Search results

1. P

Wiper replacement on 2016 CX5

My passenger side blade ripped in this last snow storm and I was going to replace them. I got these Peak wiper replacements, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them installed. Looks like I need to somehow detach the 3-piece plastic shroud on the original blades and put them on...
  2. P

Can't get the rear brake piston to compress! 2016 CX-5

I need my car tomorrow and I'm trying to do a brake pad/rotor job on the rear. I got the old rotor and caliper replaced but when I went to compress the piston back into the caliper, I followed the instructions here...
  3. P

Can body panel above left rear bumper be DIY repaired?

Someone backed into my '16 CX5 last week and I got a settlement from Progressive (her insurance company) for $900. I'm considering a DIY repair as it's not incredibly bad, but I'm not sure. I can reach under the fender and pop the dent back out with my hand for the most part, but if i just push...
  4. P

Infotainment system reboots many times when cold on 2016 CX-5

I've had my car in twice for this issue. The first time they upgraded the firmware, the second time they replace an MC unit (I think that's what they called it). Still whenever the temperature gets below 30 degrees (usually around 25 degrees) at night, the next morning the infotainment system...
  5. P

infotainment system keeps rebooting when cold.

I have a 2016 CX5 Grand Touring and I live in central PA. When the temperature drops below freezing overnight (which it does most of the time in winter here), the infotainment system keeps rebooting multiple times until the cabin warms up. Once the cabin warms up, it's fine, but I can't use the...
  6. P

low speed clicking noise in right rear wheel of 2016 CX5

My 2016 CX5 has around 22k miles on it (already) and lately I've been hearing this clicking noise at low speeds that seems to be coming from the right rear wheel. It goes away when I apply my brakes and either goes away or is masked at higher speeds. Was going to pull the wheel, but wondered...
  7. P

Brake problems with 2014 CX5

My car has 50K miles on it and i'm going to need to replace the front rotors AGAIN! what the heck? at about 25k miles the rotors started vibrating on braking. took it to the dealer thinking it was still under warranty and they said no, that's brake parts - not covered. they said the rotors were...
  8. P

2014 brake problems

With only 25k miles on it, my CX5 had warped rotors which caused the brakes to pulsate when applied. This was not covered under the original bumper to bumper warranty. I replaced the rotors with NAPA rotors but the problem returned after only about 6k miles. Is it the brake pads? I know I should...
Back