. I'm not sure why the box has the Eastern Catalytic brand imprinted on its box though...
  5. Z

I had recently replaced the catalytic converter of my 2015 mazda 3, plus also both the O2 sensors. It has 200,000 miles. I didn't know it also has a second converter under the hood with a manifold. I believe prior to the P0421 code occurring, it was a P0420 code first which was why I decided to...
  6. Z

how easy is it to install a new O2 sensor?

The mechanic I know will do it for $100. I already have the parts. I really hate having to go under my car without a car lift that's why I probably don't even want to try installing it myself.
  7. Z

Can I wash what's under the hood?

Or I could just wipe down with a low lint "shop" paper towel? Those blue looking paper towel?
  8. Z

Codes PO140 and PO171, what are these telling me?

The maf sensor is the idle air control valve or not? Where would the IAC valve for my 2015 mazda 3 be located?
  9. Z

Can I wash what's under the hood?

I was told yes. It's very dusty. So should I spray an all purpose cleaner (I found one on the automotive isle at Walmart)? Can I then spray water all over what's under the hood? I was told yes since my car is Japanese and its computers are internal. I just worry about the wires and connectors. I...
  10. Z

Best and cheapest obd 2 scanner on Amazon?

I've seen on amazon various prices from under $20 to over $20. Any suggestions? Is the #1 best seller a good indicator (Ancel AD310)?
  11. Z

Maybe it's time to replace all 4 ignition coils too since it's already 155K miles? I've never replaced it ever.
  12. Z

Great, now PO300 has just popped up. I was told this is regarding spark plugs needs to be replaced ��
  13. Z

I will. I do have the maf cleaning spray that I used for my old car. The car is a 2015 Mazda 3 isport with 156k miles on it. For a newer car I find it strange that the O2 sensors would go bad that quick!
  14. Z

I will. I do have the maf cleaning spray that I used for my old car. The car is a 2015 Mazda 3 isport with 156k miles on it. For a newer car I find it strange that the O2 sensors would go bad that quick!
  15. Z

Each time I'm at a stop, the car sounds and feels like accelerating. A week after, the check engine light came on with those 2 codes. Also, the car would not start at one time but I kept trying to turn it on, and it started finally.
  16. Z

Are trade-ins ever worth it?

I owe about $6500 more. It was bought new from the dealership. That's why I thought a trade in might be "ideal"? I guess not?
  17. Z

Are trade-ins ever worth it?

My car is a 2015 Mazda 3, over 100,000 miles (do Lyft and Uber). Still owes about $7K. To trade in or not, for a 2018 Mazda3.
  18. Z

where can I buy the repair manual book for my car?

Is it dealership only?
  19. Z

how to install a fog light kit?

I have a 2015 Mazda 3. I see that when I removed the fog light "panel" it looked like it's easy to install/plug and play, but when I called the dealership they said I need the fog light switch as well. How and where does that go? I see cheaper fog light kits for my car for less at rockauto.com...
  20. Z

is it possible for me to slightly dim the dashboard lights?

I read an article that those lights can be distracting during night time driving, so I was just curious if I can dim these dashboard lights by 50%?
Back