Search results

1. T

Finally got my Miata

After a year and a half of searching. The price people want for their Miata's here in Portland is incredible. Most are at least double book value. At book value expect to get complete junk. I had to drive 3 hours away to get a decent deal. This is a 2003 Club Sport. Seems there was only 50...
  2. T

Clutch Master cylinder leaking

Anyone replace one of these yet? Seems really early at 75,000 miles. I was reading the service Manuel that I downloaded from this site. The clutch pedal assembly has to be removed with the master cylinder as a single unit. Then I can replace the master cylinder. Ok a lot of work but I can...
  3. T

My new work car. 1989 MX-6 80,000 miles

Seems to run perfect. It will need a lot of maintenance work, all fluids changed, timing belt kit, outer axle boots torn. But the biggest problem I found is mice that made it their home. The elderly woman that owned it drove about 1,000 miles in the last 10 years. So I first found a nest in...
  4. T

1995 with crank keyway damage

I have been looking for a good old un-modded Miata in Portland area ( not easy ). So far I found one at about $3,000 over book price. So now I am considering this 1995 R package Miata ( pretty much the model I want, and a good deal at $2700 ). Someone did not torque down the center crank bolt...
  5. T

Spark Plugs.

I just replaced my spark plugs on my car. I went to a parts house and purchased the NGK ILKAR7L11. I put them in and it seems to be running fine. But the plugs do look different from the ones I took out. It looks normal and you have an electrode coming out of the spark plug. But you also have a...
  6. T

Installed my new Homelink Mirror

I got it from Mazda. It has compass, auto dimming and opens my garage door. Not sure I like it. It seems to be working great so far, its just bigger than the original mirror. Doesn't really let you see more outside the car. You just end up seeing the inside of the C pillars. Kind of wish I just...
  7. T

Mazda emblem on steering wheel peeling

Just noticed my emblem is peeling on my steering wheel. Guess I will peel the rest off. Does anyone know how to remove the emblem. I would like to take it off and paint it black. I don't like the silver away. When the sun hits it I get a glare.
  8. T

Change my Oil and thought I was using Mazda Moly

I ordered some Mazda moly oil from Amazon and changed my oil yesterday. But I don't think this oil is Mazda Moly. I ordered 0000-G5-0w20-MT. But in small print and the bottom of the bottle is 0000-G5-0w20-QT. I am thinking the M in MT means Moly. And since I see I can get a bottle of the QT...
  9. T

Mushy brake pedal (2006 Mazda5)

A friend has a 2006 mazda 5. He was driving and hit a dip in the road. Now the brake pedal is very mushy. The pedal sinks almost like a bad master cylinder. But still stops just over halfway down. He says he now hears a hissing sound when pressing the brakes. I think that is just the vacuum for...
  10. T

Clearing Codes.

For the second time my check engine light came on. And I have been seeng the TCS and TPMS lights come on too ( these two lights go on and off everyday ). I went to the parts store and they pulled several codes. They all seem to point to the Brake Switch A. I get my new switch in the mail...
  11. T

Coverking front seat covers

I've had these seat covers on for about 10 months. I was cleaning my car today and decided to take the seat bottoms off for a good cleaning. I was surprised to see how much dirt was underneath the covers. Not sure if it is doing more harm than protecting. The dirt was imbedded deep into the seat...
  12. T

Flushing the Brake/Clutch fluid

Do I start with the brakes, or the clutch? Or does it matter? My old car had separate reservoirs, so it was not an issue.
  13. T

Speaker wiring harness.

I am wanting to upgrade my speakers on my car. I really want to use a wiring harness for it, but it seems there is not one made for this car. I have not opened up my doors to see what the plug looks like. Do you think its just a matter of time before one is made? Or do you think they will just...
  14. T

2013 CX-5, question about fuel filler flap

I just bought a 2013 CX-5 2.0 manual transmission, 12,000 miles. The car is great. I just filled up the tank today for the first time. I noticed it did not have the metal flap in the fuel filler. Is this normal? If not I have one more month Mazda warranty.
Back