Search results

1. H

Fast forward or rewind a music track on Android Auto?

"On my car (2016), if you press and HOLD the << or >> it will fast forward." This does not work in my 2020, no matter how long I hold the button. Anyone else?
  2. H

MotorTrend 2021 Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5?

I recently test drove the 2021 RAV4 and the 2020 CX-5. The advantages of the RAV4 seem to be correct. Some disadvantages of the RAV4 not mentioned: whiny road noise was very noticeable above about 45 mph front seat headroom (driver or passenger) was BARELY enough for my 5’11” husband... I can’t...
  3. H

Tip for finding hard to locate dash buttons

These are also a great idea for people with low vision, such as from macular degeneration... most often used button on remote control, microwave, bed control, etc.
  4. H

Simplified. What percentage off the CX-5 sticker?

Why does Mazda include a "Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee" of $1100 as part of the MSRP? Doesn't each dealership determine its own delivery/handling fee? For instance, my local dealership charged $479 for that, not $1100.
  5. H

Recently purchased CX-5? Looking for percent off feedback

We just bought a 2020 CX-5 GT w/PP (black) a week ago. It was the last 2020 on the lot at a smaller dealership. Excluding Delivery/Handling fees (either on window sticker or actual paid), the MSRP was $33,560. We paid $29,125, which included a $2750 factory rebate. So I guess that would be about...
  6. H

My solutions to phone placement dilemma in new CX-5 (Photos)

That looks very handy, Hal. Is this the one you ordered? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VZMHWD8/?tag=m20b7-20
  7. H

Floorliners for 2021 CX-5 GT

Looks great! I just ordered these in black from Auto Anything.
  8. H

New CX-5 - When Should I really get my first oil change?

Thank you, yrwei52. That was a very helpful explanation.
  9. H

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and Mazda6 models

I haven't noticed that with my new 2020, but I'll listen for it over the next couple of days.
  10. H

There are three choices, once you select Vehicle Status Monitor from the Applications menu: Scheduled Maintenance, Tire Rotation, or Oil Change. Oil change can be set to fixed or flexible. Initially it was set to Fixed. On the Fixed setting, it says oil change due in 4717 mi., no time given...
  11. H

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

So, you got the one from Mazda that is soft and sort of shapeless, and attached that first, and then added a fitted all weather mat on top of that for the floor? I have a German shepherd that sheds a lot, still trying to figure out the best arrangement. I hate vacuuming dog hairs off the...
  12. H

Good points, thanks. We just bought it, but the date of manufacture per door jamb sticker is 07/20, so that would make the 1st oil change in 6 months anyway.
  13. H

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, zroger. Would your opinion on when to do the first oil change differ if the first two oil changes/tire rotations were included free with purchase, but only within a 12-month period? I was thinking based on that, to just get the oil change done at 6 months and...
  14. H

High Mileage CX-5s - report in

Had a 2015 CX-5 Touring AWD, purchased new, traded in at 112,691 miles. Attached pdf file is maintenance log with mileage noted. Other than routine maintenance, battery, tires, and windshield replacement, there were just a few issues: Rear brake pads changed at 61,461 miles. Driver-side brake...
  15. H

2017~2024 Side effects from forgetting to turn engine off

In my 2015 CX-5, the battery died due to my daughter's boyfriend not fully understanding how to completely turn the car off after parking it in the garage. Upon jumpstarting the battery, the gas gauge showed empty. Unbeknownst to me, it was actually completely full, which I found out when I...
  16. H

2016.5 CX5 GT AWD...Transmission fluid change?

Thank you for clarifying. That makes sense. To each his/her own.
  17. H

I chose this vehicle based on its excellent suite of newer safety features, along with the good track record of our previous CX-5. No car is perfect. We also test-drove a RAV-4, and did not care for some of its issues. (Loud road noise/whine above 45 mph, very little head room for driver and...
  18. H

Thank you, Ruth, and Sm1ke. I think that is solid advice on the transmission and brake fluids. Sm1ke, we're not really DIYers for car stuff, beyond changing wiper blades and air filters. Especially after reading about Digbick's ATF saga. I will leave that one to the professionals. :) Ruth, the...
  19. H

I'm also wondering about the change intervals for the transmission fluid, as well as the brake fluid and rear differential/transfer case fluids. Neither the 2015 manual nor the 2020 manual specify any sort of change interval, other than 'change the rear differential / transfer case oils if the...
  20. H

Coolant

Thanks. That's pretty applicable to my car and driving conditions.
Back