Search results

1. S

2016 GT to 2021 GTR: Giggles and Niggles

I picked up a 2021 GTR on Monday to replace my 6+ year old 2016 GT. With the state of the used car market right now it just made sense, or that's how I'm justifying it anyway :sneaky: Some thoughts on the differences after a whole 5 days of ownership: Giggles: 1) Without a doubt has to be the...
  2. S

2016 GT Wheels on 2021 CX-5 GTR?

Considering trading in my 2016 Grand Touring for a 2021 Grand Touring Reserve (Turbo). I have a set of OEM 19" wheels for the 2016 that I have Blizzaks mounted on. As that was a reasonably substantial investment, whether or not they can be used on the 2021 GTR is a consideration. It looks as...
  3. S

2016 GT / Bose / Front Door Speakers

I'm tired of having to periodically take the Blose "woofers" out of the front doors and repair them when the cones detach yet again (truly awful design btw). I'm long since outside the factory warranty, so I'd like to replace them with something better quality. I've already replaced the front...
  4. S

WARNING: Mazda Mobile Start Owners

I'm somewhere beyond fuming right now. I bought a 2016 CX-5 GT back in 2015, and it came equipped with Mazda Mobile Start from the factory. I activated the trial subscription but felt that it wasn't worth the ongoing subscription fee at the time. Therefore I didn't renew. Fast forward and my...
  5. S

Lease Buyout - Math Check On Aisle 5 Please!

Love my CX-5 and already plan on keeping it 10+ years (fingers crossed), and with interest rates on the rise I'm considering an early lease buyout to lock in a low rate. This is somewhat complex as I'm trying to compare an early lease buyout vs letting it run its term then buying it at the...
  6. S

2016 GT Parchment Leather Problem

Has anyone had a problem with the parchment leather interior on their 2016 GT "turning" for want of a better word? I'm incredibly careful with mine, it gets wiped down with Lexol cleaner every 1-2 weeks and I use the Lexol conditioner every month or two. The driver's seat is yellowing and what...
  7. S

2016 CX-5 / Bluetooth Audio / Android PowerAmp

First of all thanks for the great forum. I lurked for a while before taking the plunge on a 2016 CX-5 and learned a lot from you all. I finally picked it up last week and so far I couldn't be happier! It's a 2016 Grand Touring AWD in Soul Red / Parchment with GT Tech, i-ActiveSense, Mazda Mobile...
Back