Search results

1. M

Best Alternative to CX-5

We have the red on our 2017 CX-5. Still get tons of comments on it. One guy I know likes it so much he's going to paint his Skyline that colour. As far as CarPlay, my Pilot has it and I rarely use it. The only time I do is when going on a trip. If I didn't have it, I'd just use Google maps. If...
  2. M

CX-5 Cylinder deactivation

I had a 2014 Honda Odyssey that was just over 3 years old with fouled spark plugs and failed piston rings at 70,000kms (42,000miles). Asked how much of a bill it would have been out of warranty. They told me it would be around $1600. I do hope Mazda has figured out the issues with cylinder...
  3. M

A question on steering wheel

That is by design. Especially when compared to the RAV4. Toyota creates appliances. Honda creates mass market vehicles with some pretence to sportiness (depending on the model) and Mazda tends to design a more driver's focused vehicle. If you drove a new CR-V, you'd probably notice it was a...
  4. M

Bluetooth Import Issues

I would suggest getting it checked at the dealership. We had some issues with our infotainment system when we owned a CX-3 and the dealer loaded an updated version into it. All issues were gone.
  5. M

CX-9 least reliable on Consumer Reports

I owned a CX-3 that had infotainment issues. Took it into the dealer and they upgraded the software to the newest one, fixing all the issues. But apparently Mazda doesn't have a fix for these issues.
  6. M

Joined the club today

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club!
  7. M

Automatic wipers - yea or nay

I find the auto wipers annoying. All the Mazdas I've owned have been this way. They work properly half the time at best. The adjustment doesn't really seem to do anything except make them even more sensitive. Since this is my wife's vehicle, I just suck it up most of the time. If I'm using it...
  8. M

First trip out in the snow, confused where to put this, tires?

My only issue with snow tires is what it does to some people's mentality. Their usage where I live has gone up dramatically and so have the crashes. That whole "I've got AWD so nothing can stop me" attitude has now shifted to an "I've got snow tires so nothing can stop me" attitude. Snow tires...
  9. M

New to the MAZDA crew

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Currently on my second CX-5 (Bought a 17 a couple months ago and owned a '13) and loving it as well. The CX-5 forum is definitely the most active here and very friendly as well. I've never seen a question go unanswered here. I'm obsessive with keeping my cars...
  10. M

2017~2024 More luxury wanted..

My Honda Pilot has the predictive lines and I changed it so it just showed the straight lines. Found I was able to place the vehicle better with that setup. I could have easily clipped vehicles if I had been just looking at the camera when backing into spots and trusting the predictive lines...
  11. M

2017~2024 '17 sport - front seats could be a little...

Nice to know I'm not the only one OCD on the seat adjustments. Power seats (which both my vehicles have) are more convenient for making adjustments but I've always found manual ones easier to find the sweet spot. Anytime the seats get moved it's a Planes, Trains and Automobiles moment trying to...
  12. M

2017~2024 '17 sport - front seats could be a little...

We had a 1st gen CX-5 and now own a '17. The wife find these seats more comfy than the older ones. I find them comfy as well.
  13. M

Inventory is way out of whack

I know when they first came out, they were having issues keeping up with higher than anticipated demand. So much so that the guitar manufacturer they are using for the hand crafted wood trim started focusing more on that than making guitars. Never heard if they ever resolved the issue.
  14. M

CX-3 Picture Thread

That's a 3 though, not a CX-3
  15. M

Has anyone qualified for 0% financing for 60/mo?

I've noticed in my experience in Canada that getting the advertised rate is relatively easy as long as you have a decent credit rating. When the advertised rate is 0% (which is offered even on 84 months in many cases here, except not on the CX-9 yet) many people get that rate. Basically, if you...
  16. M

A couple of quick questions from a new 2017 CX5 owner

1. It does not lock 2. Touch the back of the fob to the start button and start it that way. It is explained in the owner's manual the steps needed to make it work(section 4-9 I believe)
  17. M

2017~2024 Noob alert! Introducing myself...

Welcome to the forum. We went with the Soul Red. My wife thought about the blue (it is mainly her vehicle) but my Pilot is blue so she went with the red. One of her co-workers likes the colour so much that he's going to get his Nissan Skyline painted in the same colour, even though it's extra...
  18. M

My Thoughts on a 2017 CX-5 Touring

Styling is always going to be a subjective thing. I love the look of our 2017, especially in the Soul Red. We seriously considered a CR-V but glad we decided to go with the CX-5. Just drives a little nicer and definitely looks a lot better than the CR-V. There's a lot of subtle detail to the...
  19. M

My Thoughts on a 2017 CX-5 Touring

As far as I know, that beep you hear is just the auto-lock feature. Close the door and you hear a beep to let you know it has been activated and then a second beep as you walk away, letting you know it has locked.
  20. M

Close to pulling the trigger on a 17 CX-5 GT - information needed!

Just got my CX-5 the other night. The infotainment startup isn't any slower than my Honda Pilot and the bluetooth seems to connect fairly quickly on its own. All the tech can be adjusted for sensitivity as well. As far as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, I have it on my Pilot and rarely use it. I...
Back