Search results

1. R

Transmission details

Last semester, in my design course, we had to model a reducer on paper/in spreadsheets and I was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of gears are in the transmission and their details (size, type, pitch, teeth, etc.). It's kind of a for-funsies thing I'd like to do.
  2. R

Valves ticking?

I totally forgot to post this when it happened, but a little bit ago I had my spark plugs changed and I noticed that there was some ticking which was reported to be the valves opening and closing. Is there a valve cleaner I should try, or is it more involved where the head would need to come off?
  3. R

Bluetooth OBD readers?

Does anyone use one? I'm looking to get one but there are literally tens of different readers out there. I'd like to collect data over time by using torque.
  4. R

2 stick shift knob hardware?

How is the shift knob assembled? Is there an insert?
  5. R

Rear headrests are tough to move/borderline stuck

I was able to push in the button and release them, but it was a ******* monster effort to get them up! I think they need regreasing, but I'm tempted to take them out, steel wool them a little, and regrease them. Anyone have this issue? Any recommendations?
  6. R

AWR Dogbone Mount install

Quick question for anyone that's installed it: Do I have to support the engine/transmission with a jack after I get the car up on ramps to install the mount, or will it go on with no additional supports?
  7. R

Wiring / Electrical Diagram

Does anyone have it, or is it one of those things that I have to get off of ebay?
  8. R

Something strange happened today

I was backing up out of a parking spot, and when I turned the wheel in the opposite direction to go straight, I swear I heard and felt something shift or move near the clutch/brake pedal, on the other side of the wall, and now the 2 doesn't seem to run as optimally as it did. I realize this is...
  9. R

Door lock wiring

One of the things that I miss that the 2 doesn't have is automatic speed engagement door locks, as well as automatic door lock release upon latch engagement from the inside. Has anyone ever installed an aftermarket sensor to activate the locks? Does anyone know what the release engagement looks...
  10. R

Loose A/C vents

Maybe it's because of the horrendous roads in my area, but the A/C vents don't seem to stay open in any orientation, particularly the middle two. Has anyone else had this issue?
  11. R

Hello!

I'm Robert, and I acquired a Mazda2 this past weekend to replace my 02' Camry SE that was in an unfortunate accident. I initially test drove an autostick 3, but the salesman showed me the 2 (manual) and I was impressed enough with it that I bought it!
Back