Search results

1. J

BC Racing BR Coilovers Impressions

If you want to take it one step further than either I or Tony went, I have a set of BC front inserts valved for 800# springs( 700# to 900# range sweep). I was going to test them with a soft rear spring setup for daily driving and then 700-900# springs for the rear on course to see just how flat...
  2. J

BC Racing BR Coilovers Impressions

Please don't take this with anything but face value. It's not meant to demean you, just provide answers. The BC springs are not your problem. It's the rate you've chosen. 12k BC springs were tested 150,000 oscillations at 2" compressions and spring rate deviated by less than 2% over published...
  3. J

Sold the 2.

That's a fairly large jump in both performance and price point! Best of luck with the new (to you) car.
  4. J

flatlander937's Mazda2 build - SCCA STF / NASA NXF

The "experiment" ,if you'd call it that, was to see if we could up the spring rate enough to run without either sway bar to allow each corner to work independent of each other. Sway bars (or in our case in the rear, a torsion bar), couples the roll resistance at each corner. Sure it helps...
  5. J

Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar $125 shipped

Yes it does. Especially if you are running softer rear rates (lowering springs) or less than a 450lb rear coilover Spring. And sorry to get back to you so late, I check this forum very infrequently since I sold the car and all the parts. This bar is the only time remaining. Email or txt for more...
  6. J

Alignment question

Really? Those guys have ver little knowledge when it comes to anything. So it's lowered. Yup. It has more camber than stock. Yup. If it's close to even and it doesn't pull, set the front toe and they're done. The 2 is one of THE easiest cars out there to align period. There's zero caster...
  7. J

Rotaryknight slowly but surely build

That would be fairly easy considering I have an uninstalled RB bar, and am only 40 miles from Philly. not sure if I can make the June Philly event, but the 26th in AC is a possibility.
  8. J

STF Suggestions

Honestly if I had it to do over again (as opposed to doing it over and over and over again), I'd go straight for the BCs. Get them with a more favorable rate (350/250) which is about 25% more stiff than the Bilstein rates. The Bilsteins rode great, were awesome on the street, but felt really...
  9. J

Still have it. I don't have notifications setup for For Sale posts but can email me at jyatsko5@hotmail.com or text me 7326906919 for a faster response.
  10. J

I can honestly say there was no massive amounts of wheelspin mid or corner exit. Got some off the line, but after the 3rd launch, we both found the sweet spot of grip and were able to get the most out of the uphill to off camber first corner. The was really only one spot that I really pedaled...
  11. J

Gina - the H Street SCCA autocross beast

Not sure if you're interested in buying yet another set of rear shocks, but the AGXs from the last gen Focus work quite well on course, soft enough to daily drive and are super easy to adjust. Congrats on the success you've had so far. I'm still really uneasy about these cars in stock, but the...
  12. J

That's some write up! Looking forward to the end of the month. MetLife had a ton of grip last weekend even at only 52F air temp. Can't wait to see how the car feels with the 700/700 and be able to finally compare the Koni/KYB to the BCs. We can also mess around with the corner balance and set...
  13. J

ZPS Build Thread

"The Ringer". I think a new screen name is due. Nice mention. Seems like it's a great group of folks to run with.
  14. J

Mazdaspeed/Tri Point Engineering B-Spec Rear Sway Bar $125 shipped

Sorry.. Forgot to put the username tag on it. It sold anyway but I'll fix the other post as well. Thanks.
  15. J

jasyatz build thread

Update. B Spec rear sway bar is sold. RB rear bar still available. somebody make an offer on it. I hate seeing it not installed on something. I wish it fit the new car.
  16. J

jasyatz build thread

Leased a Kia Forte5 SX 6spd. Nice comfy street car. Does everything I need it to do 11 months out of the year. It's not great on course, but it's not terrible. Will be a solid regional HS car, but no Ultimate Prize winner. And yes; The plan is to autox until the eyes or body fails. Hopefully...
  17. J

2 years old, bought it after the Mazdaspeed bar became illegal for STF. A must have for any serious autocrosser. It's scarred and scratched but functions as designed. Comes with all the hardware and instructions (if you need them.) $125.00 Shipped to any address in the lower US48. Will ship to...
Back