Search results

1. dougal

Year 2 CX-90 changes?

Well, 0.80 for GH and 0.85 for the Mazda. The hybrid is fast - no question about that.
  2. dougal

Year 2 CX-90 changes?

Like this: https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/grand-highlander-hybrid and this https://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-90 What I found surprising is that the CX90 has much better highway MPG.
  3. dougal

Dealer $$ Cost CX-5

The CX-9 GT was ~45K. You got it for 37K? That is unbelievable! To the OP, tell the dealers what you want to pay and wait for one to bite. They are not your friend. It is a business deal.
  4. dougal

Level 2 Charging experience (CX-90 PHEV)

That is the way to do it and this is the perfect car for your situation. The PHEV is the vehicle that would fit my situation as well and I need to purchase my next car with my brain and not my heart (which wants the inline 6).
  5. dougal

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

That is exactly what my dealer had told me and the one thing I thought they were wrong about. Everything they said - for 6-9 months was correct. The CX-70 would be the same size as the CX-90 with less rear trunk space. I had assumed it was because the removed the hump but it must be for some...
  6. dougal

CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

Rumors are that the starting price for the CX-70 3.3 Turbo will be ~$40K and $52K for the Turbo S. PHEV will be roughly the same price as CX-90.
  7. dougal

Also, they are not journalists. They are influencers.
  8. dougal

What car did you learn to drive on?

Unfortunately, those are all gone. The 928 was my brothers and when he got married the car was wrecked by the wife. And the E-type was an absolute bear to maintain and my local shop traded me two MGB's and a parts car for the E-type and thought me how to do repairs on it. This was 1986 and I was...
  9. dougal

They had a record year last year and are profitable. Again, they are a company, offering a product. If you like the product and it fits your needs, buy it. If you don't like it and it does not fit your needs, don't. This is a free market and the market will decide.
  10. dougal

You people complaining about Mazda are funny, as their sales are better than ever. Let the market decide if their strategy will work out. Me, I will need to see what is different between the CX-70 and CX90 to see which is better for me (if either).
  11. dougal

The pictures have leaked and yes, it is the CX-90 with a third row delete.
  12. dougal

What car did you learn to drive on?

I learned how to drive in a 1976 Chevy Impala and learned how to drive stick in a 1986 Porsche 928. My first "car" was a 1968 Jaguar E-type.
  13. dougal

Honestly, I find it odd that there is so limited web chatter about the CX70. That makes me think it is going to be very, very similar to the CX-90. Just a two row CX-90 with slightly different shape (by bumpers and maybe hatch, etc) but with a sportier drive.
  14. dougal

Dealers are saying things to get you to buy a car they have on the lot. My dealer has told me the same thing - CX-70 is the same thing as the CX-90 but with two rows. The front and second row are identical to the CX-90 but the rear cargo area is smaller. I believe they are saying that because...
  15. dougal

The Genesis GV80 can be had as a 5 seater or an 7 seater. I can't think of a single car model that was the exact same as another model except for seating differences. From the sounds of it, the body will be a little different than found on the CX90.
  16. dougal

Year 2 CX-90 changes?

Not sure if my dealer is blowing smoke but he said the next "major" release will be the 2025 model, released in late summer/fall of 2024 with availability in the Nov/Dec time frame. He said they are doing running changes/fixing things. Most things are electronic.
  17. dougal

The CX50 is still hampered by limited availability. My local dealer has 111 CX-5s and 18 CX-50s for sale. The second most common car at my local dealer is the CX-30 -48 of those. If I look at multiple other dealers, that ratio is similar. People buy what vendors have.
  18. dougal

CX-70 delayed to next year

No way. Just because it has those seats does not make it comparable. dwswager is 100% right. Those rear seats in the X5 and in the GLE for that matter, are TINY. There is zero point of those. That is also why those stupid comparisons between the X5, GLE and CX-90 were so stupid.
  19. dougal

Wow, I did not realize how close the CX-50 and CX-60 were in size. I just keep thinking Mazda is going to cheap out and do something simple.
  20. dougal

I have a feeling that the car is going to be very similar in length and space to the CX-60 but with the width of a CX-90. The reverse of the CX-8 and CX-80.
Back