Search results

1. U

Remember that time...

...when I complained about the newer Mazdas always gathering data about driving telemetry? https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/just-one-more-reason-buying-my-2019-was-a-win.123873999/#post-6708571
  2. U

I said I intended to say a few things…

if the I6 turbo was junk, and I will. A turbocharged I6 3.3L engine that makes...280bhp? Mazda. 1990 called. Even they are insulted. The article excuses this saying the 2.5L Turbo in Oz only makes 228bhp...but that's probably because it's just on their 87 octane base map tune. Even if we presume...
  3. U

CrossClimate2 10,000mi review

I just crossed 10K miles in my Rav4 Prime. I put 235/55/19 105H rated CC2's on it when new. The tires have been exceptional in every way. -Sound: They are quiet. On everything. No pavement types made this tire sound loud or annoying in any way. It is the most uniformly quiet tire I've driven...
  4. U

Off Topic New Vehicle Time

Here in the next few months, I am going to trade the Prime. 1) It did bad in the ice/snow. Even with CC2's, it's HEAVY FWD bias just kills it. No TY. 2) The placement of the HVAC core is where it is very vulnerable to debris, and it is VERY expensive, and VERY fragile, and it is the cooling...
  5. U

CX5 2022 changes...

I have read that the "6 speed is tuned for quicker takeoff". That was long a complaint of mine. Super weak off the line. Anyone know more?
  6. U

Off Topic Rav4 Prime XSE

I am burning over $300/mo in fuel. I am preparing to transition into a rav4 prime xse to stave the bleeding as gas prices continue to rise. Any compelling reasons not to that I may have glossed over?
  7. U

CX-50 vs GV70

Hyundai is dropping a GV70, which is roughly analogous in size to what the new CX50 is purported to be. It comes with a 300hp and 375hp engine option. AWD. An 8 speed. A stunning Genesis type interior. Over the years, Genesis' quality has become a known quantity, even topping JD Power's list for...
  8. U

CX-5 just keeps getting faster with age...

0-60 in 5.8. Nice! I've sure enjoyed mine this last 54K miles!
  9. U

Just one more reason buying my 2019 was a win...

Normally I don't buy first-year vehicles, but I made an exception this time since neither the vehicle, nor powertrain were first year, except as a unit, in the case of my 2019 CX5 GT-R. Boy am I glad I did! Now not only do the 2020+ models have fake engine noise through the speakers, but the...
  10. U

Folding Mirrors

I just cannot endorse Mazda implementation. My passenger side is failing again. The repair cost is $750. Sure am glad I got that warranty. Not 12k past my 3/36 I'm already 25% through it, value wise, and I'm sure the driver's mirror will follow soon. It did last time. Seems 20-25k miles is their...
  11. U

91 vs. 93 octane and GT-R/Sg trim CX5's

I have noted no difference between the two in acceleration. I filmed 0-80 and 0-60 runs, and then watched/edited videos paying attention to the time. These videos were not shot on the same stretch of road, but in both cases I did my best to make sure the pavement was level more or less, and if I...
  12. U

My dealership made an "oops"

I scheduled an oil change for this afternoon, and made my appointment right on time. My CX5 was taken back in a timely fashion and about 45 minutes later, I was told by the manager that they had drained out all of my oil only to discover that...surprise! They have no oil filters in stock for my...
  13. U

302hp RAV4

2021 RAV4 will offer a 302hp version capable of 5.8 to 60, per Toyota. Plug in Hybrid. Tiguan R is alleged to be around 300hp for 2021. What's up ZoomZoom? You got somethin for us?
  14. U

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

Similar performance to the 2.0. Woot. Yay for cold.
  15. U

Bad Fuel

I was going to title it something else, but I remember being 12. I also remember being a day younger, yesterday. I've matured! Anyway, for the last 2 tanks, I've averaged barely 26mpg with my CX5 Turbo. I got fuel again tonight, and BOOM! I am back up to averaging 29-30mpg again. Same station...
  16. U

Folding Mirror Issue

I'm having issues now with the passenger folding mirror. The motor seems like it's worn out. Loud, weak sounding. Doesn't fold out all the way sometimes. The driver's side did this a couple thousand miles ago. Looks like I will be $1500 into warranty work on this vehicle next oil change...
  17. U

20,000 miles in a CX5 GT-R...

To start off, the title is a bit of hyperbole. I have 19,4XX miles on my GT-R, currently. I'd like to begin the description of my time in the car with a short emotional take on it: It's been fun, reliable, surprisingly refined, and a pleasure to drive! Now the nitty gritty... ...I bought...
  18. U

Finally bought new tires

Im at almost 17K miles, and my Toyo A36s had 5/32 and 6/32 (F and R), respectively, last time they were rotated (every 5K miles). They feel unsafe in the rain at present. I finally sacked up and took advantage of the $70 rebate Continental has, and bought some LX25's. I had REALLY good...
  19. U

Mirror folding failure

My mirror fails to fully fold sometimes. Driver side. It seems like it will likely be a relearn procedure (I'll check manual), or a dealer repair. I only have @17k miles and it's a 2019. Please tell me again how my $2400 150k mile, 10 year warranty (bumper to bumper) wont be paying off...
  20. U

Max mpg?

I'm going to give it a go. I've previously just had fun in this thing and do have a bit of a lead foot at times, but I'm going to try to drive like a calm and well-zenned humanbeing, and see what turns up. Here's the first 26 miles of that journey, which will be its own destination, as it...
Back