Search results

1. J

Need help - '14 CX-5 rough engine idle after replacing spark plugs

Quick update: Checked for vacuum leaks, and found nothing. So continued with replacing parts. I checked with a scanner again, and there were still no stored or pending ODBII codes coming up. New coil packs came in and i replaced them all, not just Cyl 4 since i figured im at 120k and if one...
  2. J

Quick update. I took the car for about a little over 6 mile drive on straight roads, some with speed bumps, and up and down hills, and the car ran decent with no dash lights popping up. I've noticed that the stuttering/hesitation only happens at low RPM/speed, and once it gets higher, then the...
  3. J

Thanks for the assist guys, i'll disconnect the battery again and then take it for a spin (most likely 5+ miles), can report back if any new lights pop up. Definitely strange to come out of no where. but one more quick question, could rough idle be caused if the spark plugs were put in to...
  4. J

Thanks, I'll check the mounts and see whats going on there. I have somewhere to go tomorrow, so i'll take it for a spin and see what happens.
  5. J

To be honest, no. The car was running fine and besides the slight hesitation every now and then that i mentioned, everything was running completely fine. as soon as i turned on to that on ramp, it came out of no where.
  6. J

Thanks, i'll try driving it a bit and see if there are any changes. Main concern with that was i didn't want to potentially cause damage to anything like the catalytic converter, especially since there are no lights on and wouldn't know. I'll give it a go.
  7. J

Thanks, i'll try that and see what happens. If anything, hopefully it would throw another error code if anything was seriously wrong. Are there occasions where an engine would need to adjust to new spark plugs?
  8. J

Thanks, not sure if this would be related though as i don't have any check engine lights on.
  9. J

Thanks. The battery was disconnected while i replaced the spark plugs, so the engine computer should have reset then, no? or do you suggest i disconnect again?
  10. J

Hey All, Quick background on issue: Saturday morning, car started up fine with no issue and after a few minutes of driving, as i go to turn onto the highway, all of a sudden it felt like i had a flat tire. So i kept driving a couple of feet and then the Traction Control, Tire Pressure, and...
  11. J

Off centered steering wheel?

Thanks halfast3, will definitely keep all that you said in mind when i go for the appt.
  12. J

anyone have any ideas/input? expecting a call from them tomorrow to go back in and have it looked at again. (gah)
  13. J

call me crazy, but looks like i am having the same issue except my wheel is turned to the right. Been to the dealer about 5 times to do alignments and still have the issue. I've done some research and it seems that alot of places say to try adjusting the tie rods and that usually fixes it, not...
  14. J

Officially an owner of a Sky Blue!

Hey guys, so i have been to the dealer about 5 times now trying to get this resolved and they do nothing but alignments and the issue remains. Bought it from Tasca Mazda, who i suggested to everyone until now. I made a quick youtube video showing what i am having issues with and what the...
  15. J

Dont think it was an actual dealer demo, i just assume it has been test driven once or twice since i got it with 29 miles on it.
  16. J

Thanks guys, i will give them a call tomorrow to check it out. Thinking maybe when it was used for test drives it could of been knocked around a little
  17. J

So i drove home a Sky Blue Sport with Bluetooth on Sunday. Its amazing. But i did have a silly question. I am in no way a car buff so forgive me. The steering wheel is slightly turned to the right normally and I have noticed that when i straighten/center the steering wheel , the car starts to...
  18. J

Am i getting a good deal?!

So i ended up taking home a 2014 Sky Blue Mica Sport with Bluetooth on sunday and regret nothing!
  19. J

If not TruCare, then where does one go to get estimates? Edmunds?
  20. J

Yea i have a Mazda 3 so i should be able to get the loyalty bonus. But i didn't know about the dealer cash, thanks for letting me know!!
Back