Search results

1. A

2013~2016 CX-5 Questions about routine service after 75,000 miles

I have a 2016 CX-5 GT with 75,000 miles. I plan on keeping this car for a while. Have been doing oil changes and tire rotation every 5,000 miles. Other than this, I have done ATF exchange and brake fluid flush once (after 65,000 miles). The only other work done apart from these is the tire...
  2. A

2013~2016 CX-5 Routine service after 75,000 miles

I have a 2016 CX-5 GT with 75,000 miles. Have been doing oil changes and tire rotation every 5,000 miles. Other than this, I have done ATF exchange and brake fluid flush once (after 65,000 miles). The only other work done apart from these is the tire change, filter changes, Airplay installation...
  3. A

2013~2016 Should I change transmission fluid in Skyactiv cars?

I thought Mazda recommends to never change the transmission fluid. I have 55k miles on my 2016 CX-5 and took it to dealership yesterday for oil change. They said Mazda is wrong and showed me some internal Mazda paperwork saying transmission fluid should be changed every 30k miles. Is this true...
  4. A

CX-5 Parking brake malfunction

For the past few weeks 3 out of 5 times when I start the CX-5, I see the following: 1. Red flashing "BRAKE" light near the dials 2. Orange steady "P" light near the dials 3. Flashing "P" light on the electronic parking brake 4. Two warnings in the infotainment reading "Parking brake...
  5. A

Need tire recommendations

My Toyos are really worn out at 43K miles. Felt it was little too early. Is it normal to have tires replaced at 43K? Need some tire recommendations from experts here. Below are my criteria. I live in south Texas and have no need for snow tires. Just the regular all-weather tires is good. I...
  6. A

Tire wear

My 2016 CX-5 GT has 26k miles on it and the original Toyo tires have really worn. I will have to replace it before 30k miles for sure to avoid it being a safety risk. I only drive on paved roads and never drive rash. Is this kind of tread-wear normal? I never had to replace tires before 32-35k...
  7. A

Daytime running lights dim/flickering

I was driving behind a recently-waxed black Silverado and noticed my driver-side DRL is very dim compared to the passenger-side. I checked it out at home and found the driver-side DRL is very dim and also flickering, while the passenger-side is very bright and steady. Since the car is covered...
  8. A

CX-5 broken into

Someone smashed the passenger window of my CX-5 couple of days back when it was parked outside daughter's day care. There was absolutely nothing inside the car and in the glove box. So nothing was lost. Looks like they rummaged through the glove box. Since there was no bags or valuables in the...
  9. A

Puddle lights

Has anyone installed puddle lights on CX-5 doors? If so, could you please share the parts and installation details, and how difficult it is to set up?
  10. A

15,000 mile service

I called the dealer to schedule an appointment for oil change and he said I have to come in for a 15,000 mile service. He said it includes oil change, tire rotation, inspection of fluids, brakes, rotors etc. and some sort of a fuel system cleanup to remove carbon buildup. The quote is $250. He...
  11. A

One year of ownership

I've owned the 2016 CX-5 with tech package for exactly one year and have 15,300 miles on it. Thought I'd share the following. Maintenance done (1) Two oil changes and tire rotations (2) Fuel pipe recall fix Things I love about this car (1) Spirited driving dynamics. Got to drive a CR-v couple...
  12. A

Bonded leather?

Is the leather on The GT trim leather-leather or bonded-leather? Asking because it feels more like pleather (harder and plasticky) at times. My 2008 Accord EX-L had much softer leather in comparison. If it's because of the thick synthetic coating, does it even make sense to use leather...
  13. A

How to remove wax stains from black trim?

Got my CX-5 waxed (carnauba) three weeks back. It looked great for a week and then it rained heavily for next few days. Yesterday, I noticed white wax stains all over the external black trims. I'm not sure whether this was there earlier (from the time the car was waxed) or whether the rains...
  14. A

Mobil 1 oil

Took my CX-5 to the dealership for oil change and noticed they use Mobil 1 0w-20 oil instead of Mazda Moly or Castrol recommended in the manual. Called up couple of other dealerships in the area and everyone's using the same Mobile oil. Is this oil any better or worse than the recommended...
  15. A

Swirl marks

Paint issues like swirl marks and orange peel bother me too much. So I always got my previous car hand washed at a trusted place. The few instances I had to take it to an automated car wash, I chose the touch-less washes. With this regime, my 2008 Accord didn't have any swirls/scratches until it...
  16. A

Rattle from below the screen and near temp control

The colder weather has brought with it some rattles. I hear a continuous rattle (sounds like two low voltage wires rubbing against each other and sparking) from below the screen and near the climate control knobs. It goes away when I press the area. Comes back again after a while. Happens only...
  17. A

Black soot on exhaust tips

The exhaust tips of my 4 month old 2016 CX-5 is blackened with soot and looks like this. My finger gets black when I wipe it. Don't have this problem in my 2005 Lancer. This car is 10 years old, 125k miles and the tips look clean (except for some rust) like this. No black soot. My fingers...
  18. A

Rattle in 2016 CX-5

For the past couple of weeks, I am hearing a mild but continuous rattle from near the driver-side B pillar / door jamb where the bottom part of the glass meets the door. I notice this easily because it is close to my left ear when I'm driving. My wife sitting in passenger seat can barely make it...
  19. A

Oil Change Question

My CX-5 is due for first oil change. Dealer offered lifetime free oil changes as part of the package. Found out today they use Mobil 0w-20 instead of the Mazda Moly or Castrol recommended in the manual. If I have to use the manual-recommended oils, I have to purchase those separately and then...
  20. A

SCBS saved me today

Was waiting at a red light behind a Tahoe and an Escape this morning. The light turned green and we all started moving slowly. Almost immediately the Escape moved to left lane. At the same time, the Tahoe in front of the Escape (now directly in front of me) braked. The idiot's both brake lights...
Back