Search results

1. X

Water pump symptoms?

When ours went you could see coolant running down where the transmission meets the motor.
  2. X

Air in power steering line

Ok, I was told by a Ford mechanic that these pumps and lines are notorious for trapping air in the lines.
  3. X

Air in power steering line

Anyone know how to bleed air out of the power steering line? I've searched high and low for a solution but haven't found one.
  4. X

2007~2015 Possible Engine Leak 3.7L

Hmmm...Looking at your pic. What color is your coolant?
  5. X

Water Pump failure led to need for new engine - Mazda not helping at all

Nope. Did it with the motor in the car. It was very similar to the job I had to do when the variable valve timing cam went out on my MazdaSpeed3.
  6. X

2007~2015 CX-9 Timing Questions

If you had the top cams locked with the tool you can just rotate your crank back clockwise to the TDC mark. That is if I’m fully understanding what happened.
  7. X

2011 Mazda CX-9 Valve Cover tightening sequence?

What part of the spark plug has oil? It’d be pretty tough for oil to get down into the spark plug tube from the valve cover gasket unless your seals are completely trashed.
  8. X

Water Pump failure led to need for new engine - Mazda not helping at all

My pump failed last Tuesday. I did the job myself and replaced the pump and all timing components and chains. Engine was coated in milkshake oil. I finished the job and fired her up tonight. She is now purring like a kitten. Have 185k miles on it and knock on wood this has been the only major...
  9. X

2016~2023 Identify CX-9 Rubber Hose Near Intake

Looks like some sort of breather hose.
  10. X

What's the difference between the 2008 CX-9 and 2010 CX-9 3.7L Engine?

Same motor. Water pump has more fins on the blade but pretty much the same pump and same bearing failure issues with that pump.
  11. X

2014 Mazda CX-9 continuous engine problems...Help!

6000$ is crazy. Got quoted 3200$ from the dealership here to do water pump and timing chains.
  12. X

2007~2015 Possible Engine Leak 3.7L

Ok so to answer the one question, yes that motor mount has fluid in it. Also when my water pump went just the other day it dumped coolant right where you are looking. The weep hole for the water pump ejects right in that pocket. I doubt it is oil coming out of the valve cover. My car had 185k...
  13. X

Problem solved

It was definitely the pump gear. I scoped the upper motor and dropped the pan. Everything looks good. It wasn’t a hard stop and not metal on metal. Tension at the crank aligned with tension in the water pump gear.
  14. X

Problem solved

Solved
  15. X

Problem solved

Starter was jammed
Back