Search results

1. R

How to convert from cartridge to canister filter Mazda5

leaky oil cooler gasket = me ordering all these parts to convert now. thanks for the writeup and parts numbers.
  2. R

H&R Owners Feedback Wanted

Good call on cross shopping the V50. I also like your thinking about the shorter rear shock. I breifly considered going with mazda 5 specific kyb gas-a-just rears and koni FSD fronts. But those seem geared towards stock springs. I figured if I am spending this amount of money on konis that for...
  3. R

H&R Owners Feedback Wanted

I cant specifically answer your H&R questions, but I am about to start transitioning to Koni Yellows with my Megan Racing springs. As far as I have read they are the only shocks available geared towards lowering/aftermarket springs. I say transitioning because I just got the rear shocks and...
  4. R

Mazda5 Wheel Fitment & Photo Guide

Juppe you will have to roll your fenders with that tire size. May have to play with adjustable camber arms to get the tires tucked in nicely. tompolak you will likely have to roll fenders as well. You might not have to if your van is not lowered but still run the risk of catching the rear tire...
  5. R

Ford Focus Powershift swap into Mazda5?

2012 focus owner here with the DCT transmission. While we haven't had the nightmares that some people have had with theirs, I can honestly say that I much prefer the behavior of a standard automatic (like the one in my 5) than the way my wife's focus behaves. The focus shudders at low speeds...
  6. R

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

last week, overdue oil change, tire rotation, trans drain/fill, reclamped cv boot. took it to a local shop. too cold out for this stuff lately.
  7. R

Koni STR.T Front Struts for MS3

i was cross shopping another part from the V50 a few months ago. my concern was how much more does a mazda 5 weigh. i recall the 5 and v50 were actually very close in weight. much closer than a 5 and mazda 3
  8. R

Intake ...header...exhaust for the 5

if you didnt do it already, remove the intake resonator chamber that runs under the airbox over in front of the drivers side wheel. its held in by 3 bolts and you'll have to drop the fender liner on that corner to get it out. I dont think the van really feels any quicker with it removed (the...
  9. R

The sweet smell of leaking coolant

i get a slight whiff of coolant every once in a while when stepping out of the van. cant spot any leaks anywhere and coolant level is good so I am not worrying about it too much. Temp gauge is reading fine. If that thermostat housing mentioned above is plastic, i know thats a common failure...
  10. R

Hardrace Suspension Components available for 1st and 2 gen Mz5

nice. a lot of options there for when components wear out...
  11. R

Hubs and bearings

Just had passenger front wheel bearing replaced. 95k miles on van. My brother in law had just replaced the passenger axle and helped me install lowering springs, I figure pounding things back together probably killed the bearing. It crapped out really really fast within a week. Shop I had my...
  12. R

Aw yiss. I love those volks. I need to rolll my rear fenders badly, I take a little slice out of the rear tire once a week it seems like.
  13. R

Post pics of your Mazda5

Haha. They do look a lot like 80s-90s benz wheels. The caps say "sporsh" the wheels are Enkei Sporsh. the rears are slightly stretched but its not too ridiculous.
  14. R

Post pics of your Mazda5

I could go either way, I like both, (well as long as its not a reallly ridiculous stretch..). If I ran wider tires on this setup I would have to make further adjustments to get everything to fit, compromising tire wear even more. Biggest downside is the weight of the wheels. I didn't take time...
  15. R

Post pics of your Mazda5

made a lot of changes in the past week and a half. mazda remanufactured passenger axle, megan racing lowering springs, alignment-no camber adjustments (front between -1.0 and-1.2, rear -1.8 and -2.0) 0.08 toe in front, 0.01 toe in rear each side. And of course the new wheel/tire setup...
  16. R

18x8+45 18x9+38 215/45R18 tires megan racing lowering springs, no camber adjustments (front between -1.0 and-1.2, rear -1.8 and -2.0) 0.08 toe in front, 0.01 toe in rear each side.
  17. R

Window tint experience

my state's legal limits are 50% front 35% rear. I decided to go with 35% front and rear. In retrospect I wish I went 35% front and 20% on the rear windows, most all factory tinted vans and SUV's looks much darker than the 35% I went with, I don't think i would have been hassled at all. here...
  18. R

Rear Wheel Camber is Eating Tires

probably not a better choice, but a cheaper alternative... ill be lowering soon and trying the camber bolts. the volvo they are sold for weighs about the same as a mazda5 so they should work out ok. I bought them from rockauto. I might call up the shop i go to for alignments to see if they can...
  19. R

Post pics of your Mazda5

Day One - 08 5 Grand Touring, 79k miles, Golden Sand Metallic. I frickin love this color. 35% tint all around. Big brother MPV in the background. Long term plan - staggered 18" enkei sporsh Next up: Maintenance Stuff. Serious Detailing. Megan Springs. Possibly paint oem wheels white.
  20. R

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

I would say my driving is 95% highway. I have been observing +/-28mpg since buying the van in February. My last tank calculated to 31+ mpg but I am 100% certain the tank did not fill all the way, the needle was at 1/8 tank it only took 11.6 gallons.
Back