Search results

1. S

Battery went completely Dead. Jump-started, now engine is shaky and weak?

Guys , I feel like an idiot here...but it seems the problem was that the engine air filter cover/housing wasn't clamped down all the way. I'm not really sure how it affects the acceleration and engine noise just because of this? Can someone explain why, considering the filter was fitted in...
  2. S

@AVC ok i will do that! You mean to drive without the air filter?
  3. S

Here are some videos guys. Sorry, it's hard to pick up the noise. Not sure if these are of any benefit. In the second video, you can here the engine is quite loud
  4. S

JFYI - I drove my car again. Basically the engine sounds like it's working extra hard. It sounds like it's constantly driving uphill. The sound my engine makes when accelerating on flat road (now) sounds like it did when I was driving up a steep hill before the jump start.
  5. S

This is exactly what I did: I was very careful not to touch anything else. Ok - so what would a MM do if I already know the voltage? Also - from what others have said - it seemed there is no downside to try charging the battery.
  6. S

@yrwei52 So what do you think the issue could be and how i should go about fixing it?
  7. S

@AVC I put it exactly as the one was in before that. This is what i put in: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8IP28G/?tag=m20b7-20 At autozone the measured the battery when the car was turned off. It measured at 12v.I Unfortunately i don't have anything to measure myself. I purchased a...
  8. S

@Mazdiod2 Pretty positive I didn't mess anything up because I simply opened the cover and put it in. Unfortunately, I do not have a code reader. I am putting my money on that because the negative was place on negative, it caused some sort of malfunction, because I did see a spark. I am going...
  9. S

Sorry I meant cigarette lighter. I've driven the car for about 30 miles since this has happened and it's still having issues. Don't you think that would be enough to fix the issue? Also may be worth nothing, i did replace the car engine filter right before this happened. Although I can't...
  10. S

@AVC Thanks for the input! I'm going to buy a cheap voltage tester from Amazon and check. Do you know if the USB ones work good enough? Can you explain what WOT runs are? I've driven the car a few times going over 45/50 mph. I am a bit nervous to continue to drive it incase it will screw...
  11. S

I called Mazda. They seemed to offer little to no information. You guys are much more helpful. They didn't really say there is something to reset the computer system though. He did tell me as well to give it a charge and go from there.
  12. S

Gotcha. I'm considering just going into mazda and have them doing this if I have to pay $50+ to buy this equipment. Can you explain why charging the battery more MIGHT fix the issue if the battery is already charged and running? What will a few more amps do? Also - is there any way to reset...
  13. S

@concept I don't think so. It was some young girl who didn't look like she knew what she was doing.
  14. S

Ok thanks guys. I will start with charging the battery. Will something like either of these do? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077742Y1H/?tag=m20b7-20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TZ12D18/?tag=m20b7-20 Also - when I charge the battery, I can just leave it in (but just need to make sure negative...
  15. S

Ok sounds good! So even though the engine is very loud and week when accelerating? Also something like this won't work? https://itstillruns.com/reset-mazda-pcm-7664242.html
  16. S

Also, when the black negative was connected to negative on my side, I did see a small spark. Reading online, this sounds to be pretty dangerous but not sure if the spark is what ****** my battery
  17. S

@multimut ahhh actually now that I think about it, the jump didn't work the first time when it was connected to metal, so my neighbor moved it into my negative. I usually never do this, but he said it doesn't matter (so I believed him because I am not that knowledgeable). Is it ok to drive if...
  18. S

Thanks for the input guys. So I went to Autozone today. Battery reads completely fine (12v) and the alternator was fine as well. Do you guys still recommend unplugging the battery and charging even though it reads 12 volts? Also - does the battery have to be pulled out of the car to do that...
Back