Search results

1. S

2008 Mazda3 Transmission Swap Question

I bought a cheap Mazda from my neighbor that has a trans issue. I thought it may be the TCM but that is not the issue. Car has 200k miles on it. I am going to swap the trans out for another one with 125k miles on it. I keep reading that you have to pull the motor to pull the trans out the front...
  2. S

New CX5, paint quality

its above average in that category. I kept hearing how the water based was going to be better then the solvent but just never saw it on any car. The solids in the paint are better, but they just never seem to get as hard or as bonded.
  3. S

New CX5, paint quality

I painted cars up until about a year ago. Mazda paint is far from the the worst paint. Most manufacturers are now using bells to paint there cars colors. They have an insane transfer efficiency compared to any conventional type gun. Mazda paint is towards the bottom, Toyota and lexus probably...
  4. S

Need Help: Considering 2016 CX-5 Purchase, Have Questions!!

Dealer keeps telling me there is no superseeded part for the headlight issue and they know its a problem. I was a mechanic for 10 years, so i understand trans noises vs being whiny. When a trans clunks when downshifting going down a hill thats not normal. When you pull out and it vibrates thats...
  5. S

bluetooth connectivity ?

I have had this same problem since new. Its one of the many issues with this car. The dealer refuses to change out the unit even though they have seen the issue at hand. Good luck.
  6. S

Need Help: Considering 2016 CX-5 Purchase, Have Questions!!

Speaking from my own experience with a 2016 cx5 i would opt to buy any other car you're looking at. I am getting rid of ours as soon as my wife and I decide on the next vehicle. The reasons so far, 30k miles in and its been nothing but a pita. Trans noises, led headlights jave white inner haze...
  7. S

protective film

Xpel has a warranty against peeling, coloring for 7 years, or at least that's what the shop I had mine done at gave me. I paid $2400 for the full hood, full front bumper, full fenders, headlights, Mirrors, A pillars, door cups, 5"s above the windshield,door sills, and rear bumper guard. 26kmiles...
  8. S

1 year, 19,382 miles later review

It really does suck, this is my 4th Mazda. My 05 Mazda 6 just turned 247k miles on the clock. The CX-5 has been in the shop more then that car and its 11 years old with a ton of miles. I was hoping to buy the CX-5 and keep it for 10+ years but I guess that's not reality anymore. Even the "...
  9. S

so now the 26k mile update and about to trade this POS in for something else. I have never owned a car that has been to the dealer so much. I really wanted to like this but at this point its time for it to go and for me to buy something else. The trans makes a noise every time you come to a...
  10. S

TSB on headlight defect 2016 CX5

my dealer is 1.5 miles from my house, the next closest one is 30 miles away which isnt horrible. I just dont think I should have to use another dealer when they are all Mazda. I have been using them since 2005 when I bought my Mazda 6 from them new. They are becoming more and more hard to deal...
  11. S

TSB on headlight defect 2016 CX5

my dealer is telling me there isnt a TSB for this problem and that they can't take care of it. Does anyone actually know the Mazda TSB # for this job.
  12. S

There was no windshield insurance offered at the dealer. I have never actually had a car with a window chip before this one, and I have had over 10 different cars in 20 years. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123840475-re-Cracked-Windshields-on-CX-5-s-and-Poll/page13 I see it...
  13. S

the first chip I got was in town doing 25 behind a car. It wasn't anything crazy. The others where either in town or on the highway. I drove the exact same route with my Mazda 6 for 5 years that I drive now, and that thing has never had a chip in the windshield. I have read plenty of reviews of...
  14. S

So I have had my 2016 CX-5 GT for 1 year now. After putting 19,382 miles on it I figured I would do a quick review and all issues associated with it. Day 1 was great, picked it up from a dealer out of state. The following week, and 400 miles on it the thing started shaking bad when braking on...
Back