Search results

1. P

CX-5 Tune Up - Time or Miles?

Hi All, I'm going to have to take my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD into the Dealership to get the flickering light ring replaced under recall and was wondering about your Thoughts on getting a tune up while they've got it there. I've had the car since Aug 2015, only have 36K Miles on it, bought it as my...
  2. P

Apple Car Play

Hi All, I was notified by Mazda that Mobile Start was going to be discontinued and they were offering me the Apple Car Play installed for free. I'm somewhat Older ;-) and don't use my Phone while Driving and have been OK with the Mazda GPS System, I'm saying that as I know that supposedly Apple...
  3. P

Glazed Front Brake Rotors

Hi All, I have a 2016 CX5-GT AWD (32,000 miles) and on a 10 day trip to the Texas Coast ( Yes we have one ;-) ) when we returned home my brakes started kind pulsing when I come to a stop. I tried to clean them with some hard stops, but nothing seemed to help. I finally took it to my Mechanic...
  4. P

Speedometer Dashlight Pulsing Off and On

Hi All, 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD 32K Been a long, long time since I posted, but have had a strange thing crop up in the last couple of days. I was typing in some upcoming locations into my Nav System, when all of a sudden it just shut down and the screen went black and I could not get it to...
  5. P

ECM Voltage Reading

Hi All, Several months back I'd gone on a long trip and when we got home my 2016 CX 5's battery was dead, and I'd left my UltraGage hooked up but also the battery had been showing subtle signs of going out. So, I hooked up my UltraGage again yesterday and it was showing the ECM Voltage from...
  6. P

Battery Suggestions

Hi All, Just returned from a long trip almost 2 months and my 2016 CX 5 GT AWD that was left at home in the Garage wouldn't start Let me rephrase that, it was completely dead. I tried to get any signs of life, but nothing, I even tried my Wife's Remote to just double check and nothing. I...
  7. P

GPS Can't Find Major Attractions

Hi All, I've been trying to find figure out why my GPS on my 2016 CX5 GT AWD can't seem to find local attractions ??? I've updated to the Newest Map, after having this problem on an earlier Road Trip, it couldn't even find a local Pier that I was parked in Front Of or have it in it's...
  8. P

Small Windshield Rock Pings

Hello All, Been a long time since I checked in, looks like everyone's still very pleased with their CX-5's. I'm coming up on my 1 yr mark, have to kind of laugh as I only have 6K miles !!!! Since, I've retired it's amazing how some days we don't even leave the Property, but have to say, it's...
  9. P

Aftermarket Tie Down Bolts

Howdy All, Well, getting ready for a little Road Trip, putting a few things in the hatch around the spare tire and noticed the Tie Down Bolts aren't there. I checked on the forum, found they're available from the Dealership, for about 50 for both. I'd ask the Dealership were they are but...
  10. P

Curious About Vents / Grill

Howdy All, Had seen these Vents or as I'd thought were speaker grills in the back left and right corners of along the back hatch wall on either side liftgate. I was just wondering what these are for, venting for the Tail Lights or ?????????? I'd tried to see if there was anything in the...
  11. P

Front Body Protection

Howdy All, I know this is going to show my age, but I've been looking at getting something to protect the front body panels, headlights, and front part of the hood. I've only had my White Mica CX-5 for a little over 5 weeks now, have 250 miles on it and already have a few spots on the lower...
  12. P

Finally

Howdy All, Well, got the call yesterday afternoon that my CX-5 that I'd ordered had Finally arrived and I could come and get it today. Needless to say it was hard to sleep last night and we arrived at the Dealership 30 mins earlier than our appointment;) I have to say all the research, time...
  13. P

Website For Auto Neogiations

Howdy All, I'd found a really good link on here about negotiating and buying a car, but now I can't find it. It had a lot of good info and I was telling a friend about it, but now after looking for a while I can't seem to locate it. If anyone knows where it is or has it saved I'd really...
  14. P

Suggestions for Brand of Tint Films

Hello All, Interested as to what your thoughts are on the different Brands / Types of Tint Films. I've been looking at 3M Crystalline and Llumar CTX Cerematrix. Living in Texas it gets pretty warm here and the Sun is brutal when the car is left out in it for an extended period of time...
  15. P

Thoughts On Special Ordering CX-5 with All the Options or ???????????

Thoughts On Special Ordering CX-5 ( Additional Question) Howdy All, Ready to pull the trigger on finally getting my 2016 CX-5 GT AWD, White / with Black Interior, with the Tech Pkg, I-ActivSense, AWD these are somewhat rare birds here in Texas. There's a few around but I'm wanting to purchase...
  16. P

Mazda Mobile Start ?

Howdy All, Been waiting anxiously for my 2016, it looks like June/ July for me. In going over the options list, I started seeing something that I hadn't seen before and that was the : Mazda Mobile Start Smartphone-controlled remote engine start system with car-finder and door lock/unlock...
  17. P

2015 Consumer Reports on CX-5

Howdy All, Got the new Consumer Report Buyers Guide and has some interesting results for the 2015 Mazda CX-5 Here's Their Scores Much Better Than Average: Engine Major/ Engine Minor, Engine Cooling, Transmission Major / Transmission Minor Fuel System, Electrical, Climate Control...
  18. P

Fort Worth Auto Show

Howdy All, Went to the Fort Worth Auto Show Thursday, Nov 6th, wanted to sit and check out the CX-5 again and also the new 2015 CRV. I have to say I'm still in love with the CX5 and I keep trying to wait Patiently for the 2016 to come out. We sat in the GT version several times, we'd go and...
  19. P

Best Tires/ Wheels for Long Road Trips

Howdy All, Still trying to learn and figure things out. I was just wondering with the 19 inch wheels and tires for the GT model are those going to stand up to long road trips traveling across the US? I'm not talking about true off-roading but so many times you have to drive on rocky, gravel...
  20. P

Mazda CX-5 Quickness VS Mazda 2010 3S

Howdy All, Just wondering, had heard a few grumbles about the CX5 2.5L motor with Auto not putting out much power. I was just wondering if any of Y'all have driven or drive a Mazda 3S with the 2.5L engine and Auto Trans? The reason I'm asking is that my Wonderful Wife's car, is the 3S and...
Back