Search results

1. S

Lying Dealer Service Department

Had the brakes on my 2014 Touring worked on today by the dealer. They definitely needed to be done and the easiest...not the cheapest I'm sure...way at this point was to have the dealer do them. Car was picked up at my house...that was nice...and taken to the dealer. Service Advisor called to...
  2. S

2014 CX-5 Touring - Towing Smallest U-Haul Trailer

Moving daughter and grandbaby 400 miles next week. They'll be in their car and I'll follow them by myself in my CX-5. For now it's just clothes and lightweight stuff going with them. Household items will be moved later by a moving company. Thinking about using the smallest U-Haul trailer (4' X...
  3. S

Optima Battery Fitment - 2014 CX-5 Touring

Living in S Texas USA heat is a killer on car batteries. Current battery is almost in need of replacement...starting to be just a little sluggish when starting. It's 3+ years old which is about all I seem to get from current battery technology. The current battery is an AGM battery from Auto...
  4. S

CX-5 Cabin Filter…18 months too long

Looks like 18 months is too long between changes here in S Texas with oak trees hanging over the driveway? (nailbyt) This is just how it came out of my 2014 CX-5 today when I finally got around to changing it. Note to self...change cabin filter in 6 months. Bill
  5. S

Best Headlight Replacement Bulbs for 2014 Touring?

Days are getting shorter and I'm using the headlights more now. The original headlight bulbs seem kinda weak and I'm thinking of replacing them to get a brighter, whiter light. Any recommendations? Thx! Bill
  6. S

H&R Lowering Springs - Before and After Pics

Hopefully these pics will show the amount of change after the springs were installed. Difference is subtle but very noticeable to me. Not that noticeable to most other people but that's okay. Overall the drop was just about what H&R claims...1.25" in front and about 1.75" in rear. We'll see how...
  7. S

2014 Touring FWD - Spark Plug Model Number?

Pushing 50,000 miles so thought I'd get new plugs and install them. Anyone know the model number for plugs for a 2014 Touring with 2.5 engine? Thx! Bill
  8. S

2014 CX-5 Liftgate Won't Open

2014 touring fwd cx-5. Yesterday, out of the blue, the lift gate stopped unlocking/opening. I can release it manually from the inside but nothing I do with the remote or door switch will unlock the lift gate. Online search turns up other instances and all say just go to dealer for a repair...
  9. S

Motegi MR116 Gloss Black With Machined Accent

New wheels! Installed new General RT43 tires a couple of weeks ago. Really like them. Wanted different wheels. Found sort of a deal on Amazon (free shipping!) on these wheels and went ahead and bought them last weekend. They arrived yesterday and I had them installed today. Pics should show...
  10. S

H&R Lowering Springs - What Other Changes Needed When You Install Them?

Time for new tires and I'm thinking of adding H&R lowering springs as well to drop the wheel well height a little. Is it as simple as having the springs installed or are there other suspension things that have to be done as well? Thx! Bill
  11. S

18" CX-9 Wheels on CX-5 and Changing to Smaller Sidewall Tire?

What I don't know about tires would fill several books so I'm asking the smart people here for some help/ideas. Backstory...2014 CX-5 Touring with stock OEM 17" wheels. Want to move up to 18" wheels. Found some 18" CX-9 wheels nearby that the owner will practically give away. Pretty sure the...
  12. S

Small Body Panel in Front of 2017 Hood?

Forgive me if this has been answered but I've been in and out lately. Can someone explain why Mazda had to add that small "extra" body panel in front of the front edge of the hood on the 2017 CX-5? To me it just looks like an add on and I don't understand why the hood couldn't just extend out to...
  13. S

Change Brake Fluid at 30,000 Miles?

Took our 2014 Touring CX-5 to the dealer to have the 30,000 mile service done. All good but they say that the brake fluid is starting to discolor...orangish in color. They recommended replacing the fluid at a cost of $150.00+ USD. I declined. Does brake fluid really "go bad" after only 30,000...
  14. S

Opinions: Goodyear Eagle Sport High Performance All-Season Tires

Hi all! Still planning to go up to an 18" wheel on the CX-5 pretty soon. Found a wheel I like that weighs 20.7 pounds so I'm losing a couple of pounds of weight compared to the OEM 17" wheels. That's good. In researching 18" tires on Tire Rack I saw that Goodyear has the Eagle Sport All Season...
  15. S

Chop the Roof?

Not what you might think. Our poor CX-5 was pummeled by a bad hail storm in San Antonio Texas last week. The insurance adjuster looked at the car today and basically they are going to pay to replace the hood, lift gate and the roof! Soooo...cut off the hail damaged roof and weld on a new roof...
  16. S

Weight of OEM 17" rims?

Hi All! Does anyone know the weight of the 17" rims (just the rims) from a 2014 CX-5? Just curious as I'm planning to move up to an 18" rim and tire combo later this year. The replacement 18" rims I'm considering weigh 22.8 pounds and I wanted to see how that compares to the OEM rims. Thx...
  17. S

Battery Suggestions?

Hi all! 2014 CX-5 Touring with ~27000 miles on the original battery. Looking to replace it before the summer Texas heat hits. What battery makers has everyone had good luck with? Thx! Bill
  18. S

'03 PT Cruiser Turbo to '14 CX-5 Touring?

Current daily driver is an '03 PT GT with 120,000 miles. Planning to swap to a '14 CX-5 Touring sometime in the next few months. Anyone make the switch from a PT to the '14 CX-5? Both have similar interior space. Both cars weigh about the same. But...the PT GT has 215HP vs 185HP for the CX-5...
Back