Search results

1. M

Lug Nuts for Steel Wheels

I have Mazda6 steel wheels for winter tires and wondering if they should have a different set of lug nuts than what I'm using for the stock 16" alloys on my 2014 5. Pretty sure the lug nut set I have is the original, OEM set. I used these lug nuts with those steel wheels for a couple of months...
  2. M

OEM Roof Rack Differences

After some research both here and on other Web sites, it appears that the OEM roof rack for Mazda5 (2006+) is sold under at least two different part numbers: 0000-8L-L09 and CG15-V4-701. Perhaps the two products are not the same. Maybe they are identical. I'm not sure. Most of the listings for...
  3. M

2012+ Mazda5 Custom Sunshades

Found this the other day as I started looking at window tint and alternatives to tint. (One local audio/tint/etc store offers custom sunshades so got me curious.) Has anyone on the forum purchased one of these? I called manufacturer -- company called U-Ace out of California w/ manufacturing in...
  4. M

TPMS and Winter Tires

Questions for those who have winter tires on a separate set of wheels... do you have TPMS sensors or just rubber valve stems? Is OEM the only choice for sensors? Best choice? What about programming them? Is the system going to do it by itself with sort of an automatic relearn or is a special...
  5. M

All Season Tire Recommendation

I read a thread started by 5zoom about Yoko YK580 tires lasting 44K+ miles which is great. I don't think I'll get that much from current tires as I lost about 3/32nds of tread depth in 16K miles. I'm essentially losing 1/32nd per 5-6K miles. (I'm now between 6/32 and 7/32.) Wear has been even...
  6. M

Automatic Transmission Temperatures

Torque Pro app on my Android device is picking up A/T temps at between 88 and 92 C (190 and 198 F) when driving on the highway and fully warmed up. I think city driving numbers were the same. Are those normal numbers for the A/T on the 2nd gen 5? Anybody have a ScanGauge or something similar...
  7. M

2012+ Mazda5 Sport Front Splash Guards Installation

Installed front splash guards the other day. Part number purchased: CC29-V3-450H. The instructions that came with it were for part CC29-V3-450F. Possibly part number for the previous gen? Anyway, there was mention of removal and trimming of a stone guard. I don't have one on my '14 Sport. So as...
  8. M

Road Noise or Tire Noise?

The new-to-me '14 MZ5 Sport w/ 30K miles has brand new Goodride SP06 tires in the front. Not a very popular name but tires have good ratings online. The rears are Toyo A20's. They have different date codes as far as I can tell. Also, one A20 appears to be brand new judging by both appearance and...
Back