Search results

1. U

Guide JDM Mazda2/Demio Headlight Upgrade

This thread will be an all-in-one guide for anyone looking to replace their halogen reflector headlights with OEM projector lights from various markets. This will have all the relevant part numbers and links for everything needed for as close to OEM as possible(more on this later). Let's face...
  2. U

I'm a believer

Let's start with mods. My car has a CS intake, Hotpipes header, and stock exhaust. It also has stock suspension. I've had a DT tune, (probably 7-8 revisions in) and have been very happy with it. However seeing the HP/TQ numbers of a few people on the forums that were so significantly higher...
  3. U

Thinking of ordering new shoes.

My RE-11a have about 12k on them and are beginning to get squirrely when there is a good rain storm. DTD has $70 off a set of Bridgestones and I was planning on picking up a set of RE-71a. The only issue is they only come in 205/50-15 which I worry is too wide to put on a 15x6.5 rim(Konig...
  4. U

Talk to me about engines

My father is looking to purchase a used car. After letting him drive my deceased 04 Mazda 6, 00 Miata, and 14 Mz2 I'm pretty sure I have him convinced on either a Mazda 3 or a Lexus IS250(yeah, I know, but old man). My question is what are the major failure points on the 2.0 and 2.5 engines in...
  5. U

Alignment changes with wheel/tire size

Does the car need to be realigned with the change from stock to compensate for a different(in this case 195/50-15) wheel and tire? I thought that it would be a 'no' but after putting 6k miles on my RE-11a tires and going to rotate them front to back yesterday the outside edges of both front...
  6. U

Goodbye Mazda2, hellooooo ND!

http://jalopnik.com/here-are-the-official-pics-of-the-2016-mazda-miata-1630339600
  7. U

Tire time

Since Discount Tire Direct is going to have some obscene sale this weekend on wheels I'm going to pick up a set of Konig Feathers (15x7.5) and I'm looking as to what shoes to wrap around them. They will be used mainly for poor weather DD and AutoX(on a Miata). I'm going to get 205/50-15 sized so...
  8. U

Custom Gears

This is a partial 'enlighten me' and a 'searching for answers' post, but has anyone ever had a custom gear created? Is it even possible to have one made with a synchromesh transmission without changing far too many parts to make it cost effective? I ask because after reading the thread about the...
  9. U

MS3 Radio Install

My employer just bought a new MS3 with the tech package for puttering around town...yeah it's awesome, I know. This is to replace an older Scylon xB that had about a $3k sound system that some kid decided to pull in front of and turn into beer can. My question is this: given the car has nav...
  10. U

USDM Mazda2 Audio Pinout

This is the pinout for the 2013 Mz2, 2007+ should all be the same, however. This is looking at the radio side/aftermarket harness with the pins pointing at you. BOLD are all required to properly connect an aftermarket radio, the rest may or may not be used depending on your application. The...
  11. U

Sloppy clutch~ Sloppy clutch~ How do I fix you~

Autocrossing my 2 for the first time really brought into perspective the difference between a FWD gearbox and the RWD manual in my Miata. Specifically downshifting going into a turn. Where I can count on pushing in the pedal and the Miata disengaging the 2 seem to want to go at its own pace. My...
  12. U

Alright, I did it.

I registered for Novice H-Stock autocross. My first ever race will be Sept 1st. Hopefully in that time frame I can get a set of CS shocks and springs...maybe Corksport will have a miraculous sale or free shipping or something for encouragement. *whistles* At least I have the Star Specs and...
  13. U

Question to UK/AUS/JP 2 owners

The Miata's Owner's Manual for the 98-05 model years list only 5w-30 and 10w-30 oil, but the AUS and UK manuals list everything from 0w-20 to straight 40 oil. I was wondering if the current gen 1.3l-1.5l petrol Mazda2 is the same way. Because of the idiotic red tape and backwards thinking on...
  14. U

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Owning an NB1 Miata, and being quite literally addicted to the Miata.net forums, I have had quite a bit of enjoyment of reading through this thread over there. So this is basically a thread for posting anything from trivial to technical that you did to your 2; pictures are encouraged and nothing...
Back