Search results

1. ColoradoDriver

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I really need to do this.
  2. ColoradoDriver

Switched insurance companies. Current had the audacity to raise my rates again, but this time close to $60/mo in terms of a price hike and there was no way I was paying $268/mo for an 11 year old car. Shopped around and found better coverage with lower deductibles ($500 collision, $750...
  3. ColoradoDriver

2015 CX-5 GT With Blown Head Gasket...Advice Needed

Yep, this isn't some specialty exotic car.
  4. ColoradoDriver

New battery install last night. Old battery started corroding at the terminals, so needed to clean those up too. It was reaching 6 years old and was not holding a charge anymore much past a day or two leading to very slow cranking or not enough power to start the car, so was time to change. Got...
  5. ColoradoDriver

The Never-ending Question...What happens to the CX-5 Next Year (2025)?

Did they change it then? See earlier Gen 2's.
  6. ColoradoDriver

The gen 2 grill has grown on me, but I still don't care for how the hood overhangs it and it still has a massive piece of chrome on it vs the Gen 1 which is not my thing. But hey, that's just me. I'd like Mazda to go back to their Kodo design. Think they have lost the plot lately with their...
  7. ColoradoDriver

I've always maintained that from the external look department, Gen 1 CX-5 > Gen 2 CX-5. Not at all to say that the Gen 2's aren't clearly the nicer cars, but I don't know, too much chrome added and I don't like how they changed a lot of the lines the Gen 1 had.
  8. ColoradoDriver

CX-5 Year, Mileage and Repairs

Really like seeing these north of 250k CX-5's. I really see no reason why mine can't go at least another decade if not longer at my current mileage rate.
  9. ColoradoDriver

CX-5 Year, Mileage and Repairs

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD - I do not have the technology or the Bose/moonroof package. Purchased new in April 2013. Getting close to 133k miles now. Only repairs out of the ordinary for me: Belt tensioner went bad (this is a common problem item for many) Shift actuator went bad (early model...
  10. ColoradoDriver

Blizzak WS-90 thoughts after 3 seasons

Nice! I might try those next time just to get a feel. Overall I am pretty happy with my Continental VikingContact 7's. I will say they are not as grippy as the Blizzaks, which I think is to be expected given they don't have the super soft compound on top of regular winter compound like the...
  11. ColoradoDriver

Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

PBO might give you better single core scores due to higher single core boosts, but the best scores for CB R23 multi-core will come from just doing the highest all-core OC you can get (limit being your cooling). That's how I got 24k on my 5900X while PBO+CO was at best giving me 22-23k. That...
  12. ColoradoDriver

130k miles on a 2014 CX-5 - First Check Engine Light - P0172

I have not. Will look into that.
  13. ColoradoDriver

Broke my CX-5 side mirror

Sorry to hear brother. I did something similar years ago and let me tell you it was a royal PITA to replace the part myself. The inner door panel came off, most of the plastic clips broke and then I had to get new ones and even then had a hell of a time getting the door panel to go back on...
  14. ColoradoDriver

I am not a Costco member. Just me and the wife and not a lot of storage for bulk buying. Yeah I used to always put in Shell but sometimes it's seriously like $.50 - $1 more per gallon these days around here. Maybe it's worth it, I don't know. Yep I have mostly gone to city driving the past 3-4...
  15. ColoradoDriver

Tried that Berryman B12 Chemtool in a new tank of gas and can say it's been over a week now and check engine light has stayed off. Guess the injectors needed a little cleaning. I've been kinda cheaping out on gas lately (not Top Tier gas stations), so guess I need to run some stuff through...
  16. ColoradoDriver

Dad took CX-5 at 56k miles in for routine maintenance and these were the recommended repairs

Man even that first line...in what world is a basic synthetic oil change a $143 service? OK, they tack on a tire rotation....question still stands, and depending on where you bought your tires, you can probably get that done for free. As for the rest: Brakes and fluid should only be needed if...
  17. ColoradoDriver

Off Topic Buying another car, non Mazda (2023 KIA Stinger)

Its November and still no pics of the Stinger.
  18. ColoradoDriver

2013~2016 CX-5 HVAC stopped blowing

Very interesting. Well I may take you up on that then and look into picking one of those up and seeing if that resolves my issue. It's too bad. The Napa blower was actually built really solid otherwise. Metal instead of plastic, etc.
  19. ColoradoDriver

Well something interesting happened. For the hell of it, I dumped a bottle of Techron into the gas tank when I filled up exactly one week ago. On Sunday, the CEL turned off and stayed off all week until it came back on again yesterday. Again, everything feels like its running fine, so I really...
  20. ColoradoDriver

2013~2016 CX-5 HVAC stopped blowing

Just wanted to update. I bought a blower motor at NAPA that said it was Made in Canada. I ended up doing the switch last Saturday and the new motor definitely works, but it has this god awful what I can only describe as "coil whine" on the lowest settings. So I may take it back and just pony up...
Back