Search results

1. M

Can't turn off interior/courtesy lights

Started car up yesterday and "open door" indicator light stays on along with courtesy and dome lights. I can't turn off the courtesy lights. I have checked every door numerous times. Any ideas what the problem is or how to trouble shoot? Thanks.
  2. M

What is that chime or dinging noise?

OK..I figured it out when I turned on Tom Tom. It chimes when I approach a police camera mounted at intersection. Thank you all. Kind of a cool feature.
  3. M

Can't turn off interior lights

Started car up yesterday and "open door" indicator light is on along with courtesy and dome lights. I can't turn off the courtesy lights. I have checked every door numerous times. Any ideas what the problem is or how to trouble shoot? THanks.
  4. M

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Mr Lampy....what is a 3 stage tuner and what impact on performance does it have? thanks.
  5. M

What did you pay for your CX-9?

Just bought a 2014 Touring AWD, fully loaded with Technology Pkge, leather, sunroof, etc with 65K miles for $13.5 K from private owner. Car is in excellent condition, inside and out. Looked for a long time on all the search and listing sites.
  6. M

Show me your rack!

I'd like to see some non OEM roof racks and cross bars. I had OEM rack on my last CX9 but now I want something a little more stylish and European looking. Thx
  7. M

Yes, I have navigation(TomTom) which I never use but I think that's what it is. I'll check settings and read up. Thanks......
  8. M

Need a cheap hard copy owners manual

That's perfect. Thank you so much for finding and forwarding!
  9. M

Tow Hitch

What are our cars only rated to tow 3500 lbs when other simliar models like Highlander are rated for 5000. Is it the frame of our cars? If I put a class 3 or 4 hitch on, am I OK towing more weight?
  10. M

2016 CX-9 dash protection?

Is 303 only available online or do some auto retailers carry it?
  11. M

Need a cheap hard copy owners manual

I know they can be downloaded and printed but I much prefer saving all the toner and paper and getting the compact owners manual. When I bought my used 2014, the owner didn't have it. Dealers want $150....I kid you not.
  12. M

OK....here goes. I'm convinced is when I pass certain shopping plazas or stores b/c it reoccurs on the same places....strange. I have the 14 Touring AWD with GT technology package.
  13. M

I occasionally will hear a subtle chiming of 3 chimes but nothing appears on displays. It sounds like someone tapping a glass of water with a spoon. Any help?
  14. M

2011 Roof Racks

I like factory rails and they are pretty stout although not as sold as Thule and Yakima. I think the 100 lb rating is conservative/safety rating as I've had 2 kayaks on my OEM bars weighting about 140 lbs with no flexing or problem.
  15. M

Replacement Key Fob? 2014 Tourning AWD

I too only have 1 key with my 2013 as dealer didn't provide the extra. Can I get a $75 key off ebay as mentioned above and reprogram myself? thanks.
  16. M

Leather Seat Cleaner/Conditioner

How do you apply conditioner and clean if you have grit/stuff in the perforated holes? Do you need a toothbrush to get stuff out first?
  17. M

Fog light installation Q's

Hi....I have a 13 Touring that only has the black shrouds/knockouts. I want to install the Hella 90 mm lights and need to know 2 things. First, do you know if there's wiring for fog lights under the bumper or will I need to provide that? Also, can I drill/dremel the holes in the black knock outs...
  18. M

HID Conversion, to do or not to do

I don't own the foglights now so I'm trying to decide what kit/parts would be a nice color match with the DDN HID upgrade while still maintaining the OEM look of the round fogs they use. So if I get 2 kits, should I get 35W for the fogs and then order some Hella 90 MM lights and factory shrouds...
  19. M

Thanks....so is the kit for one light assembly or both lights? Also, I want to put similar HID's in fog shrouds....do you know if DDM makes those? Otherwise, I might go the Hella route and get factory cutouts so I don't have to drill the plastic fillers there now. Just looking for a good light...
  20. M

I want to do this conversion with 5000K HIDs. What will be the performance and aesthetic differences between 35W and 55W ballasts? My goal is simply noticeably better driving visibility at night, without creating a blue look or blinding other drivers. Thanks.
Back