Search results

1. F

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

Glad to see persistence pay off for those suffering with this issue. And good to see the official reason coming from Mazda. The philosophy of their AWD system is to predict tire slippage and hence get in front of it. I'm not surprised this was the reason all along. More so with the CX-5 being...
  2. F

2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback Backseat Space for Front Facing Car Seats

He sits behind me. His little brother in a still rear facing car seat sits behind the front passenger. Installing the car seat on the car itself at the dealership seems like the best way to find out. I was just hoping someone else with kids purchased the Mazda3 Turbo hatch. Thanks for taking...
  3. F

I have been driving a loaner 2020 CX-5 GTR for more than a week now. Unfortunately the weather has not gone below 32F here in Texas. So I'll probably never see the issue. But would very much like to test it if the temps do drop. And yes, all season tires, regardless if it is OEM or not, will...
  4. F

Wow I'm surprised this thread is still going... Mainly surprised that Mazda has not done anything to quell the complaints in this thread. Maybe it is not an issue with overboost, but a boost creep issue in cold weather with their fancy dynamic pressure turbo. I admit to not having read all the...
  5. F

Worried about my MazdaSpeed3

A stock Mazdaspeed3, on a stock tune, maxes out at around 15-16 psi. A stage 3 93 octane tune that pushes about 15 psi seems weird to me. On my stage 3 93 octane tune from Stratified, I would hit 20-21 psi on 4th gear runs. Tuning it down to 10 psi would be neutering the car. I would just stock...
  6. F

2021 Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback Backseat Space for Front Facing Car Seats

Does anyone with a 2021 Mazda3 Turbo Hatchback have front-facing child car seats installed in the back? If so, can you comment on how tight the space is for the kids? I'm currently driving a 2013 Mazdaspeed3, which per reported rear seat dimensions, has a little more rear legroom (36.2 inches)...
  7. F

Hmm the idea of reduced power due to to false knock from vibrating motor mounts in cold weather, it does seem plausible to me.
  8. F

Interesting Article On Mazda

He mentioned new powertrain options this year for the Mazda3. I wonder if that means we will finally get an AWD 2.5T Mazda3.
  9. F

You are only expected to be getting 310 ft-lbs of torque at the gear they dynoed the car in, probably 4th gear or 3rd gear. At 1st and 2nd gear, with the turbo at full boost, you are going to get more than 310 ft-lbs of torque. From what I've read on here, at 3rd gear and above, you are getting...
  10. F

My guess is that new exhaust manifold that Mazda is using that allows the engine to make instant boost at low RPM, maybe it is a little harder to control than regular turbocharged engines? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, yeah as has been suggested, those that have data should take it to the dealer...
  11. F

I would suggest appealing to Cobb Tuning to create an Accessport for Mazda's 2.5T engine so hopefully a tuner can sort this out. For the Mazdaspeeds for instance, tuners could disable the boost/torque restriction in 1st and 2nd gears that Mazda programmed into the Gen2 cars.
  12. F

Love all the data that has recently been shared! @Jeff F, what app are you using to make these graphs? They kinda look like Virtual Dyno graphs. @Odrapnew looks like you're still considering getting a CX-5 turbo. So I take it, the low power instances weren't as bad as you thought it would be?
  13. F

There it is! On that first run, the boost only gradually went up towards the end of the run. On the second run, you got max boost right away. Very interesting.
  14. F

Sounds like the tune is pulling boost to maintain traction in 1st and 2nd gear. I mean you did say you were going WOT in 1st and 2nd gear at 8F. They did a similar thing with the Gen2 Mazdaspeed3s, but that was because it was FWD and made 280 ft-lb of torque easily, not because it was cold...
  15. F

Time frame for when the 2017+ CX-5 exhaust will come out?

Man that is a beautiful looking axle back exhaust. Makes me want to buy a turbo CX-5 so I can get the exhaust installed haha.
  16. F

I would just log the WOT acceleration runs. Actually, if you can datalog on the same roads at different weather temps, that would very interesting data to look at. I don't know if it can, but if you can load the logfile data from Torque into Virtual Dyno, then you can even compare the...
  17. F

Did we get answers? There's just not enough data in this thread to figure out what's going on really.
  18. F

This happen to anyone's CX-5??

Same issue on our 2016 GT. I actually forgot that we had this issue until this thread reminded me.
  19. F

A presumed safety item that isn't safe - daytime running lights

Maybe the easier solution is to leave it on the AUTO setting. And tell the other people using the car to leave it on the AUTO setting. My dad kept doing the same thing in his Accord. Kept turning off the lights when he turns off the car. I told him multiple times until he learned to just leave...
  20. F

Lack Of Headroom In CX-30

The CX-30 to me, is basically a lifted up Mazda3 hatchback. Getting inside one feels like getting inside a Mazda3 hatchback that has more ground clearance. I don't think they increased headroom that much for this car.
Back